NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals

Bespin refugee

https://marvelousnews.com/23-23822

We're following the latest news and updates from #NYCC 2018. We have the word from Marvel's on the new Marvel Legends reps on what's coming our way. We are updating the report now so check back for details as we add them.

New Figures 

Jubilee
Night Thrasher
Ebony Maw
Corvus Glaive
Force 
Caliban Built-A-Figure - More pics coming today at 4 PM ET.

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 0__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 2__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 4__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 5__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 6__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 7__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 8 (2)__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 8 (3)__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 8 (4)__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 8 (4)__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 8 (7)__scaled_600.jpg

NYCC 2018 - New Marvel Legends Reveals 8 (8)__scaled_600.jpg

Ahhhhh!  This is like Christmas for me when these reveals come out!  I’m excited for this x-men wave especially. I love what Hasbro is doing with these alternate heads such as shadow king coming with prof x and hydra bob with Deadpool. After I spend way too much for a hydra bob custom head:( and I think it’s cool Deadpool coming with the sticker sheet. Some might think it’s childishbor whatever but hey -it’s deadpool!  Once again this kingpin looks dooooope. And that shadow King head was a perfect idea!  Like the beat up Peter Parker head coming in that two-pack too. F*ckin Forge is coming!! 

36 minutes ago, MIKE said:

Night Thrasher is awesome. Excited for a Jubilee. The build a figure set didn't come out in my area and I will be dambed if I gonna pay the way jacked up after market price for the set.

The distribution for that wave was completely botched, the production numbers way too low, and the case assortment crappy. They were at TRU (with Storm and Magneto being virtually impossible to find), in limited quantities, and Bigbadtoystore took preorders for them... and then cancelled a bunch of them, because Hasbro didn't make enough of them. Luckily, I got my preorder in early, or I would have been out of luck. I'm glad they did the modern Jubilee as the BAF in that wave- THIS is the Jubilee that everyone has wanted, and I'm glad it won't be an uber-rare BAF. So close to animated X-Men... give us a new Beast, and a Morph!!!

So, I'm thinking Beta Ray Bill might be in the Captain Marvel wave? He'd fit in well, and that wave should have 1 or 2 more unannounced figures.

Some nice surprises! So much stuff! The classic Kraven is a nice surprise- the one we got a couple of years ago was great, but I'm mainly a fan of comics from the 1960s-1990s. so I'm happy they used that as the base for a classic Kraven. I'd love it if they did something like this, and recreated the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #39 with a 2-pack of Green Goblin (with a new, more realistic head) and battle-damaged Peter Parker/Spidey (the Select one just doesn't cut it).

Peter_Parker_(Earth-616)_the_Green_Goblin_learns_Peter's_double_identity_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_39.jpg

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

So, I'm thinking Beta Ray Bill might be in the Captain Marvel wave? He'd fit in well, and that wave should have 1 or 2 more unannounced figures.

Some nice surprises! So much stuff! The classic Kraven is a nice surprise- the one we got a couple of years ago was great, but I'm mainly a fan of comics from the 1960s-1990s. so I'm happy they used that as the base for a classic Kraven. I'd love it if they did something like this, and recreated the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #39 with a 2-pack of Green Goblin (with a new, more realistic head) and battle-damaged Peter Parker/Spidey (the Select one just doesn't cut it).

Peter_Parker_(Earth-616)_the_Green_Goblin_learns_Peter's_double_identity_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_39.jpg

I really do like the green goblin they released a couple of years ago

Might be the only one who actually is happy to see Jubilee, Prof. X, Caliban, Kingpin, and Kraven and that's it. Don't really care for anything else as of now... :(

Beta Ray Bill, I am still not convinced. Forge, he is really not that impressive and kind of disappointing. The Black Order figures look really nice, but honestly I want to see more comic figures. Hope we get to see Storm and Mystique in the days to come.

4 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Funny you say that. I was just thinking that's where Ebony Maw and Corvus Glaive might end up.

That Caliban figure is epic. Ever since he came became a horseman, I’ve loved his design. Really looking forward to the wave. Hopefully they do another Cull Obsidian that has a movie accurate design to go with the rest of the Black Order figures.

1 hour ago, Sam1402 said:

I think nighthrasher comes with a skateboard bored witch would also have good use for the spider punk

Hmmm... if Hasbro has a 6-inch-scale mold for a skateboard now, I wonder if that raises our chances of getting a Rocket Racer figure...? He'd be high on my list, such a randomly specific gimmick, but weirdly cheesey and cool. I still don't know why it has taken so long to get a Marvel Legends figure of Shang-Chi ("Master of Kung-Fu")- he would make for an awesome figure, with interchangeable hands and nunchaku, and could fit in most waves.

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Nimrod & Strong Guy  & a new Blob are like the only 3 X-related BAFs I will spend $$ on to get. The other X-related BAFs have never really done anything for me.  When it comes to the Blob, Hasbro will be hard pressed to top it.

Yeah, the sculpt on The Blob is fantastic. I wouldn't mind a repaint that looked a little less glossy, and wasn't made of that speckled plastic. A "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" set with that, a repaint of the rare Magneto from the Jubilee wave, a new Silver-Age Quicksilver, to-scale and fully posable Toad, and Mastermind would make for a great SDCC set. Since he'd have solid demand, Toad could be repainted in a later wave of regular figures.

Only Shang Chi I would buy is his classic 70s look. That figure should come with at least 8 sets of kung Fu hands & 2 alternate head sculpts. Just like Spiderman, in my book he will always be a solo player, not a team member of the Avengers. That buttwipe Bendis just wanted to sell more comics by throwing in all the big names  & his favorites into the Avengers after he disassembled them.  Wolvy is always just an X-man for me, Ironfist & Powerman just that  & Doc Strange either solo or as a member of the Defenders which with the addition of Nighthawk, just leaves a classic Hulk left to do for a classic Defenders team. With as many obscure characters that Hasbro has given us such as classic comic versions of the Jackal , Prowler & now Night thrasher, I really hope they plan on making more classic Avengers such as Swordsman, Yellowjacket, & 1st app Wonderman & Falcon. I'd also like to see them finally finish making all the core members of Alpha Flight, we have never  had 6' versions of NorthStar/Aurora, Shaman & Snowbird, they are long over due as is a newer, better articulated Puck. 

Shang Chi statue.jpg