Spider-Man: Far From Home Teaser Trailer & International Trailer

JayC

Wow! Great trailers, I counted two villians and 3 maybe's. I'm assuming that Mysterio is still a villain. Okay so Hydroman, the big rock thing during the day Sandman maybe, saw some electricity at night with people running maybe Electro? And some type of fire thing with what looked like gold dripping off it or lava, don't quite know about this one. Anyway, cant wait for this one. I liked the trailers way more than Captain Marvels. Thanks

17 hours ago, mako said:

Yeah, I know everyone is constantly screeching about how the MCU guys are the first to reaaly "Get" Spidey, but as I see Peter Parker packing his Stark-Tech Power-Suit and say goodbye to his hot, ethnically ambiguous aunt and go off on a Genius School class trip to Europe with also hot, and even more ethnically ambiguous neo-MJ, I gotta wonder . . . is this REALLY what Stan and Steve had in mind back in the day?

Sorry, I've been watching "Where the CW's Supergirl Went Wrong" videos on YouTube and its over-loaded my SJW tolerance almost to the point of a "China Syndrome" scenario.

You mean the Stan Lee that co-created characters like the X-Men that mirror the struggles of minorities, or even Black Panther and the Falcon, the very first African and African-American superheroes in mainstream comics, respectivey? The same Stan Lee that Gene Colan recalled as "wanting to be at the forefront of things" with regards to topics such as the civil rights protests?

12 hours ago, mako said:

Actually, I think he'd be kind of ashamed. Having been active in the '70s he'd have seen tokenism (the worst form of racism) first hand. Seeing it not only return in our modern age, but be touted as something positive, would probably make him even sicker than it does me.

Tokenism is the worst form of racism? I mean, until right now I used to think that stuff like actual harassment, lynching, slavery, racial segregation, or simply the overall institutional racism were some of the actual worst forms of racism, but you've opened my eyes.

On a serious note, representation and inclusion is not tokenism.

• 3 months later...
Sony has released a new Spider-Man: Far From Home Trailer with new plot revelations and of course SPOILERS from Avengers: Endgame.

Peter Parker returns in SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME, the next chapter of the Spider-Man: Homecoming series! Our friendly neighborhood Super Hero decides to join his best friends Ned, MJ, and the rest of the gang on a European vacation. However, Peter's plan to leave super heroics behind for a few weeks are quickly scrapped when he begrudgingly agrees to help Nick Fury uncover the mystery of several elemental creature attacks, creating havoc across the continent!

Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhaal, Samuel L. Jackson, Jon Favreau, Marisa Tomei, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Tony Revolori, Angourie Rice, Martin Starr, J.B. Smoove, Cobie Smulders

Release: July 5th, 2019
1 of 1

This new trailer makes the movie look even cooler. Wasn't a fan of the first one, but this looks promising. Specially with what they are setting up. 

On 1/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, newcollector24680 said:

I hate how the suit's in the MCU Spider-Man incarnation look sooooo bad from too much CGI. In the Amazing Spider-Man movies, you could see wrinkles like how it would be in really life and the effects are so much better. Just watch the MCU F#*$ up the Spider-Man Noir suit too. 

I'm not sure that's the Noir Suit, tho... stealth and noir are very different things.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Is one of those "revelations" why Tony and Pepper gained a daughter and Ant-Man's adolescent daughter grew into a teenager in the five years between half the universe being dusted and Hulk bringing everyone back in the present, but none of the teenagers at Peter's schiool have aged at all?

No? Didn't think so.

The dusted characters didn't age while dead, so the most likely explanation is that every named character from Midtown (i.e. Peter's group of friends and acquaintances) got dusted. It's way too convenient, but not impossible considering 3.7 billion people died. However, at the very least a handful of students must have survived and aged and graduated (if one were to assume the education system continued in some shape of form after the Snap). It would be funny if they at least address that scenario.

This new trailer is great. I guess MJ figures out Peter is Spider-Man on this one, she's a little snoop. And hey whats all the gripes about? There's no complaining in the MCU, just roll with it baby. I know we don't want to go back to the old days when Green Goblin wore a metal suit and Sand man looked like a knock off Mego. Thanks for the trailer.

11 hours ago, ADour said:

The dusted characters didn't age while dead, so the most likely explanation is that every named character from Midtown (i.e. Peter's group of friends and acquaintances) got dusted. It's way too convenient, but not impossible considering 3.7 billion people died. However, at the very least a handful of students must have survived and aged and graduated (if one were to assume the education system continued in some shape of form after the Snap). It would be funny if they at least address that scenario.

I hope they do, by either Peter meeting some new classmates or meeting some of his (former) classmates who have graduated

I mean, we're basically talking about 4 kids (Peter, MJ, Ned, and Flash).  Not improbable that these 4 kids all got dusted.  (I'd like to think Aunt May got dusted too just to spare her the grief).    Were you guys complaining this much when 4  of the GotG got dusted?  Because both occurrences seem about equally likely. 

Hopefully we get a brief scene where one of the high school staff members (either Principal Morita, Coach Wilson, or Debate team coach Harrington)  gives a speech to the newly undusted welcoming them back.  (In particular, i'm hoping Martin Starr reprises his role as harrington to serve as chaperone on the trip to Europe). 

Overall, this movie looks great.  The only annoying thing is knowing ahead of time that Mysterio is a villain or at least not what he appears to be.. I'm kinda hoping he is actually not an outright villain since it would make the plot more surprising to comic readers.  But in the end as long as a heel turn is well-executed it should be OK.

6 hours ago, mako said:

Peter going back to school after being dead for 5 years, and possibly meeting his older, now graduted friends (not-MJ, the asian guy, etc.) would've actuallly been pretty interesting. Certainly, it would've ben something new that hadn't been done before.

But I guess they opted not to address any of the gaping plotholes left over from Endgame, and instead retread an old Power Rangers plot (go on class fieldtrip and fight monsters).

It warms my heart to finally see the Spidey character in the hands of people with such a firm grasp of what the character is all about.:blink:

Also it saves them re-casting characters.