Captain Marvel Has A Strong Opening Weekend At The Box Office

JayC

Marvel's Captain Marvel had a strong opening weekend bringing in $153 million at the domestic box office and $302 million overseas for an estimated total of $455 million in-all. This makes the movie the third-highest March opening of all-time and the seventh-highest Marvel Cinematic Universe movie opening behind Black Panther, Captain America: Civil War, Iron Man 3 and the three Avengers movies.

2 hours ago, KiloinNorcal said:

There were a lot of haters online with negative press, so I went in with low expectations, but I was surprised how good it was. Probably my second favorite origins film behind Ironman 1.

You confuse hate with honest criticism. I saw it and I can honesty say that I am not impressed AT ALL. The movie was quite weak and her performance was not good. She has no charisma and she made the character sound arrogant abnd unrelatable. The movie is as weak as the first Thor which also had some good sides and Hemsworth ahs grown a lot since then. 

The lighting was very bad at most fight scenes and what really saves it is Sam Jackson and the cat. The effects were good also and the soundtrack was actually the best part for me since I was a teen back in the 90's.  What they did to Mar-Vell was inexcusable.  Even worse that that crap they pulled before in another movie that I can't say which, because of spoliers. 

What do yous ay about Rotten Tomatos deleting more than 50k reviews and only selecting the better ones? 

The bottom line is that they made a huge hype of this and it was not all that. Very average like 15th place in all the MCU movies to date. Being Infinity War the best so far and The Incredible Hulk being the worse of all. 

Good movie, there is no need for hate, it wasn't one of the best in the history of the MCU. But was solid, and remember, it's hard to tell a story when you are so constrained by a Cinematic Universe. Those who criticize Brie, well, there's a part of the comics when Carol suffered amnesia after a clod in her brain, and she was so cold with everybody...

On 3/11/2019 at 7:12 PM, FASVB said:

You confuse hate with honest criticism. I saw it and I can honesty say that I am not impressed AT ALL. The movie was quite weak and her performance was not good. She has no charisma and she made the character sound arrogant abnd unrelatable. The movie is as weak as the first Thor which also had some good sides and Hemsworth ahs grown a lot since then. 

The lighting was very bad at most fight scenes and what really saves it is Sam Jackson and the cat. The effects were good also and the soundtrack was actually the best part for me since I was a teen back in the 90's.  What they did to Mar-Vell was inexcusable.  Even worse that that crap they pulled before in another movie that I can't say which, because of spoliers. 

What do yous ay about Rotten Tomatos deleting more than 50k reviews and only selecting the better ones? 

The bottom line is that they made a huge hype of this and it was not all that. Very average like 15th place in all the MCU movies to date. Being Infinity War the best so far and The Incredible Hulk being the worse of all. 

Well technically speaking, Carol Danvers is supposed to be a bit arrogant, smarmy, and unrelatable as the Capt Marvel persona. 

Also Rotten Tomatos deleted reviews people posted before the movie was even released due to an agenda just as bad as the one these people were supposedly acting out against. But I'm not here to change minds. People who want to hate the movie because they don't like Brie Larson the person, aren't likely to be swayed by a message board post. Personally, I liked the movie and don't see where the negativity is coming from cinematically. Can't wait for Endgame.