Gambit Movie Canceled & New Mutants Delayed Again

JayC

Disney has announced that they are canceling the Gambit movie which would have started Channing Tatum as the Cajum mutant and once again delayed the release of the Mutant horror film being titled New Mutants, which was last slated to be released on August 2, 2019. The new release date is now April 3, 2020 where it likely won't have any competition.

I think it is safe to say that we can expect Disney to play the role of Thanos and snap away the 20th Century Fox Mutant Marvel Universe and start anew after this year's X-Men: Dark Phoenix. The only likely survivor of the purge will be the Ryan Raynolds based Deadpool character.

Gambit__scaled_600.jpg

Gambit cancelled!? My god thats a shocker. It not like fox was doing nothing with the movie and had a director for it./sarcasm

Lol in all fairness we knew that was happening but whats really surprising is there still going forward with the new mutants. Guess there was too much done to out right cancel it.

1 hour ago, mako said:

It does seem kind of odd. Having been reimagined into a cheesy teeny-bopper horror flick, New Mutants would seem to be diametrically opposed to what Disney is doing with the rest of the MCU, namely turning into a huge slacker comedy.

Coming Soon: The Big Thorbowski!!!

You're kinda missing Thor's entire and beautiful arc in Endgame if you're only seeing it as slacker comedy. The MCU is known to juggle genres, GotG is a space opera, Ant-man is a heist movie, Winter Soldier is a spy thriller, the only full-on comedy is Ragnarok, and even it has layers. I think a cheesy teeny-bopper horror flick could be right at home in the MCU, but I doubt New Mutants will be released as part of it.

The fact they cancelled Gambit does suck, but that probably means the movie wasn’t looking good, I would rather see Channing play gambit in a new x-men movie then get his spin-off, last thing we need is for him to get rebooted.

i do feel that Disney pushed the movie to April so they can fix what was wrong properly. I think it will come out eventually now that it will be 2 years from its original release date

I honestly thought Gambit was already cancelled along time ago, seemed like that movie was going absolutely nowhere except in Channing Tatum's mind, and I am not upset about it be scrapped, on the other hand the New Mutants was actually something I've been looking forward to, way more interested in seeing that then Dark Phoenix, it's too bad it keeps getting pushed back and I bet it will eventually just disintegrate into oblivion. I guess that James Franco Multipleman movie is also no question being scrapped, Marvel/Disney just needs to breathe the new life it will into the X-Men as soon as possible, every time I see the ad's for Dark Phoenix I cringe, it's like a really crappy ex girlfriend who won't stop trying to get you back, just leave us alone, we know you've been lame for years

The MCU so far has been great. The movies that I didn't really care for were almost none. Maybe one or two. 

Now that all of our classic heroes and by far the best ones are gone ( probably) and adding the tumors that I've been reading about, I'm starting to fear for the future. 

Hah, after all these years seeing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and doing a great job IMO, Some people would flip their wigs if they found a 5'3 actor to play Wolverine. I'm sure I could get used to it since it is comic correct. But wow, he had better be as good as Hugh, or even better. I think trying to launch a successful F.F. will almost put the MCU back to the starting point like when they made the first iron man movie. Personally the F.F. are my favorite and I am hoping that everything falls into place for Marvel with the story. Till then, "Make Mine Marvel".

48 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I for one am all burnt out from all the X movies that have come out since 2000, could really care less if any mutant related movie is ever done. Same goes for DP.  Lemme know when they actually get an actor to play Wolvy that is small in stature as he shoulda been from the get go & not 6'3 but 5'3.

So no to How It Should Have Ended's idea for Robert Pattinson to be Logan :D

35 minutes ago, silverback said:

Hah, after all these years seeing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and doing a great job IMO, Some people would flip their wigs if they found a 5'3 actor to play Wolverine. I'm sure I could get used to it since it is comic correct. But wow, he had better be as good as Hugh, or even better. I think trying to launch a successful F.F. will almost put the MCU back to the starting point like when they made the first iron man movie. Personally the F.F. are my favorite and I am hoping that everything falls into place for Marvel with the story. Till then, "Make Mine Marvel".

doom024.jpg

Honestly i think marvel studios would be wise to focus on characters other than Prof X, Magneto, Wolvie, and Mystique in their own x-movies.  Its fine to for these characters to have a presence or be part of good/evil teams but they shouldn't be as front and center as they have in Fox' films, since they seem pretty played out at this point.  And casting a short actor for Wolverine would make a lot of sense in terms of differentiating the marvel movies from Fox, in addition to giving the character a new angle in the movies, the little guy who's constantly underestimated by opponents, has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it and trying to keep a lid on simmering rage.  Kind of the x-men's equivalent of the Hulk, a last resort to cut loose with when things get really hairy.  But of course just my opinion.  (and yeah, Jackman was amazing in the role despite the inaccurate height)