Marvel Legends 6" Ultimate Captain America WW2 & Motorcycle Figure Review

JayC

This figure should have really come with a unmasked Cap head, Im wondering if the unmasked head that came with the Mandroid Wave Winter Soldier Cap (same head that later came with the Age of Ultron Cap) can fit this body, those heads never really looked that realistic for an MCU cap to me, they looked more like a Comic version Cap, maybe they could be a good fit for this figure

1 hour ago, abnuggler said:

Im wondering if the unmasked head that came with the Mandroid Wave Winter Soldier Cap (same head that later came with the Age of Ultron Cap) can fit this body

Gave it a try.  It does not.  The socket in the MCU Cap head is too small, which is a shame because it looks like it would look pretty sharp.  Also, the helmet fits on the MCU Cap head pretty good.  Here's some shots with the MCU Cap head resting on the ball without the ball actually in the socket.  I also gave the Captain Rogers head from the Armin Zola wave a try for fun.  It fits but is too loose and wobbles around.  I like you're idea though.  I might try to dremel out the socket on the MCU Cap head to make it fit.

IMG_20190715_210056367.thumb.jpg.86ea06fbc957b296b39d44885ce139f4.jpgIMG_20190715_210122529_HDR.thumb.jpg.ca195eaf6adc6aa3b1da4448ed79f981.jpgIMG_20190715_210321004_HDR.thumb.jpg.71630c320799a73ae2332221ada7c90c.jpgIMG_20190715_210636811_HDR.thumb.jpg.8e8c1015a8ef1ccbb476f64a9af6de7a.jpg

IMG_20190715_210307394.jpg

17 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Gave it a try.  It does not.  The socket in the MCU Cap head is too small, which is a shame because it looks like it would look pretty sharp.  Also, the helmet fits on the MCU Cap head pretty good.  Here's some shots with the MCU Cap head resting on the ball without the ball actually in the socket.  I also gave the Captain Rogers head from the Armin Zola wave a try for fun.  It fits but is too loose and wobbles around.  I like you're idea though.  I might try to dremel out the socket on the MCU Cap head to make it fit.

Im sure it could fit nicely if you modded the hole by dremeling the socket to fit the peg, just by your pictures it looks like it would look nicely on the figure, the arnim zola wave Steve Rogers head also looks good, its a shame that one is too big. Let me know how it goes.

2 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Im sure it could fit nicely if you modded the hole by dremeling the socket to fit the peg, just by your pictures it looks like it would look nicely on the figure, the arnim zola wave Steve Rogers head also looks good, its a shame that one is too big. Let me know how it goes.

The MCU Cap head looks better on the body than it does in my photos.  I think the Zola Cap head looks too old for a WWII Cap.  I also think that head looks like Charles Napier and Mike Nelson had a heroic baby.

893251626_napier(2).jpg.55491bcccf1e5dba6b9585f3d3504732.jpg1860669633_MST3K-vol-xxxviii-featured(2).thumb.jpg.18f78e4765e3a7333f0a26f3f75d3d80.jpg221517188_IMG_20190715_210122529_HDR.jpg.07b35a89532049ef80395a0f5a4baec2(2).thumb.jpg.5b658d196826965dd0474c3b17d8b88f.jpg

8 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

The MCU Cap head looks better on the body than it does in my photos.  I think the Zola Cap head looks too old for a WWII Cap.  I also think that head looks like Charles Napier and Mike Nelson had a heroic baby.

Yeah thinking its a WW2 Cap figure he'd look better with the MCU figure since he looks younger, the Zola cap is an ok headsculpt but I agree with you he looks a little old for this figure in particular.

I’ve always wanted to get this version of Captain America, I remember coming across a similar figure from the 6inch First Avenger wave; couldn’t afford it at the time. Well at least I have chance now!

Great review and a very good figure set. As a collector who's mainly into the Ultimate universe (including custom figures), this version of Cap just doesn't fit or hold a spot with the rest - based from the previous iterations of this figure. It's a stand alone WWII version which is more suited for Cap collectors. I do love it's mold-mate the 80th 2 pack MCU which is unique / military brown leather outfit and carries new head sculpts.

• 2 months later...