Hasbro Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Comic Book Covers Coming To SDCC

JayC

Hasbro has created some amazing comic book cover images featuring a variety of figures from the new Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary line, including characters such as Iron Man, Thor, Storm, Colossus, and more.

During San Diego Comic-Con later this week, the covers that feature the Marvel Legends X-Men figures will be made available for free for guests during two poster giveaway sessions at the Hasbro Booth (#3213)! Giveaway sessions will take place Friday at 10:30am and Saturday at 4:30pm. During each session two of the four posters will be distributed. Fans can swing by the booth during these times to collect all four to create one large X-Men poster.

In addition, the Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary figures will be available for pre-order on Thursday, 7/18.

Hasbro Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Iron Man Comic Book Cover.jpg

Hasbro_Marvel_Legends_80th_Anniversary_Captain_America_Comic_Book_Cover.jpg

Hasbro_Marvel_Legends_80th_Anniversary_Thor_Comic_Book_Cover.jpg

Hasbro Marvel Legends X-Men Quad Comic Book Cover (1).jpg

Hasbro Marvel Legends X-Men Quad Comic Book Cover (2).jpg

Hasbro Marvel Legends X-Men Quad Comic Book Cover (3).jpg

Hasbro Marvel Legends X-Men Quad Comic Book Cover (4).jpg

Hasbro_Marvel_Legends_X-Men_Quad_Comic_Book_Cover_(5).jpg

This is a pretty cool homage to the source material. I love seeing that xmen #1 recreated with all the characters in it. I was going to do a remake of the cover when I got all the figs but this beats me to it! love it! 

The Thor cover is my favorite but they are all great! 

I follow a bunch of folks who do cover re-creations like this (one of them had done the very same thor cover awhile back!)  I kinda wish hasbro had held some sort of contest with the winner's pic getting chosen for a poster, that would've been neat even tho i would have no chance of winning myself lol

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

The Thor cover is my favorite but they are all great! 

I follow a bunch of folks who do cover re-creations like this (one of them had done the very same thor cover awhile back!)  I kinda wish hasbro had held some sort of contest with the winner's pic getting chosen for a poster, that would've been neat even tho i would have no chance of winning myself lol

that ones my favorite too :D

2 hours ago, Ostevns said:

No one is going to say nothing about!!! Hello jean grey!!!!??

Hello, Jean Grey! There.

These cover realisations are cool and X-Men #1 is the real standout. But:

1. Jean Grey needs more than new wrist bands and a lightly tweaked head. If this really is the  100% official/approved new Marvel Legends Jean Grey...I'll be very disappointed. But, this may be a WIP, a custom for display or whatever, so it could get better. 

2. I'm hoping for more than the three X-based Marvel Legends (Wolverine, Colossus, Juggernaut) in the 80th Anniversary line. Won't list who I think they should do, but the line is way too heavily-stacked towards Avengers - both comic & MCU iterations). Time & time again, MCU double or triple packs (Winter Soldier/Falcon, Vision/Scarlet Witch, Civil War CA, IM & Spider-Man for instance, Iron Man & War Machine) have tanked, and 'special' MCU lines (10th Anniversary) were pretty bad. I've never seen the likes of Ultron, Red Skull, Thor & Sif, Stark & Iron Man not on heavy discount.  Generally, they just don't sell as well as comics-based singles & multi-packs.

Which may be a problem: as of now, we have an MCU Captain America & Peggy Carter; a wartime MCU Cap with bike & a Classic comic-based Cap. MCU is also represented by Korg/Grandmaster (Thor: Ragnarok), Hela & Skurge (Thor: Ragnarok) and Luis & Ghost (Antman & the Wasp). Yeah...little but overweighted. Can't help but think demand for most of the above will be limited.

If Hasbro is celebrating 80 years of Marvel, how is it that 90% of what's been revealed takes us back just 11 years and covers only MCU? 

Marvel's rich and unmatched tapestry of  COMIC characters and teams is barely grazed. Could Hasbro not explore: Punisher #1; Alpha Flight #1, Inhumans (Marvel Knights, #1), Earth X #1, Fantastic Four #1, Secret Wars & Secret Wars (2015, both #1), Thunderbolts #1, Dark Avengers #1?

I'm sure there's more from Hasbro though: more reveals & teasers & jolly good stuff.