Could Hasbro Complete 2 X-Teams In One Marvel Legends Wave?

JayC

Last week during New York Comic Con we learned from Hasbro that we are steps closer to being able to round out both the original 90's X-Force and X-Factor teams in their next wave of X-Force themed Marvel Legends, but would they allow fans to complete those teams in their entirety in the next wave? The answer is yes they could, but will they?

Here is what we know so far about what has already come and is coming for both teams.

IMG_1151__scaled_600.jpg

The original Rob Liefeld X-Force included members Cable, Cannonball, Boom Boom, Shatterstar, Warpath, Domino and Feral. Out of those, we've already gotten Cable, Cannonball, Boom Boom, Domino, Shatterstar, and it was just announced last week that Warpath will be included in the next wave. That only leaves Feral as the last original member to be made into a action figure.

Marvel-Legends-Cannonball-and-Boom-Boom52__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_8759__scaled_600.jpg

For X-Factor, in the 90's when legendary writer Peter David took over the book, the original X-Men members were replaced with a team that included Havoc, Polaris, Multiple Man, Forge, Wolfsbane and Strong Guy. This incarnation of the team was a US government sanctioned team, all of which featuring members wearing similar looking blue and yellow outfits.

IMG_1149__scaled_600.jpg

Out of that team we've already gotten Multiple Man and Forge. During San Diego Comic Con this past summer it was announced we would be getting a new figure 2-pack featuring both Havoc and Polaris in their 90's X-Factor outfits and Strong Guy would be released as a Build-A-Figure in the near future, confirming last week in fact for the next X-Force wave. That only leaves Wolfsbane in her X-Factor outfit to be released.

X-Men-Marvel-Legends-Apocalypse-BOF-Multiple-Man20__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Forge-01__scaled_600.jpg

2019-SDCC-Marvel-Legends167__scaled_600.jpg

2019-SDCC-Marvel-Legends168__scaled_600.jpg

2019-SDCC-Marvel-Legends14__scaled_600.jpg

So now we know from last week the next X-Force wave of figures to be released at the end of this year or early next year will include X-Force Warparth, X-Force Sunspot and Deadpool in blue X-Men outfit, with X-Factor Strong Guy being the Build-A-Figure for the wave. That leaves at least 3 more figures to be included in the wave, possibly four (For the sake of speculation in this article we are going to assume this will only be a 6 figure wave as opposed to 7.)

IMG_8759__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_8749__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_8770__scaled_600.jpg

2019-SDCC-Marvel-Legends14__scaled_600.jpg

So could Hasbro give us both an X-Force Feral and X-Factor Wolfsbane in this next wave which would technically allow folks to round out those original team members for both teams, and if so what would the remaining figure be?

magma-xmen-2__scaled_600.jpg

Wolfsbane__scaled_600.jpg

Sunspot while technically not an original member of X-Force was a founding member of the New Mutants, which is the team that eventually became X-Force. He was there up until the end of New Mutants and soon returned to the ranks of X-Force during the Rob Liefeld era.

IMG_1150__scaled_600.jpg

So in keeping with that, another member that would almost be icing on top the cake for X-Force fans is Siryn. Like with Sunspot, technically not an original X-Force member, the daughter of long-time X-Men member Banshee joined up with Cable and his team soon after issue #1 and was a long-time fixture to the team.

Siryn-Marvel-X-Force-Cassidy-here__scaled_600.jpg

Another possibility is the character known as Rictor. He and Boom Boom started out hanging with the original X-Factor team when it consisted of the original X-Men, and then they made their way to the New Mutants. Rictor left the team right before they became X-Force but soon returned.

Rictor__scaled_600.jpg

In all honesty it's hard to believe Hasbro would load up one wave with so many in-demanded characters, in fact it would probably be more likely if Hasbro found a way to give us 3 more Deadpool figures, but we can always hope, right?

What three/four figures would you want to see round out the next X-Force wave? Let us know below in the COMMENTS SECTION.

01.jpg

If it wasn't for Sunspot, all we would have needed was Feral and 90's Domino. Damn it hasbro.

I doubt hasbro would release a Wolfsbane so soon after the Walgreens version. If anything they seem to think that that one is good enough for the X-factor team.

I also highly doubt that if they did any of the 2 werewolf, then one of them won't be done. For example if they did Feral, good chance that Wolfsbane won't be in the same wave (maybe a later wave).

I think Siren works best as the second Female with her "relationship" with Deadpool and this being marketed as a DP wave rather then a X-force wave.

If I had to pick only 6 for this wave I would go, including the ones we know

• DP
  • Sunspot
  • Warpath
  • Siren (X-Force)
  • Feral (X-force)
  • Toad
  • BAF Strong Guy

I think it would be amazing to round out the remainder of X-Factor. Already as it stands, I have Forge and Quicksilver. I still have yet to get Multiple Man then to wait for the BAF and the Polaris/Havok two pack. Hopefully Wolvsbane get made but at the same time, I want to finish out X-Force as I have Cable, Boom Boom, Cannon all and Domino. Still yet to get Shatterstar though. 

So it's tough which of the ware wolves we'll get. But more than likely, we'll get yet another Wolverine shoehorn into the wave as the most disappointing thing about Wolverine and Deadpool is they have so many variations that they are always going to thrown one, if not both, into each wave. Next thing you know they'll throw in Wolverine in his outfit without the mask blues sleeves with the yellow center (think Morph's outfit from the animated series) then next thing you know, Hasbro will either try to release an x-men set (sdcc maybe) of the rest of the X-Men in those uniforms like Gambit (where he didn't have the overcoat) Jubilee and others. Either that or they'd do it going The Avengers route like in Endgame where they released the Hawkeye/Widow two pack with extra heads. 

32 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

I really hope not.  We need some bad guys for the wave, yo.  Gideon would be a great fit.  So too would be some members of the Nasty Boys or the MLF.

I was going to say exactly this, we need more villains, the X-Men baddies are lacking as of current, Hasbro needs to focus on giving us some more (and not just in the X realm, over all ML) 

I could definitely see Black Tom, Pyro, Avalanche and A Gideon showing up in a X-Force wave , I wish we'd see some of those strange picks like Killspree, Slayback or Krule personally

Am super grateful that the ML team has been knocking out 90s rosters, but I really do not want to settle for the modern Domino to fill this X-Force team. It's so bleh compared to her 90s looks, imo.

Would be down for Hasbro to finally take a crack at Pyro, Toad, Avalanche as well. Like the Blob baf but he could definitely use a redo with updated tooling.

I would seriously love this - the Mutant Genesis era was my era of comics so these are my teams as I want to have them in plastic form - but I can't see it happening. As others have said, no villains at would seem to be an odd choice from what we expect, likewise the relatively low level of cornerstone characters. I could have seen them both coming out as one of those 'swap' figures they used to do a few years back (Maidens of Might Scarlet Witch/Captain Marvel, Avenging Allies Sentry/Machine man) so as to 'hide' from store buyers and the general public that there were two female characters that would boil down to largely the same traits (cat, dog - they're both furry) while still getting them out there to us collectors, but that sort of approach seems to have been gone for the past several years so I'd be surprised to see it come back. That said, I would be absolutely thrilled for it include either or both, plus Siryn and Rictor, but I just don't think I've got that sort of luck...

Complete both X-Factor and X-Force? They’d never be that nice. It really does kind of depend on whether this is technically an X-Force, X-Men or Deadpool wave. If it’s the latter, we may get either Wolvsbane or Feral, then another DP variation and another related DP character. I’m still wanting Pyro, Toad and Avalanche over anything else. Ooh and a new Blob.

It's a Deadpool wave. I do think another Deadpool and at least one other villain or anti-hero character is likely. I think Maverick, Marrow, Black Tom, or a similar character is a safe bet. What about Colossus? He's the last character we need for the 90s Jim Lee era X-Men, and he's been a fixture of both Deadpool movies. I realize a lot of people are satisfied with the two-pack version, but that's definitely the 70s version and not quite right for the 90s gold team. To fully complete the X-Men, X-Force, and X-Factor of that era we really need Colossus, Domino, Feral, Quicksilver (no briefs version), Rictor, Siryn, and Wolfsbane. Then on to Excalibur!

I agree that Feral will most definitely be done before X-Factor Wolfsbane, just for the fact tha Wolfsbane will have just been done, but for everyone who's saying Hasbro will consider the Walgreens Wolfsbane "good enough", that's just asinine. If you agree that Feral will be done (and I think we all do), then we know it will be done on a new and unique buck that could easily serve as a base for a Wolfsbane as well. To think Hasbro would not use any excuse to reuse any buck, especially a pretty specific buck, to make as many characters as they can with that buck are not thinking logically or economically.

As far as them rounding out the team in one wave? No way. There will most likely be at least one more Deadpool (whether it's being considered an X-Force or DP wave). I seriously doubt they'll mix DP with Wolverine since they've both proved to be able to be the anchor character in their own waves after the very first X-Wave. I would say they'll probably stretch the remaining characters, including Siryn and Rictor through at least one more wave (Wolverine's wave) or even two as next year seems like it might be short on MCU representation.

Also, Forge was never an official member of the Government sanctioned team, I think @JayC just got a little confused between him and Quicksilver who we already have since he never got a color coordinated team suit cuz......they never asked him if he wanted one (lol, Peter David was so damn good back then). Forge ended up with X-Men Gold Team, the team Jim Lee used his clout to hand pick for his buddy Whilce Portacio shortly before they abandoned Marvel and left them and the fans on their ass. Oh, and then pretty much cloned and designed every one of their "original" characters after Marvel characters.

I also share the same sentiment as most everyone else. Where's all the damn love for Excalibur? Maybe, just maybe Hasbro will blow our minds one more time before year's end and announce an Excalibur box set. There are only 5 of them, after all. Six if you count Lockheed but I would hope to get a better, maybe slightly articulated version of him rather than the same static sitting pose that came with Kitty Pryde and Majik.

WAIT...Forge was a body Gaurd for Charles Xaviar BEFORE he was with X-factor (wasn't he the leader of X-factor at one time?)  To my recollection. He and Banshee served  as "support staff" to the Blue and Gold teams for a bit but Sean left to pursue Moira while Forge left to lead X-factor.

I also hold a small grudge against Jim Lee for bailing out on Marvel at the height of X-mania! I would have loved to have seen what would have come from him staying . the "Things to come"  image from X-men #1 showed a lot of promise!

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

I also share the same sentiment as most everyone else. Where's all the damn love for Excalibur? Maybe, just maybe Hasbro will blow our minds one more time before year's end and announce an Excalibur box set. There are only 5 of them, after all. Six if you count Lockheed but I would hope to get a better, maybe slightly articulated version of him rather than the same static sitting pose that came with Kitty Prude and Majik.

Well we have the London MCM coming at the end of the month, so fingers crossed

I would be very happy to see Feral get a look in for this wave. We've seen a few great 90's x-characters recently. 
With the Blue and Gold teams complete, it would be fun to see X-Factor & X-Force rounded out.
If they follow up with Excalibur, I'll be a very happy man.
And does anyone think the new Mr Fantastic hands have a Gen X Skin look to them?

I think the Alpha Flight box set says that they are definitely capable of surprises. I remember there was a thread discussing which members of AF we should get first. The whole team at once was a bit of a surprise. Good on them for being bold. It is very possible they could finish the wave.

I don't think they will because I am not sure the part of the collecting community that wants to complete the 90's teams is large enough to justify a bunch somewhat obscure characters.

I know some of the old costumes make periodic returns in the comics. If Feral or Wolfsbane appear in their "iconic 90's" looks in recent issues of the comics, that would support their inclusion in the lineup.

1 hour ago, Chunkylover said:

I think the Alpha Flight box set says that they are definitely capable of surprises. I remember there was a thread discussing which members of AF we should get first. The whole team at once was a bit of a surprise. Good on them for being bold. It is very possible they could finish the wave.

I don't think they will because I am not sure the part of the collecting community that wants to complete the 90's teams is large enough to justify a bunch somewhat obscure characters.

Rock Python and Skullbuster say hello

18 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

I really don't know what's going on in comics these days. So they haven't been active in the comics of late? Checkmate, good sir.

Being in comics has no relevance on a character's inclusion (it helps) both characters are constant scene-fillers of their respective  teams with a lot more prominent members they could have picked. Since they turned up, being obscure is not a valid reason as to a character not having a toy, look at Citiven V's reveal reaction.