She-Hulk, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel Heading For The Big Screen As Well As The Small One

JayC

Last Week we told you how the new WandaVision and Loki shows that will soon be airing on the Disney+ streaming service will tie-in directly with the upcoming MCU Doctor Strange: In The Multiverse Of Madness movie. Well now it seems they aren't the only characters that will make the jump from small screen to the big one. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige via THR has now confirmed that Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Moon Knight who are each getting their own shows on Disney+ will also be making their way to the big screen at some point.

Feige is currently developing shows based around Ms. Marvel — the studio's first Muslim hero — as well as She-Hulk and Moon Knight. All three will appear on the big screen after their Disney+ debuts, the exec confirms.

If you haven't gotten it by now, Disney is taking steps to strongly motivate fans of the MCU to sign up for the new streaming service which goes live tomorrow. We are seeing for the first time Marvel shows airing on the small screen will now be providing intricate pieces to the overall MCU puzzle. This is a strategy that has worked very well for them with the films motivating fans to see not just the movies with the major Marvel hitters but to also go see those that feature the lesser-known ones.

It remains to be seen if that same strategy will work with the streaming service or if it will back fire and just end up causing confusion and less interest for those who are only willing to go to the theaters to see these stories play out.

MCU-She-Hulk-Moon-Knight-Ms-Marvel.jpg

49 minutes ago, mako said:

That shouldn't be an issue. Unlike Agents of SHIELD, the Netflix shows, etc. all the forthcoming series are being done by the same guys who DO the movies. I can only assume that'll make for a more concrete link.

Changing the subject slightly:

Don't mind saying, I still get kinda antsy when they refer to Ms. Marvel as "Marvel's first MUSLIM superhero." I just keep flashing back to a routine Rachel Feinstein did about a backwoods comedy club manager who kept referring to her as "His first Jew."

I think the point being if you don't follow or watch the Disney+ shows, will it make it hard to follow whats going on in the movies because you missed key things from the TV shows. Because the things in Agents of Shield never actually had any impact on the movies, if you never watched an episode of Shield it would have no effect on your enjoying or following the stories in the movies. With that more concrete link as you say, which I agree there will be, it may be much harder to follow the movies if you haven't seen the Disney+ stuff.

I was thinking this would for sure be the direction, the new shows of course will all tie into the movies with these new characters, they are intergral for the new phases going forward so none of this seems like a surprise, and of course I'd go with the notion you all are that the shows will introduce and establish these characters so that we can be informed and interested prior to their big screen appearances, I'm very excited to see how all of this is going to go with the Disney+ shows and the movies going forward it seems a tiny bit risky, I'm worried the MCU could see its downfall potentially with people feeling alienated who don't watch the shows and only go to the big screen, plus with so many characters people who are only wayside fans have no real interest in, it's going to be interesting to see how all of this works out for the future of MCU

7 hours ago, mako said:

I think you have to do the origin story. That goes double if you plan on making sweeping changes to established characters like the MCU/Sony did with Spider-Man. If you don't know how your character got where they are, how are you supposed to care?

Agree...what I'm saying is sometimes they prolong the origin story or unnecessarily redo it in the movies (Spider-Man - Andrew Garfield)...compared to the Spider-Man homecoming which was handled really well...lets wait and see how all thing fit in

9 hours ago, mako said:

I think you have to do the origin story. That goes double if you plan on making sweeping changes to established characters like the MCU/Sony did with Spider-Man. If you don't know how your character got where they are, how are you supposed to care?

It depends on the character, Spider-man doesn't need his origin told over and over again, because everyone knows it same with Batman and Superman. There are only a certain number of times we need to see Uncle Ben or Bruce's parents getting killed

3 minutes ago, mako said:

If everyone told the story in the same way, you'd be right . . . maybe. But look at everything that's changed with the MCU's Spider-Man. How did he end up with Aunt Hottie and Uncle Ben? How did he get his powers? How did he learn to use his powers? How did he get his Web-Spinners? What put him on Stark's radar? What happened to Uncle Ben? How did he get into Genius School?

I get it, detailed storytelling went out with the MTV generation, and even if it hadn't, we're dealing with a company that considers the Big Thorbowski storytelling. Unfortunately, I need more than just "This is Spider-Man, he's strong and sticks to stuff. Now let's go to Venice and save the world."

I get your point. But the basics would probably be the same, Peter gets bitten by a spider, gets powers and then Uncle Ben dies and Peter becomes a hero. Still some more details would be nice, especially as the MCU so far have larger avoided even mentioning Uncle Ben

1 minute ago, mako said:

Exactly! Even the Hulk movie gave us an origin montage. Still, Spidey was a different animal altogether. I still wonder if one the stipulations for the House of Mouse getting to use him at all was that Sony would get to do the origin themselves.

As long as it's not based on Chapter One

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one to think this is a good thing. You actually want to get MORE Marvel characters on the screen, do it. Now that all the stars have aligned between all the franchises it's time to consolidate the universes. As big a fan I am with DC putting out as many of their characters on the big and small screens as possible, I'm not a big fan of their ridiculous separate universes. If Marvel can successfully tie everything in and avoid a similar clusterfook then they can open the floodgates and have all the characters interact with each other like most of us fanboys are drooling for. I don't understand how you cannot like this. Sure, I know a lot of people are nervous about how they're gonna tie everything together with a nice little bow, but I think Feige has been pretty much up to the task at this point. If this Eternals thing work out, I'm guessing they are gonna leave it kinda open ended where just about anything can pop into the MCU without need for much retcon. I'm halfway certain the reason Doctor Strange has been delayed is to get this whole multiverse thing pulled together as well. I'm far more worried about the former Star Wars dynasty than the MCU. I don't think even Feige has the ability to get that thing off life support. Righting a sinking ship is much harder than staying course with a sailing ship.