Square Enix Delays Marvel's Avengers Video Game Until September 4, 2020

JayC

Square Enix has moved the release date of their Marvel's Avengers game from May 15, 2020 to September 4, 2020.

Marvel’s Avengers is a story-driven, third-person action-adventure game. Players reassemble and rebuild their Avengers roster in an original, cinematic single-player campaign, then battle solo or online alongside friends in new missions around the globe. Customize Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and then harness their unique powers to defend the world from escalating threats for years to come. Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Stadia, and PC.

Kamala_BusDepot_Final 1.jpg

Kamala_DHC_Final 1.jpg

Kamala_Fists_Embiggen_Final 1.jpg

Kamala_RoadTrip_Final 1.jpg

Marvel_s_Avengers_AIM 1.jpg

Marvel_s_Avengers_Captain_America 1.jpg

Marvel_s_Avengers_Hulk 1.jpg

Marvel_s_Avengers_Iron_Man 1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Mark your calendars for our second Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE, & to play as Earth’s Mightiest Heroes during our August BETA Weekends! Tune in on July 29 for an extensive look at BETA content, and perhaps a surprise…or two?

Crystal Dynamics has announced the beta dates for Marvel's Avengers:
-August 7 - PlayStation preorder beta access begins
-August 14 - Xbox and PC Preorder beta access begins, PlayStation open beta also begins
-August 21 - Open beta across all platforms begins

Avengers-BETA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Marvel and Square Enix today released some new game trailers for the upcoming Avenger video game. One of the videos teases Hawkeye being in the game. Check out all the new videos below.

Marvel’s Avengers BETA weekends kick off in August! Save innocent citizens on A-Day, put the Avengers to the test in HARM Challenge Rooms, clear out War Zones with friends, and more.

Well at least Hawkeye looks decent. I really can’t wait to play this game 

wonder if Hasbro would consider a 3rd wave of Avengers Gamerverse figures. I know AntMan had been teased as well. Hawkeye and AntMan would be a decent anchor for a wave

If the wave includes more classic Avengers or villains I’d be all in

16 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

It's  funny that Ms. Marvel character I'm least interested in has the best costume/3d character model and Hulk look pretty good too, others seem to look weird to me, like off brand versions.

Yes they do. At least the Spidey PS4 game had the decency to mix their off brand designs with the option of choosing classic or movie skins

even the “classic” skins in this Avengers game have the developers “tweak” which results in, like you said, looking off...

i don’t believe they have released any pics of true classic or movie skins but I’m praying they give them to us. Nobody wants to play a cosplay Avengers game 

Spider-Man joins the game on PS.

It was announced by Playstation today that Spider-Man will be joining the roster with Ms. Marvel, Captain America, he will be available at no additional cost to owners of the base game, exclusively on PlayStation. He will be available at no additional cost to owners of the base game, exclusively on PlayStation. Look for the game to be available on PS4 on September 4, 2020 and also on PS5 by the holiday!

00-SpiderMan_Avengers-Video-Game.jpg

Nice. Also read that it is a completely different version than the Insomniac version, which makes sense but I know there were rumors that this Avengers game is in the same universe as the Insomniac Spidey so I have read people speculating that it would be the same Spidey. 

Would have been cool to have Insomniac and Crystal Dynamics arrange a deal ala Disney and Sony to use same suit/ actor

So not Legends related but I’ve logged roughly 7 hours on this game through the Beta that began yesterday. 

First impressions: it’s a lot of fun. Each playable Avenger feels different and each brings something new to the table. The levels that I was allowed to play do get repetitive but that is ok as I am trying to learn the ins and outs of each Avengers powers.  If the entire game is like this I can see grinding really becoming a chore but the first hands on is pretty cool to get to be each iconic hero. Impressions of each:

Black Widow: might be the best combatant in the game, seems a little too overpowered, you will see when you play. Fast and does a lot of damage

Iron Man: at first I was a little underwhelmed, but once I was able to upgrade the armor he was a blast to play

Thor: the mechanics of the hammer are the highlight for sure.. only get to play as him briefly but so much fun

Hulk: any one have the old Ultimate Destruction game? The Hulk in this game reminds me of that and that is a great thing

Captain America: not enough time with him, as he is “killed” and you never ever play as him again.. worst kept secret that Cap will somehow survive since Justice League “surprised” us that Superman was in the movie

Ms Marvel:  I know very little about her but her powers are a blast. Surprisingly fun character

The story is chopped up by design as you don’t get full levels but it seems like it will be an overall awesome game

the biggest worry I had were the ugly AF costumes. The one that can be previewed are pretty much different colors of the same skin which isn’t great, there are a few surprises which I won’t spoil but I can say they aren’t classic comic or MCU but they will make a lot of people happy. Well at least for Iron Man.

for those on the fence, give it a try. The simple combat scheme , great graphics, solid story all seem to be in place.