Get Your First Look Inside Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey And Emma Frost

JayC

The series of monthly essential X-Men tales written by Jonathan Hickman and specifically designed to showcase some of Marvel’s best artists is almost here! First up is Russell Dauterman, known for his incredible work on titles like MIGHTY THOR and WAR OF THE REALMS. Dauterman also happens to be an avid X-Men fan, and in preparation for his GIANT-SIZE X-MEN debut, Marvel.com spoke to the superstar artist about how it felt getting into the minds of some of his favorite characters!

“The X-Men have been a nearly lifelong love of mine. They're the reason I started reading comics and a big part of why I wanted to be a comic book artist. So drawing this book is a dream come true,” Dauterman said. “I'm so thrilled to be working on this with Jonathan and Matt. I'm a huge fan of how Jonathan and his collaborators have revitalized the X-Men. I'm very happy to be involved.”

Retailers, don’t forget to order your copies of this monumental issue by Monday, February 3rd!

GIANT SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY AND EMMA FROST #1 (DEC190780)
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Art and Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
Colors by MATT WILSON

gsxmenjgemma2020001_cover.jpg

xmengsjgemma2020001001.jpg

xmengsjgemma2020001002.jpg

xmengsjgemma2020001003.jpg

The biggest take-away from the interview is probably that not only they used the Marvel Style to write the series, but they went to the extent of asking Dauterman which characters he wanted to draw, and then Hickman built a plot around them that worked with his plans for the X-Men. I know this book was announced being on service of the artist, but I didn't expect it'd be to this level, which is awesome.