Marvel Legends Avengers Video Game Wave Abomination Build-A-Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Abomination Build-A-Figure from Hasbro. You can purchase the wave with this figure from our sponsor Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Abomination-01.JPG

Abomination-02.JPG

Abomination-03.JPG

Abomination-04.JPG

Abomination-05.JPG

Abomination-06.JPG

Abomination-07.JPG

Abomination-08.JPG

Abomination-09.JPG

Abomination-10.JPG

Abomination-11.JPG

Abomination-12.JPG

Abomination-13.JPG

Abomination-14.JPG

He looks really cool!!! Sad to say I'm passing on this wave because budget and personal limits about only getting MCU figures... but I may end up looking for that Abomination alone. Since we're unlikely to get an MCU figure from it and this looks way better than the design they used for the movie, I could use it as a stand in. It looks "realistic" enough for me.

Ah it so hard to say really how I feel about this figure, since I saw it initially I said I don't want this... it's a video game based abomination, so why would I build this, I still majority feel that way, but this figure definitely has some flavor to it, the claws and feet and height, I hate the face really, I still think I'm going to pass, I don't want to buy this entire wave (only Mar-Vell, Leader, Mach-1..maybe Rage), I don't really need this BAF I need restrain, I am content with my current Abomination (Raft Set Version) so I'm still passing, but the more I look at this the harder it gets..

51 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ah it so hard to say really how I feel about this figure, since I saw it initially I said I don't want this... it's a video game based abomination, so why would I build this, I still majority feel that way, but this figure definitely has some flavor to it, the claws and feet and height, I hate the face really, I still think I'm going to pass, I don't want to buy this entire wave (only Mar-Vell, Leader, Mach-1..maybe Rage), I don't really need this BAF I need restrain, I am content with my current Abomination (Raft Set Version) so I'm still passing, but the more I look at this the harder it gets..

Look away and resist!!

Interesting take on Abomination. The figure seems well done and love his size. Shows that other Hulk size characters can make it as “free” BAFS.

The head sculpt.. kinda reminds me of that terrible Lizard design from the Amazing Spider-Man movie. Seems off.. as of now, not a fan but will make final judgment once in hand

Am I the only one seeing a more realistically shaded Batman foe Killer Croc here?

I agree that larger scale BAFs like this are a good thing, and I don't hate this per se - quite the reverse:  detail, articulation and execution are all exemplary - but.... Abomination again? And a very generic iteration, too. The previous comic based Abomination (and the lightly retouched Raft boxset version) have way more character. 

I guess there's always a gap between seeing new figures at a Con or online, and having it in the flesh. The Black Widow Wave, for instance, looked horrible. Then you buy it, and you see that up close, the MCU figures are excellent. Well, Red Guardian isn't: he stinks. But the all-new sculpts, attention to detail and paintwork on Black Widow, Taskmaster and White Widow are superb. These must be an absolute gift for MCU fans. Movie figures aren't my thing, but it would just be churlish to say anything other than, "Great work, Hasbro!" They put the effort in here, and the outcome is good. Turns out that even the (comic) Winter Soldier and odd VERSION of BAF Dynamo are both really rather good too....

So, I may change my opinion on the BAF, but the rest of the line-up is pretty rotten. Cap & Iron Man really are a waste of space. Ms Marvel is a missed/wasted opportunity and all four of the new comic characters - Rage, Mach 1, Leader and Captain Marvel (I) - just look bad, and whilst I can't fault Hasbro's decision to do these z-list guys (I've been praying for more Thunderbolts for years) I can fault the dullness and poor execution of each. 

IMG_20200417_135624.jpg

In hand this is a great figure. The articulation is tight, great detail and man he is large. 

Im reacting to the engineering of this figure. Design wise I still feel there is something off about him. 

But I’ll keep him, if for nothing else he is an imposing monster. I have the DC Killer Croc and as mentioned above so I guess I also have a cartoon version of Abomination..

not sure how the Avengers waves become the “obscure” character dumping ground ( Rock Python, Rage, etc) but I kinda love it. I keep saying it but if these guys can get a Legend then some of my obscure other Avengers have a chance

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

In hand this is a great figure. The articulation is tight, great detail and man he is large. 

Im reacting to the engineering of this figure. Design wise I still feel there is something off about him. 

But I’ll keep him, if for nothing else he is an imposing monster. I have the DC Killer Croc and as mentioned above so I guess I also have a cartoon version of Abomination..

not sure how the Avengers waves become the “obscure” character dumping ground ( Rock Python, Rage, etc) but I kinda love it. I keep saying it but if these guys can get a Legend then some of my obscure other Avengers have a chance

I agree I love it!! Hoping for MANTIS and Swordsman sometime soon. Heck I'll even take Moondragon and Jack of Hearts!!