Spider-Man Retro Marvel Legends 6" Armored Daredevil Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Spider-Man Retro Marvel Legends 6" Armored Daredevil figure from Hasbro. You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-11.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-12.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-13.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-14.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Retro-Armored-Daredevil-15.JPG

I have always loved the look of this costume, admittedly I did not care for the comic it appeared in.  I think my real joy in this look is getting the old Toy Biz 5” version of this costume from the Marvel Super Heroes line. This guy and a proper US Agent and my wish list for retro Legends will be complete. 

This costume makes no sense but visually it’s fun and a big part of getting into collecting my favorite Marvel characters is plastic. Saw the Toy Biz version on the shelf and it just struck a cord with me. Can’t wait to get him....

It's a bit funny to hear erivera speculate that this figure got the short end of the budget stick when the red parts being sculpted shows that the figure has quite a lot of mold tooling to make it look properly armored. Hasbro took the extra step and didn't just paint them in. You can compare it to the 3.75" version of this costume. In this figure ther ed plating is just painted and that does look cheap.

This looks really good, I was always a fan of this look for DD and was anticipating a Legend, but oddly enough as much as I like this figure it's not a huge want for me, I don't feel extremely compelled to get it, I could go without it, I don't plan on rushing out to own it, but I mean if i saw it in the wild I probably couldn't say no, the Defenders pack DD is really my personal only must have DD figure, and I can be happy in the end with just owning that, it's also just that the rest of this wave has so much more integral figures like GG, Electro and Gwen, this one isn't as important to me

21 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

I am so jazzed for this one, I can't tell you.  He could have easily gone badly, but the decision to sculpt rather than just paint on the armor pieces made all the difference.  Love that metallic red!  I may have to repaint the grey pieces a metallic silver.

Home run, Hasbro.

Sculpting was indeed the way to go. I wasn't crazy about the outfit, and I agree that its run in the comics was often rendered in a messy style, but I knew it wasn't going to last and they'd go back to the classic red. Which they did. I imagined that this is an alternate outfit for him, so if he wears it now and again it wouldn't bother me.

But I'm so glad Hasbro took the time to really make this work. Its like Moon Knight's modern suit- which I never expected to see in action figure form- showing that when they take the time, they can really put out a great toy. This is why I get so frustrated with some of their output, because just a little bit of care goes a long way, and I know that they have the ability.

The sculpting, the metallic paint....yes!!