Marvel Legends Iceman Custom

Emnems80

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, JayC said:

Now bad, how did you make it?

Used some paint thinner with blue acrylic paint. Also bought another acrylic paint that was called either Ice or Glacier Blue. Used some white to look like some frost (also an overcoat that had some glitter in it). I might buy another Iceman and give it another try.

Yeah this is very nicely done, the depth of the paint deco is really rad with all of those layers, it does give off that solid ice look, Hasbro could really learn a thing about creating an ice look from you, Ice doesn't always have to be depicted as clear plastic... Ice man I don't recall ever looking see through like glass... he has internal organs. I mean the Retro figure was a step up in terms of the "ice" look compared to the previous simply clear Ice men figures.. anyways very nice *clapping*

On 8/5/2020 at 4:39 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah this is very nicely done, the depth of the paint deco is really rad with all of those layers, it does give off that solid ice look, Hasbro could really learn a thing about creating an ice look from you, Ice doesn't always have to be depicted as clear plastic... Ice man I don't recall ever looking see through like glass... he has internal organs. I mean the Retro figure was a step up in terms of the "ice" look compared to the previous simply clear Ice men figures.. anyways very nice *clapping*

Thank you! I'm hoping Hasbro releases a new improved classic Iceman. Heard rumors of a possible Spiderman and his Amazing Friends release. That would be a great opportunity for Hasbro to do it. Plus we all would get a coveted Firestar!

On 8/7/2020 at 10:14 PM, Gigantor said:

I've held out on getting retro Iceman due to that face/ head crack. Has Hasbro ever addressed that issue & maybe release a corrected apology head sculpt in a future retro X - wave. If not, hopefully they'll get it right with the rumoured Spiderfriends 3 pack.

When I got my first figure for my Jim Lee X-Men #1 display I didn't even notice the head crack. It wasn't until I read a lot of complaints and got a second figure (the crack was pretty bad on the second one) that I noticed it. I looked at my first one, and I semi lucked out, because the crack was perfectly centered so it kept the face symmetrical (and probably why I hadn't noticed it before).