ZDToys MCU Iron Man Mark III Armor Figure

JayC

The articulation seems to be an improvement from their MK 85 figure. The blast effects look amazing, and it's even got articulated flaps.

I'm glad ZD Toys is getting to make more Iron Man figures. The sculpt and paint quality of their MK 85 put Hasbro's version to shame, so hopefully some competition can stir Hasbro up to do better. If only they were in Marvel Legends scale.

ZDToys does some really good looking stuff (and some Meh stuff, but it keeps getting better), this here though is a really good looking MCU Iron Man

and for the prices ZDToys sell for they are really well priced for something that looks so good

It seems they're also working on a Hall of Armor display (x). With ZD Toy's accessible prices, I'm hopeful, but I'm also a bit annoyed not only that it took 7 years for us to get an affordable Hall of Armor display in quasi-ML scale, but also that it's not even coming from Hasbro. Hasbro really slept on this one.

spacer.png

Okay, so I found the source of the MK III news (adam_toyz on Instagram), and discovered some more good news.

The MK III will be released in July, with pre-orders on Tmall (a Chinese e-commerce platform) going live tomorrow. The figure should eventually make its way to AliExpress and (I assume) eBay, since ZD Toys' figures can also be found there.

Not only that, but they're also going to start selling Hall of Armor docks at the same time (separately for the time being). If you preorder seven ports at once, you will get the Hall of Armor centerpiece with light-up feature. No idea if that's going to apply once the product is released and/or in other selling platforms.

The price for each Hall of Armor port will be ¥138 (roughly US$19). Not sure what's going to be its price whenever it comes to AliExpress or eBay, but AliExpress always keeps a low price.

Honestly, I'm pumped. I've been waiting 10 years for an accessible way to make a Hall of Armor display. And in the end, it wasn't even Hasbro who delivered. And 20 dollars for each dock is a steal compared to Figuarts, who sold each of their docks for over 90 dollars.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

ZDToys does some really good looking stuff (and some Meh stuff, but it keeps getting better), this here though is a really good looking MCU Iron Man

and for the prices ZDToys sell for they are really well priced for something that looks so good

Yes, they're very good with mechanical figures and figures with masks. Where they are lacking are in the likenesses of the movie based head sculpts. If they ever get some type of photo tech they'll force Hasbro to up their game. Another place they are weak in is scale. They seem to be all over the place even more than Hasbro. As far as IM figures they are a bit on the large size but they do scale well as it's a guy in a big suit of armor. I wish they would do their version of comic Iron Patriot or Silver Centurion, but I think they stick strictly to movie based figures. If they really wanted to light a fire they would do an Iron Man 2 Whiplash MKII as Hasbro's never even attempted one.

4 hours ago, ADour said:

Not only that, but they're also going to start selling Hall of Armor docks at the same time (separately for the time being). If you preorder seven ports at once, you will get the Hall of Armor centerpiece with light-up feature. No idea if that's going to apply once the product is released and/or in other selling platforms.

So they'll be doing a BAF of sorts. I'm all in for this idea. That's the kinda innovative brainstorming the guys at Hasbro should be doing. Please be sure to keep us updated when that goes live since you seem to have your finger on the pulse. This is the first time I've ever heard of this but it's a freaking awesome concept.