Marvel Legends Avengers Game Target Exclusive Gamerverse Starboost Armor Iron Man Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Avengers Game Target Exclusive Gamerverse Starboost Armor Iron Man figure from Hasbro.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Starboost-Iron-Man-01.JPG

Starboost-Iron-Man-02.JPG

Starboost-Iron-Man-03.JPG

Starboost-Iron-Man-04.JPG

Starboost-Iron-Man-05.JPG

Starboost-Iron-Man-06.JPG

Starboost-Iron-Man-07.JPG

Starboost-Iron-Man-08.JPG

Starboost-Iron-Man-09.JPG

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

More bad game designs incoming

spacer.png

They are designs to go straight to Play Arts figures, in Legends they may look like rubber erasers like this figure. Maybe this time Hasbro finally will understand we are tired of non-sense ironman armours? 

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Their take on the Hot Toys Iron Man starboost armor? I like it. Agree though that the white plastic looks "toyish".

im sbb.jpg

That Starboost Armor on the right originated in the MCU and it appeared briefly in Iron Man 3 as part of the Iron Legion, but, in essence, yes. This figure is this game's take on the Starboost Armor from the MCU.

I guess it's kinda cool, but poorly executed, I feel the same as a lot of you guys do, this looks too "kiddish/toyish" the white really brings it down, overall aesthetic feels very cheap and "basic series", the design does have some promise (maybe in real life this figure will look better), I myself feel this to be an easy pass, the gamerverse is not doing it for me (maybe if we saw a GV Black Cat hmm), Always glad to see a figure I don't feel stressed to hunt down

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 8:43 PM, Reno said:

I don't know if it's the color or what, but this looks super cheap to me. Anyone else think so?

I was thinking the same thing. It almost looks like it's made out of wax. If anyone else remembers, this is how several of the last few figures in the 3.75 line (MU) looked before it went completely kaput. I'm with the rest of the crowd, never really asked for it, don't really care. It's like Hasbro's been tone def to what we really want, especially in regards to Iron Man. Gamerverse IM, Iron Man 2020, that weird stealth suit IM, this......thing? Where the hell is Silver Centurion, Horn Rimmed IM, or even original Stealth Iron Man (seriously, just paint the 80th anniversary one black). These things are a total waste of time. The Iron Man well has been drawn on too many times and they haven't even hit the pay dirt yet.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I was thinking the same thing. It almost looks like it's made out of wax. If anyone else remembers, this is how several of the last few figures in the 3.75 line (MU) looked before it went completely kaput. I'm with the rest of the crowd, never really asked for it, don't really care. It's like Hasbro's been tone def to what we really want, especially in regards to Iron Man. Gamerverse IM, Iron Man 2020, that weird stealth suit IM, this......thing? Where the hell is Silver Centurion, Horn Rimmed IM, or even original Stealth Iron Man (seriously, just paint the 80th anniversary one black). These things are a total waste of time. The Iron Man well has been drawn on too many times and they haven't even hit the pay dirt yet.

They haven't been tone deaf when it comes to Iron Man. People including myself wanted Iron man 2020.

I'm still wondering if this is made on that new super-dense nylon, is it is it will be very durable but it won't look great

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

They haven't been tone deaf when it comes to Iron Man. People including myself wanted Iron man 2020.

I'm still wondering if this is made on that new super-dense nylon, is it is it will be very durable but it won't look great

I'm with you about IM 2020. I did not particularly want that version of IM, but I was very pleased with the figure and the way it was executed. I personally think there are several figures that can be done using this softer plastic add on method.

I'm only making my deductions about the people that actually wanted this figure based on the comments on this community and other online communities. I think it's not a false statement that many, many more people would have preferred Silver Centurion, Comic Stealth, Etc.

For me, it's more of a call back to the 3.75" scale Iron Man (not Marvel Legends) figures that Hasbro knocked out endlessly with Iron Man 2. I'm thinking that this thing may not even be in the game.

Some of the 3.75" IM figs were crimes against nature but every tenth, or fifteenth figure, they'd hit on a nice shape, colour and idea for a suit, and because they were using decent materials back then (and FIGURE STANDS! And little cards that you mounted beside the figure. And blast accessories etc. Imagine that in a £6.99/$10.00 figure) some of these were, and still are, kinda cool looking.

Quality/durability isn't bad here. It's nowhere near as bad as the ML MCU Iron Man or Iron Spider (Thanos BAF wave), but it's not up to, say, War Machine (Smart Hulk BAF wave) standards. 

And I kinda like it: it's 86,000,000 times better than the last Gamerverse Iron Man, and it's way better than it needs to be: Hasbro could have just slapped a coat of white & gun metal gray and a funky backpack on the last Gamerverse Iron Man and called it good and it still would have sold.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:53 AM, leokearon said:

spacer.png

one of the things that I find odd about the whole "Gamerverse" figure series is who is it really trying to appeal to?, I must presume it's mostly a promotion for the video games obviously, but why make them marvel legends and not something else?, I havn't heard of anyone who is actively collecting the gamerverse figures, also ulike MCU and Comic oriented legends, these currently hold no sentimental value to anyone, because nobody has played the game (spider-man excluded), but these avengers game figures seem to thrusted onto us, we have no connection to the looks, so it must be a "hasbro disney says make this, so we can tie in more money for this video game" , but I also wonder if 12-18 year olds who walk into gamestop, after sweating and finger cramping over the Spider-Man ps4 game, are gonna squeal with joy when they can grab a figure representing spidey's likeness from the game they just played....or is that a thing, it must be

but bet it.. Gamerverse is in full effect, I expect we won't see a decline in more video game centric figures from legends. we will see a huge up tick, now we can have MCU, Comic and Gamerverse collectors

also correct me if I'm wrong... do you want to collector gamerverse legends?

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

With this figure, Hasbro is simply riding on the Avengers game hype wave. Though it's not like there seems to be that much hype for this game to begin with.

Now that they've nailed the Classic Armor mold, it's sure Hasbro is going to be regularly pumping out Iron Man's retro suits. The 80 Years Iron Man barely came out last year, and this year we're already getting two reuses of this mold. Iron Man 2020 and War Machine. It wouldn't surprise me if the next mass figure announcement they make includes another one. Either of Silver Centurion, Proto-Classic, Neo-Classic or Stealth Armor are right around the corner.

I'm more annoyed for Hasbro's near-complete lack of consideration for modern Iron Man suits. I'm crossing my fingers we get a figure for this new Alex Ross-designed armor before Tony stops wearing it. It's almost as if Hasbro purposefully waits for a new armor to stop being topical to make a figure for it, as it's been the case for the three more prominent modern Iron Man suits.

17 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

one of the things that I find odd about the whole "Gamerverse" figure series is who is it really trying to appeal to?, I must presume it's mostly a promotion for the video games obviously, but why make them marvel legends and not something else?, I havn't heard of anyone who is actively collecting the gamerverse figures, so it must be a "hasbro disney says make this, so we can tie in more money for this video game" , but I also wonder if 12-18 year olds who walk into gamestop, after sweating and finger cramping over the Spider-Man ps4 game, are gonna squeal with joy when they can grab a figure representing spidey's likeness from the game they just played....or is that a thing, it must be

but bet it.. Gamerverse is in full effect, I expect we won't see a decline in more video game centric figures from legends. we will see a huge up tick, now we can have MCU, Comic and Gamerverse collectors

I have the feeling Disney somehow wants the Gamerverse Avengers to take the place in the general public's conscious of the MCU Avengers, now that they've put them to rest for the time being.

I mean, this game is getting the middle-grade basic figure treatment for some reason.

spacer.png

On 6/17/2020 at 2:53 AM, leokearon said:

spacer.png

As an Avengers ML collector I feel compelled to pick the Gamerverse versions up but... my god I don’t think Hasbro wants my money. I pre-ordered the game bundle to get that odd “Outback” Hulk. Will probably pick up the Starboost IM.. but those Stark Suits from the this screen shot are just depressing.

It’s like they are trying to alienate us before release. I really want this game to succeed but character designs and story elements that have leaked are making the chances of playing this more than a once through unlikely.

Does anyone remember those laughable Jungle Mission uniforms the team wore from Avengers: United We Stand? Probably not because I couldn’t even find a screen shot to remind you.. unfortunately the way this game is going I fear we will see those atrocities before we see classic comic or MCU versions.

i heard some time back that each character would have up to 30 skins but as of now I would enjoy playing as none. 

I am hoping game play and the eventual reveal of comic/MCU skins make this a great game but with each new reveal it looks less likely

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

one of the things that I find odd about the whole "Gamerverse" figure series is who is it really trying to appeal to?, I must presume it's mostly a promotion for the video games obviously, but why make them marvel legends and not something else?, I havn't heard of anyone who is actively collecting the gamerverse figures, also ulike MCU and Comic oriented legends, these currently hold no sentimental value to anyone, because nobody has played the game (spider-man excluded), but these avengers game figures seem to thrusted onto us, we have no connection to the looks, so it must be a "hasbro disney says make this, so we can tie in more money for this video game" , but I also wonder if 12-18 year olds who walk into gamestop, after sweating and finger cramping over the Spider-Man ps4 game, are gonna squeal with joy when they can grab a figure representing spidey's likeness from the game they just played....or is that a thing, it must be

also correct me if I'm wrong... do you want to collector gamerverse legends?

I can see why the would make them Marvel legends after all if is another part of the Marvel brand, they are trying to promote and not having Gamerverse figures in the main collector line would be strange. Also in the case of the Spidey figures it is a clever way of sneaking in some comic looks, but using the popularity of the game to help sell them.