Tamashii Feature 2020 Shows Us Whats Old Is New Again With S.H. Figuarts Avengers: Endgame Figures

JayC

This weekend Tamashii Nations is holding an event they are calling Tamashii Feature 2020. During the event they have shown off a number of new Avengers: Endgame S.H. Figuarts figures. While the figures look cool, they are all characters that have been previously released, only with additional accessories. This is something we've been seeing Tamashii Nations doing more and more. The moral of this story is, unless you have unlimited funds, you may want to hold off buying the first releases of their figures since they seem intent on doing better versions later on.

Shown is an updated Thanos that seems to have the ability to sit down. Honestly from these images I don't know what is different from the previously released version other than perhaps it will come with the pipe he is seen sitting on??

Dr. Strange is getting an update soft-goods cape with wire in it and some added magic effect pieces.

Warrior Thor is getting some added electricity effect pieces. No indication he is getting an alternate head with electric eyes.

Tamashii has also released official images for their Scarlet Witch with added chaos power eyes, repainted Mark VII armor Iron Man and their newest Iron Man Mark 85 which has been dubbed “I am Iron Man”. This one allows you to re-create the scene at the end of Endgame and features a display base and added arm cannons.

All cool looking figures, but IMO because of the high price of these, it's very annoying if you have already purchased the previous versions of these characters. Honestly I would rather just pay a little more for the additional accessories than having to buy the same figures over again.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Final Battle Thanos actually has updated armor with what appears to be weathering & more MCU accurate painting, a different blade weapon that is MCU accurate, a head w/o the helmet & a removeable helmet along with what appears to be a display piece for him to sit on. The Doctor Strange face likeness looks to be updated/improved from the previous SHF versions but not 100% sure (from just the 2 pics). I concur with your comments re: frustration with SHF's multiple releases of same character. 

• 4 weeks later...

Tamashii Nations has released official images for their "Final Battle" versions of the Avengers Engame Thanos and Warrior Thor figures. Both figures will see release in December 2020. This version of Thanos will come with mutliple hands, two headsculpts, removable helmet, bladed weapon and a large piece of pipe and rock he can sit on while he waits for the Avengers to arrive.

This version of Warrior Thor comes with multiple hands, two headsculpts. The second headsculpt has the electricity filled eyes. He also comes with Stormbreaker, Mjǫllnir, lightning effects for his body and for his hammer and a stand so it can look like he is shooting the lightning from his hammer. This figure also features a soft-goods cape that has wire in it for posing. Check out images for both below.

Endgame-Fat-Thor-V2-01.jpg

Endgame-Fat-Thor-V2-02.jpg

Endgame-Fat-Thor-V2-03.jpg

Endgame-Fat-Thor-V2-04.jpg

Endgame-Fat-Thor-V2-05.jpg

Endgame-Fat-Thor-V2-06.jpg

Endgame-Fat-Thor-V2-07.jpg

Endgane-Thanos-v2-01.jpg

Endgane-Thanos-v2-02.jpg

Endgane-Thanos-v2-03.jpg

Endgane-Thanos-v2-04.jpg

Endgane-Thanos-v2-05.jpg

Endgane-Thanos-v2-06.jpg

Endgane-Thanos-v2-07.jpg

Endgane-Thanos-v2-08.jpg

On 7/4/2020 at 6:40 PM, ADour said:

That Iron Man looks fantastic. It's tempting, but at the same time I try to look the other way when it comes to Figuarts due to their "only slightly smaller than ML" scale. Maybe I can hope Hasbro eventually does something similar to it.

I got a S.H. Figuarts Tony Stark some time  ago. Having it standing with Legends Iron Men figures he actually scales better than you’d think. If you take into account that a normal sized human would be smaller than the armor he fits in. 

The only other Figuarts figure I had was Ant-Man but since his size is relative he also fit in pretty nicely 

On 7/4/2020 at 6:37 PM, Bluecomet said:

Yes, I was surprised to see how good the head sculpt was...along with RDJ Iron man

I was thinking the actor likenesses were a little off, especially the women. They do look miles better than the first versions we got years ago. 

The Dr.Strange headsculpt on this new version stands out but is very close, and a vast improvement over the last one 

Yeaaaah....that close-up of Thor's head sculpt ain't doin' nuthin' to help sell this product. Seriously, I thought that's where SHF was supposed to excel over ML. Nope. Even without a (serious) ML version of Endgame Thor, there's nothing I see here to convince me to pay 4 times the price for this thing. I fully expect to see an ML version some time. I just hope we don't have to wait 10 more years again.

4 hours ago, McHogan said:

I got a S.H. Figuarts Tony Stark some time  ago. Having it standing with Legends Iron Men figures he actually scales better than you’d think. If you take into account that a normal sized human would be smaller than the armor he fits in. 

The only other Figuarts figure I had was Ant-Man but since his size is relative he also fit in pretty nicely 

The Tony Stark I've seen that it fits relatively well with Marvel Legends, but any armored figure looks pretty small based on comparison pics with Marvel Legends.

21 hours ago, ADour said:

The Tony Stark I've seen that it fits relatively well with Marvel Legends, but any armored figure looks pretty small based on comparison pics with Marvel Legends.

Agreed, and the SHF Tony Stark’s they’ve released don’t really look like they would fit in S.H. Figuarts armors.

scale is a tricky thing, what has worked best for my SHF stark figure is placing him in the foreground and the Legends armors behind him. This forced perspective hides the height difference and they appear to be the proper scale to one another