Natasha Romanoff Is The Black Widow No More In New Comic Book Series From Marvel

JayC

What happens when Black Widow’s deadliest enemies discover a way to take her out? Find out this September when Eisner-nominated writer Kelly Thompson (Captain Marvel) and rising star artist Elena Casagrande (Catwoman) take the Marvel Universe’s greatest spy on a heartbreaking thrill ride into uncharted territory. Natasha Romanoff's world is upended when the superspy Avenger finds herself trapped in a mystery that even she can’t solve. Your first clues about the mission that could mark the end of Black Widow await in this top-secret trailer!

“It’s a bold new vision for Black Widow and one I am really hoping people can get excited about,” Thompson told Marvel.com earlier this year. “Our first arc has some of the stuff you would expect in a Black Widow book, but I think twisted in a new way that’s interesting – and where she ends up at the end of this highly personal and life changing story is ALSO interesting!”

Discover all the secrets of Natasha Romanoff’s latest adventure when BLACK WIDOW #1, written by Kelly Thompson with art by Elena Casagrande and colors by Jordie Bellaire, goes on sale this September. Pre-order your copy today online or at your local comic shop! For more information, visit marvel.com.

Black-Widow-01.jpg

7 hours ago, ScottieACE said:

I have always been a BLACK WIDOW fan, but this sounds suspiciously like the plotline her last series? 

Practically all of Natasha's series sound the same, this one is different given it doesn't mention her trying to atone for her past

13 hours ago, leokearon said:

Practically all of Natasha's series sound the same, this one is different given it doesn't mention her trying to atone for her past

yeah this is one of my problems with Black Widow books, they kinda just re-hash things over and over, I mean the last Widow book I actually liked was Deadly Origins.. which seems like every book

On 8/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, ScottieACE said:

I have always been a BLACK WIDOW fan, but this sounds suspiciously like the plotline her last series? 

They have a great character they dont know what to do with. She ought to be seen as one of the deadliest fighters in the Marvel universe, ranking at or near Captain America, the Black Panther, Iron Fist and Elektra levels....and surpassing them all in sheer ruthlessness.  Instead she gets these whiney "redemption" story lines and lame-ass boyfriends like Hawkeye and Bucky. She was a spy and served her country just like Fury, Rogers and Rhodes served. She excelled at her job, and when she discovered they werent on the up-and-up, she left that service and came to SHIELD (America). You dont see Fury in every featured story moaning that he did "bad things".  Marvel needs to get off that nonsense.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

They have a great character they dont know what to do with. She ought to be seen as one of the deadliest fighters in the Marvel universe, ranking at or near Captain America, the Black Panther, Iron Fist and Elektra levels....and surpassing them all in sheer ruthlessness.  Instead she gets these whiney "redemption" story lines and lame-ass boyfriends like Hawkeye and Bucky. She was a spy and served her country just like Fury, Rogers and Rhodes served. She excelled at her job, and when she discovered they werent on the up-and-up, she left that service and came to SHIELD (America). You dont see Fury in every featured story moaning that he did "bad things".  Marvel needs to get off that nonsense.

But that;s Marvel and their lack of originality by rehashing the same old stories over and over and their double standards when it comes to the way their characters are treated