Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Kingpin Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man Retro Kingpin figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Retro-Kingpin-01.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-02.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-03.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-04.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-05.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-06.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-07.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-08.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-09.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-10.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-11.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-12.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-13.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-14.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-15.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-16.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-17.jpg

Retro-Kingpin-18.jpg

Very cool and my preferred look for Wilson Fisk. Although his pants could be a slightly lighter I think, just a preference, still an awesome figure.

Didnt know the jacket could be removed, well I guess I never thought to remove it, good to know! Wilson will need to remove his restrictive jacket to give DD and Spidey a proper beat down. Do the arms pop out easily or was the jacket removed in a different way?

I was lucky to find all the needed figures to build this guy when he was a BAF, I know many people struggled to complete him so this is great news for those who missed out

My dilemma (if you can call it that) is that I don’t feel the need for two Kingpins. Do I keep both? It would be a shame to get rid of the BAF version after the effort I put in to complete him but the newer version is so dang cool.. Guess I’ll answer that once I get this retro version in hand.. 

I just love the sheer size of this figure.. I know there have been complaints that he is too big but this is the size I think he is when ol’ Horn head or Spidey attempt to confront him physically.. just a mass of unstoppable humanity..

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Very cool and my preferred look for Wilson Fisk. Although his pants could be a slightly lighter I think, just a preference, still an awesome figure.

Didnt know the jacket could be removed, well I guess I never thought to remove it, good to know! Wilson will need to remove his restrictive jacket to give DD and Spidey a proper beat down. Do the arms pop out easily or was the jacket removed in a different way?

I was lucky to find all the needed figures to build this guy when he was a BAF, I know many people struggled to complete him so this is great news for those who missed out

My dilemma (if you can call it that) is that I don’t feel the need for two Kingpins. Do I keep both? It would be a shame to get rid of the BAF version after the effort I put in to complete him but the newer version is so dang cool.. Guess I’ll answer that once I get this retro version in hand.. 

The arms seem to come off easily as ShartimusPrime shows in his review.

Aslo I may have to get two of these, so I can have both Kingpin and Shadow King

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

You gotta do you, bro....but I'd say, Of COURSE keep both. If its really taking space you can always sell it as there are tons of people who'd love a Kingpin in good condition.

10 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I wish Hasbro had reversed the hand options on the retro version, that way if you have both, you could have him sporting 2 fists & or 2 open hands.

Aww yeah great idea!! Maybe for the all black suit version haha. Now that your idea is in my mind I can’t help but think this is a slight missed opportunity...😁

Hmmm, outside of Hulk, I can’t think of any others with “human” like hands that could be swapped out.. how good are you at painting? Maybe you could go that route... 

20 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

You gotta do you, bro....but I'd say, Of COURSE keep both. If its really taking space you can always sell it as there are tons of people who'd love a Kingpin in good condition.

Yeah..haha I kind of already made up my mind after I posted that thought that I’d probably be keeping both.. it wasn’t considerable effort to complete the BAF but it was a nice feeling of accomplishment. And the retro version is beautiful...  plus, space isn’t an issue. I’ve got plenty and the I could always set up two scenes of Kingpin vs Good Guy action..

On 8/17/2020 at 12:14 PM, leokearon said:

The arms seem to come off easily as ShartimusPrime shows in his review.

Aslo I may have to get two of these, so I can have both Kingpin and Shadow King

Some one somewhere (I know, very helpful) used symbiote hands with the Shadow King head on this body. If you decide to get two, those hands make that character look unbelievably cool. Not sure if Shadow King had sharp clawy hands but you could see where they were going with it.

ill do some digging, see if I can find that pic 

EDIT: whelp that was easy. First pic it found after googling it

Also, these retro cards are so much fun. I really love the aesthetic and instant nostalgia they bring. That Hulk AND Kingpin look amazing, as have really every figure on these card backs

well, I do love the look, not enough to keep any of them in the packaging haha, I have pretty much instantly ripped them open. Then I stare at that awesome packaging ripped to shreds and shrug. Nice feeling while it lasted 😂

25 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Aww yeah great idea!! Maybe for the all black suit version haha. Now that your idea is in my mind I can’t help but think this is a slight missed opportunity...😁

Hmmm, outside of Hulk, I can’t think of any others with “human” like hands that could be swapped out.. how good are you at painting? Maybe you could go that route... 

No other human ML figures with hands as big as Fisk's. So we're SOL there. That shoulda been a no brainer for Hasbro as it woulda gotten people on the fence bout getting him to bite. A simple paint re-deco simply isn't enough sometimes.

4 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Now I'm selling the old BAF! 

I thought about that very thing. I even priced some Kingpin BAFs on Ebay to gauge the market. I found I could probably sell my BAF and score enough to buy the Retro version and the Retro Mysterio with some change left over.

Or I could just keep the ones I have now and save myself some effort.

Jury's still out.

47 minutes ago, mako said:

I thought about that very thing. I even priced some Kingpin BAFs on Ebay to gauge the market. I found I could probably sell my BAF and score enough to buy the Retro version and the Retro Mysterio with some change left over.

Or I could just keep the ones I have now and save myself some effort.

Jury's still out.

Sold it for $80 WITHOUT the angry head. Can't find it anywhere!!

That will cover a few figures for me. 

13 hours ago, McHogan said:

Some one somewhere (I know, very helpful) used symbiote hands with the Shadow King head on this body. If you decide to get two, those hands make that character look unbelievably cool. Not sure if Shadow King had sharp clawy hands but you could see where they were going with it.

ill do some digging, see if I can find that pic 

EDIT: whelp that was easy. First pic it found after googling it

717E058D-1DE6-4F22-8C16-2364F373A3DB.jpeg

Yeah, shame I don't have any monster venom hands

I really didnt want anything from that Kingpin wave and only really wanted him for Shadow King. I wish this was without the scarf as I was hoping that I would bypass him not looking weird if I got him for Shadow King.. quite unfortunate. He looks really good tho. I also wasnt willing to shell out so much money for him on ebay. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
9 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I really didnt want anything from that Kingpin wave and only really wanted him for Shadow King. I wish this was without the scarf as I was hoping that I would bypass him not looking weird if I got him for Shadow King.. quite unfortunate. He looks really good tho. I also wasnt willing to shell out so much money for him on ebay. 

I believe the scarf is removable. 

8 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I was in the same boat, I didn't want any of the figures because I only collect X-men. However I was lucky enough to score the Wave at 50% off at Walmart here in Canada, so I couldn't say "No" to building Amahl Farouk.

So I got Night Thrasher, Black Cat, Puma and Silver Sable. Fortunately I didn't need Symbiote Spidey that contained the Kingpin heads. *phew*

Unfortunately that's where my luck ran out. Red Goblin has been a #$## to find. Plus this new Kingpin has purple pants 😪

I really want to care about this figure, I keep looking at reviews, the BAF never did anything for me, this still doesn't... I just don't have any interest in a big fat guy in a suit, sure he is an important character he just doesn't scream cool to me in any way looks wise, I feel fine that I have not a bit of woe in passing on this, Kingpin just doesn't look cool to me never did never will (As a Kid he was like the lamest lookin dude, cool character however). I gotta say though this version is the one, it must have been Hasbro's plan all along from the moment the started making that BAF that they would put this out, because that BAF is so much more Shadow King

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I really want to care about this figure, I keep looking at reviews, the BAF never did anything for me, this still doesn't... I just don't have any interest in a big fat guy in a suit, sure he is an important character he just doesn't scream cool to me in any way looks wise, I feel fine that I have not a bit of woe in passing on this, Kingpin just doesn't look cool to me never did never will (As a Kid he was like the lamest lookin dude, cool character however). I gotta say though this version is the one, it must have been Hasbro's plan all along from the moment the started making that BAF that they would put this out, because that BAF is so much more Shadow King

Hey man you do you. If you aint feelin it then, dont waste the money. From the comic, I never understood how he went up against Spider-Man without suffering a heart attack...he'd be all wheezing and shiv, out of breath, feebly trying to catch him, LOL. He's strong for a colossal lard-ass,  but not super-strong, and without super powers, he couldn't possibly realistically take on a guy who outclasses him in speed, stamina, and strength (all the times he did, that was crap writing...Spidey can press 10 tons. Game over, Fisk). But I give Marvel credit for moving KP over to Daredevil's rogue gallery instead, its a better fit. 

Not like you get points for anything worthwhile from the people on the forum if you get Kingpin. A lot of people like this Venom related wave but I can tell you, it does nothing for me. So dont worry about how good or bad anyone else says it is...its YOUR money to spend as you choose.