Marvel Select 7" Silver Centurion Iron Man From DST

JayC

A Diamond Select Toys release! Ol' Shellhead is back! Iron Man returns to the Marvel Select line wearing one of hisfan-favorite armors, the Silver Centurion armor of the1980s! Looking ready to fight in the Armor Wars or found the West Coast Avengers, Tony Stark's alter ego features16 points of articulation and multiple interchangeable parts.It comes packaged in display-ready Select action figure packaging, with side-panel artwork for shelf reference. Designed by Yuri Tming, sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios! You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Marvel-Select-Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-01.jpg

Marvel-Select-Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-02.jpg

Huh. Considering DST has only made two comic Iron Man figures (not counting Hulkbuster), there are other suits I'd rather they'd done first. But it'll still make a nice addition to my Select shelf.

The product description says it includes "Multiple interchangeable parts." At least one extra pair of hands and an alternate head, maybe?

6 hours ago, Benn said:

How is Diamond Select so bad at heads? I don't get it. This feels like it should've been an easy one too.

It is way too small- no way Tony's head can fit inside that tiny helmet...

Yeah, they've had some issues... the movie Captain Marvel figures had pretty awful head sculpts- they looked like some random person cosplaying Carol Danvers.

I like the extended shoulder pads on this guy better than Hasbro's. Helmet is small like many have stated. I'm sure they were pissed when they found out Hasbro was making one and releasing it first. That probably greatly effects their profits. They need to revised their implementation of their diaphragm joints, They usually severely lack good movement. The knees don't look to promising on this either.  

That is some bad luck on Selects part. I remember back in the day, theyd release new characters that Legends werent making and theyd fit right in like classic Thanos. They really should start doing that more, deep dive into some more unique characters that havent got a figure yet. Alot of the time Select is a very hit or miss for me. Their 7 in scale doesnt help either. This guy looks ok but that head looks so weirdly off and the aesthetics are just not really there. I enjoy more of what the Legends version brings that what this one has, at least judging from the one pic here. (the second is just a close up of the same pic)

I do prefer these shoulder pauldrons to Legends, but again the helmet looks wrong. Paint job looks better but if the articulation isn't there, I'm not that interested.

Seriously, why is it we don't pictures of these figures from all angles? I want to know if the backpack is accurate.

We added more images for the Marvel Select 7" Silver Centurion Iron Man coming from DST that we told you about yesterday. The new images give us looks at the accessories that includes a Tony Stark head, alternate head with eye lenses that are made to come out of the helmet from the comics, jet boot blast effects, Uni-Beam effect for the chest, standard repulsor effects and alternate blast effects that look to plug into a pair of fisted hands..

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-01.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-02.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-03.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-04.jpg

Silver-Centurion-Iron-Man-05.jpg

18 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I like the un helmeted head, has real 80s vibes, generally it's good looking figure but I'm not so sure about single jointed knees and elbows, but one thing is for sure MS will use real metallic paint which gonna look way more awesome on the shelf than Hasbro's molded plastic.

Hasbro did a good/okay job, could've done so very much better, and its just baffling how lazy they were about it. Select looks fantastic- but then you have the head/helmet issue and the single jointed knees/elbows. urgh….

3 hours ago, JayC said:

LOL, thats pretty much how he looked in the comics back then.

I know! That makes it even better. Now they should make another figure with the armor from the cartoon.

Wish the hair had some blue wash or something. Guess I'll make it myself