Xochitl Gomez Joins Benedict Cumberbatch For Marvel's 'Doctor Strange 2'

Outsiders

Deadline is reporting that The Baby-Sitters Club's Xochitl Gomez has joined the cast of Marvel's Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

The second installment has Benedict Cumberbatch returning to reprise the title role with Sam Raimi taking over directing duties.

Expected to return to reprise their roles from the original film are Benedict Wong and Chiwetel Ejiofor as fellow sorcerer Wong and Strange’s compatriot-turned-nemesis Karl Mordo.  Elizabeth Olsen has been tapped to reprise her role as Scarlet Witch, aka Wanda Maximoff, for a storyline that Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has said will link up with her Disney Plus series WandaVision that debuts in December.

Marvel had no comment and the storyline and Gomez's character are unknown at this time.

Xochitl_Gomez.jpg

2 hours ago, DrewK said:

I'm picturing her as Zelma Stanton (Dr. Strange's librarian) from one of the recent volumes.

Good Call! , I actually see this as well, and a quality speculation on who she could be playing, Zelma seems fitting.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

All I know is the idea that she's playing America Chavez is reportedly driving the SJW's bat-shyte, so I'm all for it. Unlike the obsessive, obligatory, permanently offended ones, I fail to see the problem with it. 

Why would they make her America Chavez? That series was canceled and has relatively no following.  And why would it make SJW bat-shiet cause they aren't white-washing lol? My money is on Nico as she is the most likable and I think would would be a fun way to spice up the marvel world. A little Emotional emo chick that become the new sorcerer supreme..

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Why would they make her America Chavez? That series was canceled and has relatively no following.  And why would it make SJW bat-shiet cause they aren't white-washing lol? My money is on Nico as she is the most likable and I think would would be a fun way to spice up the marvel world. A little Emotional emo chick that become the new sorcerer supreme..

Hey, I'm not saying I'm not down for whatever part she's playing, I just find it hilarious that they're already claiming she's not "brown" enough to be America Chavez. Even though she's actually an alien disguised as a Hispanic female when all is said and done. It's so ridiculous and so typical and soooo believable all at the same time. I'm just thinking the meltdown would be better than the actual character by a long shot.

Her as Nico would be a 1,000 times better than the dead faced chick they tried to pass off on the Hulu show. And as young as she is she could be set up to be a longstanding mainstay in the MCU after all the actors like Cumberbatch and Olsen age out of their roles.

I'm not against or for either casting, but given the choice between the two, the appeal of an accompanying $#!+ show gives the edge to America.

58 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Hey, I'm not saying I'm not down for whatever part she's playing, I just find it hilarious that they're already claiming she's not "brown" enough to be America Chavez. Even though she's actually an alien disguised as a Hispanic female when all is said and done. It's so ridiculous and so typical and soooo believable all at the same time. I'm just thinking the meltdown would be better than the actual character by a long shot.

Her as Nico would be a 1,000 times better than the dead faced chick they tried to pass off on the Hulu show. And as young as she is she could be set up to be a longstanding mainstay in the MCU after all the actors like Cumberbatch and Olsen age out of their roles.

I'm not against or for either casting, but given the choice between the two, the appeal of an accompanying $#!+ show gives the edge to America.

Lol, i'm with you on this. My joke was meant to poked that the SJW's. Disney has been streamlining every character with comedic lines. I'm sure who ever it is she will be way funnier than she normally is in the comics. I like Nico just cause she is a little Edgier. Same reason I like the casting choice for magic in the "New Mutants" .  Either way things happen and life goes on. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 6:20 PM, DrewK said:

I'm picturing her as Zelma Stanton (Dr. Strange's librarian) from one of the recent volumes.

Yes I think so too. Although I think the recent comics have not served the doctor well, she looks like a potential cast member.

I'm hoping to see them move his costume further to the comic version, at least the addition of his emblem. I'd love to see how they do the Eye of Agamotto, and if that too can resemble the comic version more.