What If Peter Parker Became Venom

JayC

This April, writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Pasqual Ferry team up for a Spider-Man story like none other in SPIDER-MAN: SPIDER’S SHADOW. The critically acclaimed writer, currently wowing readers with his Eisner-nominated work on Daredevil, has crafted a thrilling saga that will explore Peter Parker’s dark side. Superstar artist Pasqual Ferry (The Mighty Thor) and colorist Matt Hollingsworth (Hawkeye) join him to bring to life one of the most ruthless Spider-Man stories Marvel Comics has ever told.

Peter Parker once put on an alien suit that nearly destroyed his life – but what if he’d never taken it off? Ignoring every warning, Spidey embraces the dark symbiote! Haunted by terrible nightmares and exhausted by an endless barrage of bad guys, Peter can’t seem to catch a break these days. So when the Hobgoblin attacks, he finds a hero at the end of his rope…and vulnerable to new dark impulses. Spider-Man is about to change his rules – but is it truly Peter who is in charge?

“I’m thrilled to be kicking off a new era of “WHAT IF” stories with this tale of a Spider-Man gone bad! How bad will he be? Will he have a goatee and no hyphen in his name? Pick up issue one to find out! But seriously, I feel that with SPIDER’S SHADOW we’re exploring some dark situations with Spidey and the Marvel Universe, while making it cool and fun to read. I think longtime fans will love it and new readers will be amazed at what Marvel lets us do,” Zdarsky teased. “Pasqual and Matt are producing amazing work on this book. When every page comes in, I share them with all of my friends even though Marvel says I’m not allowed to do that.

“Since I started working at Marvel some long years ago, I always dreamed of drawing Spiderman, I came close a couple of times to get it, but the God of Thunder and Iron Man got in the way at the last moment— which were quite a joy too. So when I was offered the opportunity to draw this miniseries, you can imagine my happiness. In addition, I always wanted to experiment with the black suit from Secret Wars so the icing on the cake was doing that in the form of a “What If” series set at the beginning of that journey,” Ferry said. “Chip's script is really shocking and surprising, a delight for someone fan of the character like me, and I'm sure it will catch the readers as much as it is drawing it with me. Hold on to the seats, because SPIDER’S SHADOW is going to surprise you in a way that you cannot imagine!

Check out the cover by Phil Noto below and don’t miss this terrifying tale when SPIDER-MAN: SPIDER’S SHADOW #1 hits stands in April.

SPIDER-MAN: SPIDER’S SHADOW #1 (of 4)
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
Art by PASQUAL FERRY
Colors by MATT HOLLINGSWORTH
Cover by PHIL NOTO

What-If-Peter-Parker-Became-Venom.jpg

10 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

I'm going to have to read this. I have always enjoyed the what if concept even though this topic feels overused.

Yeah. The What-Ifs of the nineties were always enjoyable. The art sometimes detracted from the story. I always like the X-Men ones. What if Sinister formed the X-Men? What if Storm became Phoenix? 

This doesn't seem that original, I feel like we have explored this idea before, or maybe I'm wrong, try again Marvel. I don't think it should be that hard to make a What If story, you can literally do anything you want, but yet you go with the easiest what if to conjure up, nah bro.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like re-treaded material. How bout Marvel explain how Osborn is still walking around after killing Gwen? Sorry but there are some lines you dont cross and you cant tell me Spider-Man wouldn't have taken this fool off the board by now. Osborn goes from arch enemy now to Major Player....I just cant deal with that.

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

This looks like re-treaded material. How bout Marvel explain how Osborn is still walking around after killing Gwen? Sorry but there are some lines you dont cross and you cant tell me Spider-Man wouldn't have taken this fool off the board by now. Osborn goes from arch enemy now to Major Player....I just cant deal with that.

Osborn has a Deadpool style healing factor and has a massive PR machine, that's how he survived and has managed to fool people into thinking he isn't the Green Goblin