April Showers Bring....MARVEL LEGENDS

JayC

We have seen Hasbro hint more than once that next month will be a sizable month for new Marvel Legends. In their last live-stream they first suggested this and then today Dan Yun from the Marvel Legends brand team tweeted saying:

Yo Legends friends - a warm warning to save your $💸 cause April is going to be busy

From what I can tell, folks will want to mark their calendars for Friday, April 9, 2021. Hasbro has yet to make any kind of official announcements for that day, but it looks like its going to be a big day of reveals not just for Marvel Legends, but other Hasbro

brands as well. I don't know if Hasbro is planning another PulseCon type of event or just simply do a string of live-stream videos all on one day. I suspect the later, but we will have to wait and see.

As for what we might see for Marvel Legends, well I am only guessing but I think we will see the rumored Disney Infinity Saga sub-line officially revealed. We may also see the rumored Iron Man themed wave and the Disney+ waves fully revealed as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we get to see the Wanda figure from that wave revealed next week after the WandaVision season finale airs this Friday, like we did with Vision this week. Those are just things off the top of my head I think we might see, there certainly other things as well they might show.

I suspect March will be fairly quit on the official reveal front, but April I think will bring us the types of reveals we normally see in February during Toy Fair which didn't happen this year due to COVID.

April-Showers-Bring-Marve-Legends.jpg

Very exciting news, especially since it seems we may see a lot of MCU reveals that day. I'm curious about the D+ wave, because we'll be in the middle of TFATWS at that point, so they may hold of on showing it, or just stick to the weekly reveals like with Vision and maybe Wanda. I think we'll definitely see the Iron Man wave, maybe some Spider-Man retro stuff, and I wouldn't have expected the MCU stuff to be revealed this early, but it would be awesome if they revealed the line, even if its only a few.

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Cool. Good to start setting expectations five weeks early.

Haha my thoughts exactly, a month and a week away, not sure why they don't just tell us this stuff like the week before, it means even less to me now, then it would 2 days before they told us, I just always expected them to be telling us about new figures. so whats the diff between surprising us or telling us a month ahead, same difference.

anyways I hope if they are going to show us 5000 things, how about MCU stuff I don't want 😄

I'm sure I'm not alone in this but I really always wish that instead of them showing us something new and then either making us preorder in advance, or wait until we can, they just show us something and then release it, why can't they just do that, it's always look at what you can get some random time later...we don't know when, maybe april but probably tomorrow, or next spring, but we want to know you are going to give us money immediately , I'm growing ever so tired of preordering in, it's almost certain you preorder something and you get it last.

My dream figs for spring which would knock it out of the park !!!!! 

Mephisto 

Mr. Hyde

Bi Beast 

Odin  

ROM Spaceknight 

Dracula Lord of the Vampires (Red Armored/White haired version) 

Terrax The Tamer 

Sentry (new improved body mold & more detail on cape)

The Black Order (comic version!!!)

Hammerhead (new and improved more bulky body mold)

The Molecule Man (never done before)

Knull 

Nightmare 

Blackout (Lilin)

Superior Spiderman ( new body mode improved detail and paint job) 

Daken 

FrankenCastle ( possible two pack with Daken or sliced up punisher 3 pack) !!!!!!

1 hour ago, Symbiote_web said:

I’m very disappointed since I don’t collect MCU / tv shows and they keep pushing this crap. 
So many classic characters have been requested and ignored by them.

Where’s Spider Retro wave 2?

Yeah, I am happy to go out and hunt the "House of X" wave and I already pre-ordered the Xenmu BAF wave, but I don't have much interest anymore in non-comic book Legends figs (unless they wanna make a Ray Stevenson "Punisher War Zone" figure!)

On 3/4/2021 at 2:46 AM, Symbiote_web said:

I’m very disappointed since I don’t collect MCU / tv shows and they keep pushing this crap. 

I wouldn't worry too much on that one. There are  just not enough characters in the MCU/TV realm to ever match the volume from the comics. I'm a bit annoyed too that we haven't seen Iron Spider, Ms. Marvel, Crimson Dynamo, Wonder Man, the Watcher, Mephisto, Equinox, Redwolf, Firelord, the Inhumans, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Starjammers, and I can go on and on, but the good thing is I'm sure they're coming. If MCU is not for you, then your wallet gets a nice break.

4 hours ago, Symbiote_web said:

You signed up this week to make the same boring complaint on every thread? There's lots of comic and retro stuff out there, it's silly to complain on MCU threads that they make MCU toys.

15 minutes ago, AcademyofDrX said:

You signed up this week to make the same boring complaint on every thread? There's lots of comic and retro stuff out there, it's silly to complain on MCU threads that they make MCU toys.

and you signed up only a few minutes ago to give out. LOL. Only messing with you mate. He has been on these forums for a week and done nothing but complain about MCU figures. He is just one of those people. I would just ignore it.

13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

i wouldn't worry too much on that one. There are  just not enough characters in the MCU/TV realm to ever match the volume from the comics. I'm a bit annoyed too that we haven't seen Iron Spider, Ms. Marvel, Crimson Dynamo, Wonder Man, the Watcher, Mephisto, Equinox, Redwolf, Firelord, the Inhumans, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Starjammers, and I can go on and on, but the good thing is I'm sure they're coming. If MCU is not for you, then your wallet gets a nice break.

I'm a big MCU fan, but I agree strongly with some of those absences- especially the Starjammers and Inhumans. It's annoying that they keep doing X-Men waves themed to alternate universe stories (especially witht he strongly-rumored second wave of Age of Apocalypse figures) when there are still so many X-Men characters from the main universe that are yet to be done. The fact that we haven't even gotten Corsair is pretty baffling. I don't know if Hasbro is holding back on Inhumans until they are actually well-done in The MCU, but it would be nice if we got a new-to-ML Inhuman in the F4 retro wave.

Yeah pretty much why we haven't gotten anymore Inhumans it because of the failed attempt at that TV show and Marvel's attempt to push them forward in the comics. 

Corsair and the Starjammer is something I expect eventually but I think they will pop up in a Cosmic set rather then an X-men set.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Me: Make it rain, Hasbro, make it........raaaaayyyyne!

Hasbro: Here you go guys, a freakin' year and half of backed up MCU product!

Me: Awwwww.....

At least you can save your money for when more comic stuff will be announced.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if some comic stuff is announced along with some MCU stuff

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Corsair and the Starjammer is something I expect eventually but I think they will pop up in a Cosmic set rather then an X-men set.

I can see any of the Starjammers possibly showing up in future X-Men, Captain Marvel 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 waves, or as a Walgreen's exclusive coming later this year after Quasar. 

13 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I can see any of the Starjammers possibly showing up in future X-Men, Captain Marvel 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 waves, or as a Walgreen's exclusive coming later this year after Quasar. 

They could do a cosmic wave to tie in with the Walgreens figures