What Could The Next Marvel Legends $50 Deluxe Figure Be???

JayC

A few weeks ago we told you how a new listing had been discovered by the folks over at Fwoosh for a new Marvel Legends Deluxe figure with a $50 price tag similar to what we saw with the most recent M.O.D.O.K. figure. This listing was posted as follows:

F2992 ($50) – Avengers Deluxe 3 (Aug ’21)

I've done some digging, and while I wish I could tell you exactly what this figure is going to be, the best I've been able to come up with is a listing that calls it "Hydra Stomper". I don't think that's the actual name of the figure, but likely some kind of description or code name to keep the figures identity concealed.

So we will have wait until Hasbro officially reveals this one to know exactly what it is. Being it's a deluxe figure, I think it's safe to assume it will be based on a lager character. Whether the name "Hydra Stomper" is a reference to someone who stomps out Hydra or not is not known.

What Could The Next Marvel Legends $50 Deluxe Figure Be???

Jay Cochran - March 05, 2021 [ edit post ]
A few weeks ago we told you how a new listing had been discovered by the folks over at Fwoosh for a new Marvel Legends Deluxe figure with a $50 price tag similar to what we saw with the most recent M.O.D.O.K. figure. This listing was posted as follows:

F2992 ($50) – Avengers Deluxe 3 (Aug ’21)

I've done some digging, and while I wish I could tell you exactly what this figure is going to be, the best I've been able to come up with is a listing that calls it "Hydra Stomper". I don't think that's the actual name of the figure, but likely some kind of description or code name to keep the figures identity concealed.

So we will have wait until Hasbro officially reveals this one to know exactly what it is. Being it's a deluxe figure, I think it's safe to assume it will be based on a lager character. Whether the name "Hydra Stomper" is a reference to someone who stomps out Hydra or not is not known.

Superagentshydra1__scaled_600.jpg

Just as a COMPLETE GUESS on my part, I could maybe see the figure being based on the character known as "Hammer". He was part of a group crated by Hydra called the Hydra 4 who's mission was to kill the Avengers. Hammer was essentially Hydra's version of Thor, who is a bigger character. A hammer stomps things, hence the connection to the description. A bit of a stretch I know. How much demand there would be for Marvel Legends figures based on the Hydra 4 is not known. I doubt they would be terribly high up on anyone's list, and a $50 price for what essentially would be another Thor figure seems pretty steep.

Mandroid_Armor__scaled_600.jpg

Another GUESS I could possibly see is a new updated Mandroid figure. This was a suit of armor created for S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. The S.H.I.E.L.D. organization is known for stomping out Hydra. Hasbro did give us a Marvel Legends Mandroid figure back in 2014 as a Build-A-figure. The Mandroid has had many different looks over the years in the comics, but perhaps Hasbro would give us a more classic looking yellow version this time around?

Honestly the description "Hydra Stomper" is just to vague to really know what Hasbro has in store for us, but what do you hope it is?

Based on that name, a SHIELD Mandroid is the first thing that comes to mind.

Alternatively, it could be the Hydra Dreadnought. For a $50 deluxe version though, I doubt they would go with the comic book Dreadnought, which could be a BAF. More likely, a mechanized version similar to what was used in the animated series: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

D2.jpg

31 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Based on that name, a SHIELD Mandroid is the first thing that comes to mind.

Alternatively, it could be the Hydra Dreadnought. For a $50 deluxe version though, I doubt they would go with the comic book Dreadnought, which could be a BAF. More likely, a mechanized version similar to what was used in the animated series: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

D2.jpg

I thought "Dreadnought" first before I thought of an updated Mandroid.  Either would be cool, execution depending.  I've always wanted three of each.

He's more AIM than Hydra, but a classic version of The Super-Adaptoid comes to mind as well.  A figure at 8 or 9 inches tall with some interchangeable pieces for its power mimicry seems like something they would charge $50 for.

Another long shot could be a Sleeper robot.  They've got that classic Red Skull coming out after all.  This guy is pretty stompy.

sleeper.thumb.jpg.6306fd3f26b624c0cf0de5794f297c82.jpg

I dont thik they wanna kill so quickly this MODOK size new line with a new Mandroid (is good to have it but nobody needs it). If is a Mandroid maybe in a 3-pack, like Nimrod, together with a new Viper (the previous looks like a Drag) or Baron Strucker.

Is Hasbro, so most likely is a 3 pack of Thor, Iron Man and Cap in Hydra colors (just an easy and quick repaint)

I can say this, a $50.00 price point considered as "norm" is going to start pushing more and more collectors away. There really needs to be something to justify that IMO. Sorry to all the MODOK fans out there but that thing is just not worth $50.00. This proposed "stomper", which I agree, is probably gonna be the MANDROID in classic colors this go 'round, would have to have some serious "extra" to it. But they could pull if off: swappable arm weapons, maybe a detachable helmet canopy showing the pilot inside, blast/explosive effects, etc.  

WEAPON H please

would much rather him be a deluxe fig than a BAF.

they’ve already got the grey hulk mold, all it requires is a tweaked   head sculpt, fists with “wolverine-type” claws and a few of those metal weaponX protrusions scattered on the arms/chest/upper back.

$50. Sold. done. Even at retail it would probably sell well considering it’s a hulk/wolverine mashup.

020EFC25-8D22-454F-A9A8-9F3BE88B25BE.jpeg

I agree with others. I think this will likely be the Mandroid BAF repainted. I feel like they even used this in a display at SDCC or something similar with the 3.75" Marvel Universe figures. I'd likely buy one of these. I also love Snikt4bub's idea of Weapon H. I'd definitely buy that too!! My expectation though is that it's the repainted Mandroid BAF. It's been long enough that they probably feel safe breaking that back out again.

3 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

".....Another long shot could be a Sleeper robot.  They've got that classic Red Skull coming out after all.  This guy is pretty stompy...."

While I highly doubt they'd make this, if they did, its simplistic design does allow for a 6" figure to fit inside...something to think about.

3 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

I thought "Dreadnought" first before I thought of an updated Mandroid.  Either would be cool, execution depending.  I've always wanted three of each.

He's more AIM than Hydra, but a classic version of The Super-Adaptoid comes to mind as well.  A figure at 8 or 9 inches tall with some interchangeable pieces for its power mimicry seems like something they would charge $50 for.

Another long shot could be a Sleeper robot.  They've got that classic Red Skull coming out after all.  This guy is pretty stompy.

If they did a Sleeper, I would be beyond happy. Love the sleeper trilogy of stories in tales of suspense and the Cap book later on. Don't forget we have multiple sleepers if that were something they'd do. Ill be honest though, Sleepers seem highly unlikely. 

4th_sleeper.jpg

Fifth_Sleeper.jpg

3 hours ago, Snikt4bub said:

WEAPON H please

would much rather him be a deluxe fig than a BAF.

they’ve already got the grey hulk mold, all it requires is a tweaked   head sculpt, fists with “wolverine-type” claws and a few of those metal weaponX protrusions scattered on the arms/chest/upper back.

$50. Sold. done. Even at retail it would probably sell well considering it’s a hulk/wolverine mashup.

020EFC25-8D22-454F-A9A8-9F3BE88B25BE.jpeg

I would love q weapon H but not for 50 thats too much. Something like 35 is much more reasonable but 50 that's way too steep.