What Spider-Man Themed Marvel Legends Figures Might We See Later This Year?

JayC

For you Spider-Man fans, even though we just recently got the Silt-Man Build-A-Figure Marvel Legends wave from Hasbro to start the year off, it looks like there are a fair number of other web-crawler themed figures in the pipeline yet to be officially announced. Of course this year is another Spider-Man movie year so that really shouldn't be a big surprise to you.

While we've been pretty confident for a while now that there would be a second wave of regular Spider-Man themed Marvel Legends figures coming from Hasbro this year, we didn't have any specific details about that wave. We still don't know the specific figures being released in the wave or what the build-A-figure will be. According to a list posted over at Fwoosh, it's looking like this wave will be a mix of movie, comic and video game figures. This is how they are breaking it down.

F0170 – Assortment UPC: 501099372093
Wave 2 – Unknown (BaF)

• F3018 – MCU Figure 7 Shale – 5010993844722

• F3019 – MCU Figure 8 Sulfur – 5010993844739

• F3021 – MCU Figure 9 Methane – 5010993844753

• F3022 – MCU Figure 10 Manganese – 5010993844746

• F3023 – MCU Figure 11 Lodine – 5010993844685

• F3024 – Comic Figure 12 Sandstone – 5010993844708

• F3025 – Gamerverse Figure 13 Sapphire – 5010993844692

So 5 movie figures, 1 comic and 1 video game. Again we have no idea what the Build-A-Figure will be. The wave should be out in September/October time frame while the next movie which is titled Spider-Man: No Way Home is due out in theaters on December 17, 2021.

Besides regular release figures, I have seen indications that we will also be getting a number of Retro Carded Spider-Man themed figures this year as well. Figures I have seen slated for the Retro Card treatment include Hobgoblin, Web Man, Shocker, Sandman, Kraven and/or Black Costume Spider-Man.

I say and/or for Kraven and Black Costume Spider-Man because i've seen the same product # listing used for both figures at different places. I don't know if one is an error and we will only end up with one of them. It's possible we could still get both even though both figures have been recently released multiple times by Hasbro. The last time we saw figures of

Kraven and Black Costume Spider-Man was in a Target exclusive 2-pack which was released a year or so ago. I've even seen some speculation that perhaps Hasbro is getting creative and will release a Kraven figure dressed up wearing the Black Spider-Man Costume, as he did in the Last Hunt storyline.

Since there is conflicting information floating around for some of these figures, I would keep this more in the RUMOR category than I normally recommend you do. I should also note on the Sandman that I don't think we ever got that one on a traditional Retro Spider-Man Toy Biz cardback back in the day. I believe the only 5" Sandman we got from Toy Biz was released in a boxset. Of course Toy Biz never did a Web Man

figure either. I also don't know what the price on Sandman will be. Since the previous Sandman was released as a Build-A-Figure, I suspect he will cost more than the other Retro figures.

How or if any of these actual figures will differ from their original Hasbro Marvel Legends releases is unknown at this time, but I suspect we might start getting some official looks at these next month.

Also I am pretty sure the Retro figures will be done as individual releases possibly as Fan Channel exclusives and not as one wave.

Again, until Hasbro officially confirms all this we will treat them as RUMORS for now.

Spider-Man-Retro-01.jpg

Spider-Man-Retro-02.png

By mcu I'm going to assume they mean spiderverse. I mean they may have not gotten everybody but hasbro has done a good job get most of the spiderman  side of the mcu out.

So it will probably be Noir, penny 3 random villains a random obscure comic character and hopefully the gamerverse will be mr. Negative.

19 minutes ago, tarot said:

By mcu I'm going to assume they mean spiderverse. I mean they may have not gotten everybody but hasbro has done a good job get most of the spiderman  side of the mcu out.

So it will probably be Noir, penny 3 random villains a random obscure comic character and hopefully the gamerverse will be mr. Negative.

Considering it's from a movie that hasn't come out and Spiderverse is not part of the MCU, I don't think you're right.  We're yet to know anything from the movie, so I think everything we do now is guesswork. I just hope we don't get a Dr Strange for this wave

Possible SPOILERS for Spider-Man: No Way Home 

There have been rumors going around of months that the movie will include some dimension-crossing hijinks and both Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield's version of Spider-Man will appear. This could account for so many movie figures in the wave if three of them are alternate Spider-Mans, and it would confirm the other rumor going around that Hasbro is making a Raimi-verse Spider-Man for the Marvel Legends. 

2 hours ago, JayC said:

F0170 – Assortment UPC: 501099372093
Wave 2 – Unknown (BaF)

• F3018 – MCU Figure 7 Shale – 5010993844722

• F3019 – MCU Figure 8 Sulfur – 5010993844739

• F3021 – MCU Figure 9 Methane – 5010993844753

• F3022 – MCU Figure 10 Manganese – 5010993844746

• F3023 – MCU Figure 11 Lodine – 5010993844685

• F3024 – Comic Figure 12 Sandstone – 5010993844708

• F3025 – Gamerverse Figure 13 Sapphire – 5010993844692

Guessing the Gamerverse figure is PS5 Miles Morales.

26 minutes ago, Hulkwummy said:

I hope Sandman is a standard sized figure, because the Build-A-Figure was too big.

I think in this case they can reuse Hydro-Man either fully or with all new and interchangeable arms. Lizard was also incredibly oversized, but amazing figure still, I would love if they do something closer to original ToyBiz Lizard mold that was reused billion times (still have it as my main Lizard lol), it was good sculpt based more on Todd McFarlane art, would be really cool to see similar style sculpt but with updated articulation. 

13 hours ago, Hogun said:

It would be cool if we saw a re-release of the Sandman BAF as a single-carded figure. I am not a huge Spider-Man man. But I would kill to get a Sandman. I would also like to see a new Superior Spider-Man.

Forgetting "retro" for a minute I'd like to see Sandman but also a correctly done Lizard & Rhino, and leave us not forget Iron Spider. Oh and one more bad guy that's overdue...Tarantula.

I have most spiderman figures and villians but I tend to rebuy the vintage versions cause I like those versions better, for me the figures that need to be done are:
Lizzard (with a better more classic headsculpt)
Shocker (classic costume)
Id also really like a Chameleon redone with his look of the 90's cartoon
Hobgoblin Im happy with my fig but itd be cool if he is redone cause a lot of people missed out on him

As for new characters/figures Id like:
Armored Spiderman
Alistar Smythe
Tarantula
and I know it would be correct for a Vintage wave but we really need a comic Iron Spider ASAP

Very happy to see 5 MCU figures slated for the NWH wave. It's hard to say exactly what those figures all will be, given the amount of rumors floating around, but I imagine we'll see at least 1 Spider-Man figure, probably a redone FFH Spidey and then whatever his new costume ends up being for this movie. We may get a Doctor Strange, he's supposed to be in the movie. I haven't heard any credible news as far as villains go, but maybe those last 2 slots will be MCU Scorpion and Kraven. That sounds like a good lineup. 2 Spider-Man suits, Doctor Strange, Scorpion and Kraven. Then give us a Ned/MJ/Peter 3 pack and I'll be set.

There's way too many comic figures to guess which one this'll be, but I'm hoping for either Iron Spider, Spider-Armor or one of the other Life Foundation members. The Gamerverse one will probably end up being Miles, but I could see them doing Iron Spider there too. For the Retro stuff, we just got a classic Kraven, so I don't need that one unless I decide to keep him mint. Shocker would be very nice, just not on the Bucky Cap mold. I'm hoping that Sandman ends up being on the Hydro-Man buck.