New Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Figure Images Hit The Net Revealing Movie Details -Spoilers-

JayC

Yesterday new images started showing up online for Hasbro's upcoming Shang-Chi Marvel Legends wave which contain a mix of both comic book based and Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings figures. I have broken this post up into two parts, one that is non-Spoiler giving us our first best look at the Build-A-Figure for the wave which is a comic book based Mr. Hyde figure.

This post which does contain MOVIE SPOILERS is to show you the new images of the actual movie figures as well as the back of the packages revealing the bio's for the characters. Last week we had seen some initial images for the wave leak out, but we didn't see the character bio's.

So first this is how the entire Shang-Chi wave breaks down:

-Shang-Chi (Movie)
-Death Dealer (Movie)
-Wenwu (Movie)
-Xialing (Movie)
-Iron Man (Tony Stark AI) (Comic)
-Civil Warrior (Comic)

Again the Build-A-Figure for the wave is Mr. Hyde (Comic). Hasbro officially revealed the comic book Civil Warrior and Tony Stark AI figures back in February.

So now for the movie based figures.

It's funny because you can tell that most people posting these images on social media really don't care about the figures themselves, they are more interested in posting about the movie spoilers to be had in the figure bio's on the back of the packages. Also because people on social media never bother to give credit to the original source, it's hard to determine who the original person to post these was. The images seem to originate from multiple people and you can see the figures in one of the images have $23 price tages, so someone is actually selling these in a store some place.

The movie isn't due out until September 3, 2021, so I don't expect the figures to be officially released until later this summer. Anyway lets get to the bio's and the MOVIE SPOILERS to be had in them.

When we first heard about the terrorist group The Ten Rings in the original Iron Man movie, most assumed this would end up being an organization run by Iron Man's arch-nemesis in the comics The Mandarin, who of course wears 10 mystical rings that given him his powers. Later in Iron Man 3 we learned the MCU Mandarin wasn't really the big bad guy he was in the comics.

Well now we are learning that the Ten Rings Organiztion is actually run by Shang-Chi's father Wenwu. Here is how the figure bio for Wenwu reads.

Wenwu
Shang-Chi's father Wenwu is the feared leader of the Ten Rings Organization, which has lurked in the shadows of the MCU since the very beginning.

Shang-Chi
Trained since childhood by the mysterious Ten Rings Organization, Shang-Chi must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn back into his father's web.

Xialing
When her estranged brother Shang-Chi suddenly shows up in her life, Xialing must choose between the solitary life she has created for herself or join her brother in the fight against the Ten Rings.

Death Dealer
Death Dealer is one of the most formidable oppents Shang-Chi has ever faced.

I see some online declaring Wenwu the MCU's real Mandarin, with the one we saw in Iron Man 3 only being a fake imposter. Whether that actually turns out to be the case in my mind remains to be seen, but I guess time will tell.

I don't know about Wenwu, but they did confirm in "Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King" that there IS an actual Mandarin, and he apparently wasn't happy with Trevor's charade.

As for the figures themselves, I'm not really about the MCUs anymore, but I loves me a good martial arts adventure movie. So, I'll be buying 'em.

I think the origin of these figures being sold is Ecuador if I'm not mistaken, I believe these are the same people selling Eternels figures a bit ago. I'm sure these figures will be on Aliexpress soon enough, Eternels already have been. Hasbro needs to get on top of all of this, it's really hurting the sales and interest for these waves which seems already low, by the time these get revealed they will have already been on the market and those who care would already be satisfied, they need to get a bandage on the wreckage, just release these already officially.

I don't have much desire for these figures but I think Death Dealer and Xialing I will pick up, but that's it out of this wave.

Y'know, I was a bit peeved that the MCU was going forward with the the real Mandarin thing. I had no problems with the IM3 fake-out since the twist was very layered and Kingsley as Trevor was a delight. When All Hail the King came out with the "oh, but there is a Mandarin" stinger, I was okay with it since it felt like a compromise without back-peddaling. But then they announced they would actually show the real Mandarin, and that they'd do it in a project completely unrelated to Iron Man.

But now, seeing that Tony Leung's character doesn't even look like the Mandarin and doesn't even wear the ten rings in his fingers, I don't feel so bad about this. The way Wenwu is shaping up to be, Ben Kingley's character will remain a closer adaptation to the Mandarin than this character, twist included.

30 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Stink wave, only positive was the BAF, but they managed to jack that up as well. Hasbro knew full well which version of Hyde, we all wanted.

115452870_MisterHydebyJB.thumb.png.0a48b9d14a7447fad314263d537f43dc.png

I'm quite all right with the version of Hyde they're making, thanks.  So no, we don't "all" want the same version.  I think "classic" Hyde looks stupid.

10 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I'm quite all right with the version of Hyde they're making, thanks.  So no, we don't "all" want the same version.  I think "classic" Hyde looks stupid.

OK, you & maybe a handful of others like this version, the vast majority not only here but on various other Marvel sites wanted the classic version. 

56 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

OK, you & maybe a handful of others like this version, the vast majority not only here but on various other Marvel sites wanted the classic version. 

Maybe, or maybe a vocal minority does.  Or maybe there are a lot of them that are perfectly OK with this version but would have accepted or slightly preferred the other.  Either way I'm pretty sure you haven't done anything beyond anecdotal "research" on the matter so really you can only speak for your own opinion.

3 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Maybe, or maybe a vocal minority does.  Or maybe there are a lot of them that are perfectly OK with this version but would have accepted or slightly preferred the other.  Either way I'm pretty sure you haven't done anything beyond anecdotal "research" on the matter so really you can only speak for your own opinion.

Nah, over on the Fwoosh & Toyark, the vast majority is pretty POed they went with the version they did. People were already on the fence about the entire wave & the choice of a more modern Hyde pushed many into not buying the wave at all or some are buying him with an intent on modifying him into the classic version. You can keep thinking that many are estatic about the version Hasbro went with, but the reality is that most aren't.

The Legends line has been going for 2 full decades now. If it took 20 years to get our first version of a character, I wouldn't likely hold out a lot of hope for a second in the near future unless it's a simple repaint. I for one am perfectly happy with the version of Hyde they chose - even if it may not have been the one I personally would have chosen.

22 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Nah, over on the Fwoosh & Toyark, the vast majority is pretty POed they went with the version they did. People were already on the fence about the entire wave & the choice of a more modern Hyde pushed many into not buying the wave at all or some are buying him with an intent on modifying him into the classic version. You can keep thinking that many are estatic about the version Hasbro went with, but the reality is that most aren't.

Please show me anywhere in my posts where I claimed anyone was "ecstatic." Go on, I'll be waiting.  You seem to have problems understanding that there is a wide gulf of opinion between "Ecstatic" and "Ready to burn down Hasbro HQ."