It's Thor Vs Captain America On Oliver Coipel's New Thor #15 Cover

JayC

July will see the beginning of a new arc in Donny Cates’ acclaimed run on THOR titled “Revelations.” Teaming up with Cates for this new storyline will be guest artist Michele Bandini (King in Black: Spider-Man), filling in for regular series artist Nic Klein who will return for the next arc. Seen on the jawdropping new cover by legendary Thor artist Olivier Coipel and colorist Matt Wilson, “Revelations” will pack plenty of surprises, including an explosive fight between Thor and Captain America.

Following the events of “Prey,” the wounds of Donald Blake have not yet healed, and new Hel is afoot! With all inhabitants back in Asgard, and Odin’s presence returned after being away so long, an air of tension now sits upon the throne! Father and son. All-Father and All-Father. Odin and Thor. Is this relationship forever doomed, and what does it mean for the Ten Realms? Check out Coipel’s cover below as well as a variant cover by Nic Klein and don’t miss the start of this Midgard-shaking new arc when THOR #15 hits stands on July 14th!

THOR #15
Written by DONNY CATES
Art by MICHELE BANDINI
Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL with colors by MATT WILSON
Variant cover by NIC KLEIN
On Sale 7/14!

THOR2020015_cvr.jpg

THOR2020015_Klein-var.jpg

11 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Could be as early as this year since he would fit into the cosmic theme of the Walgreen's exclusives.

I would say that's more likely than a character like Frankie Ray Nova or Airwalker, though I'd actually like to get a figure of either one of them first before another Thor figure.

52 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I would say that's more likely than a character like Frankie Ray Nova or Airwalker, though I'd actually like to get a figure of either one of them first before another Thor figure.

Yeah, I don't think we'll get a second character named Nova in the same year as part of the Walgreen's cosmic set. I suppose they could brand her as Frankie Ray, but... Well, honestly, I don't know if the name actually makes a slight difference in selling the figures. Seems like collectors know what they're getting regardless of what the package says. 

4 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, I don't think we'll get a second character named Nova in the same year as part of the Walgreen's cosmic set. I suppose they could brand her as Frankie Ray, but... Well, honestly, I don't know if the name actually makes a slight difference in selling the figures. Seems like collectors know what they're getting regardless of what the package says. 

Even at that, It doesn't necessarily have to just appeal to the people in the know of who the character is. I think how the figure would look in general would appeal to most action figure fans. A woman made of plasma with fire for hair would be awesome, and the chance to use the Moonstone buck again is an added plus.