Discover The Fate Of The Infinity Stones In The Startling Conclusion Of Infinite Destinies

JayC

The chase for the powerful Infinity Stones is on! Beginning next month, INFINITE DESTINIES will trace the current whereabouts of these legendary artifacts, some of which have fallen into the hands of Marvel’s newest breakout characters. This highly anticipated Marvel Comics event will play out over the course of eight thrilling annuals, and their startling repercussions will be explored in INFINITY SCORE, the upcoming arc in Jed MacKay’s hit run on BLACK CAT!

Marvel’s biggest heroes know all too well the destruction that the Infinity Stones can herald and are determined to stop this unbelievable cosmic power from falling into the wrong hands once again. Each part of this saga will see an iconic character clash or team up with a rising star as the very future of the Marvel Universe hang in the balance! Which of these powerful new characters is an Infinity Stone Bearer…and which isn’t? Find out by snatching up these annuals this summer! Each annual will also include one chapter of INFINITE FURY detailing Nick Fury’s chase for these stone-bearers and finding so much more than he bargained for.

August will see the final three chapters of this game-changing story:

In MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1, written by Saladin Ahmed and Jed MacKay with art by Luca Maresca and Juan Ferreyra, Miles will team up with the Magnificent Ms. Marvel series’ breakout hero: AMULET! Together, they’ll investigate a series of monster attacks in Brooklyn and discover a series of cursed magical objects. But who activated them, and why? And can Spider-Man and Amulet find out before the monsters take them down too? Also featuring INFINITE FURY Part 7 by Jed MacKay & Juan Ferreyra!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ANNUAL #1 by Al Ewing and Jed MacKay with art by Flaviano and Juan Ferreyra will finally see Hercules go head to head with his newest rival! Hercules has always been known as the Prince of Power…that is until a younger prince showed up to out-muscle him! With the aid of an all-powerful Infinity Stone, even a complete idiot can develop the quads, delts and abs of a Prince of Power...but why was it THIS idiot? Focus on your core, True Believers – the answers will shock you to it! Also featuring INFINITE FURY Part 7 by Jed MacKay & Juan Ferreyra!

"I've been holding onto the secrets of the Power Stone for a long, long time - some of these ideas have been bubbling away since the end of Infinity Wars,” Ewing teased. “But while anyone picking up GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY knows by now who the stone's new owner is, how they came to be has remained untold... until now. At last, the world can learn the true, tragic tale of the Prince of Power..."

And finally, AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 will present the startling conclusion to this unpredictable saga. Written by Jed MacKay with art by Travel Foreman, the last secret of the Infinity Stones and Infinity Stone-Bearers is revealed here. Plus, meet a brand-new character who beats Captain America and Iron Man within an inch of their lives. Also featuring INFINITE FURY Part 8 by Jed MacKay & Juan Ferreyra!

"We're all over the Marvel Universe with this one, and it's really exciting to see how the emergence of the Infinity Stones in their new forms will touch the different parts of the world,” MacKay said. “Who among the guest stars in these Annuals will be revealed to be a host of the Infinity Stones? For my own part, it's been a real joy to bring Black Cat and her world into the event, but also to work with favorites like Iron Man, the Avengers, Nick Fury and the whole gang. I'm really excited for people to see what INFINITE DESTINIES has to offer as an in-annual event!"

From The Infinity Gauntlet to The Infinity War, the emergence of the Infinity Stones has resulted in some of Marvel’s most memorable epics. Now, the next chapter in their storied history is just on the horizon! Check out the covers below as well as the official checklist and be there for the very beginning of INFINITE DESTINIES when it kicks off on June 2nd in IRON MAN ANNUAL #1!

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
Written by SALADIN AHMED & JED MACKAY
Art by LUCA MARESCA & JUAN FERREYRA
Cover by KIM JACINTO
On Sale 8/4!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ANNUAL #1
Written by AL EWING & JED MACKAY
Art by FLAVIANO & JUAN FERREYRA
Cover by MIKE MCKONE
On Sale 8/18!

AVENGERS ANNUAL #1
Written by JED MACKAY
Art by TRAVEL FOREMAN
Cover by FEDERICO VICENTINI
On Sale 8/25!

AVENANN2021001_cov.jpg

GARGALANN2021001_cov.jpg

Infinite_Destinies_Checklist.jpg

MMSMANN2021001_Cov.jpg

12 minutes ago, ADour said:

That Avengers Annual covers feels weird, but in a good way. What I mean is that Civil War has made it such a staple to picture Tony and Cap at odds that seeing them fighting shoulder-to-shoulder instead of face-to-face feels refreshing.

You know...you're 100% right. I'm glad we can finally see heroes standing together as we should. For a while there it was the opposite way too often. 

3 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

You know...you're 100% right. I'm glad we can finally see heroes standing together as we should. For a while there it was the opposite way too often. 

I'll never forget this bystander's dialogue from Tales of Suspense #58, the first fight between Iron Man and Captain America:

tumblr_o0hwm0EmYq1skzooso1_400.png It has aged like milk.

45 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Exactly why I dropped Avengers from my pull list. Sick of these guys' back biting and, frankly, contrived battles. I don't have a problem with disagreements, even heated ones, but the comic writers have beat this dead horse into dust. This has dragged on and devolved into outright combat and enough's enough. Besides, if Marvel were to do it right, the fight would be pretty one-sided. 

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Agree.  Marvel's always had "heroes fighting each other, usually for dubious reasons or a misunderstanding" as kind of a staple, but it was usually just when they first met, and then soon after they figured out what was going on and teamed up.  This past 2 decades, they've really leaned into the hero vs. hero thing way too hard, especially in events.  Often feels like characters aren't even friends anymore.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Exactly why I dropped Avengers from my pull list. Sick of these guys' back biting and, frankly, contrived battles. I don't have a problem with disagreements, even heated ones, but the comic writers have beat this dead horse into dust. This has dragged on and devolved into outright combat and enough's enough. Besides, if Marvel were to do it right, the fight would be pretty one-sided. 

I agree with all of this. I love disagreements because thats human nature but these guys don't do we all do. They're not going to come to blows when they know what's on the line. Maybe from time to time a quick squabble but if Cap and IM start Thor should put them in their place or any variation of that exchange. 

2 hours ago, ADour said:

I'll never forget this bystander's dialogue from Tales of Suspense #58, the first fight between Iron Man and Captain America:

tumblr_o0hwm0EmYq1skzooso1_400.png It has aged like milk.

Now the bystander would say: "must be Tuesday. "

28 minutes ago, Jeddostotle7 said:

Agree.  Marvel's always had "heroes fighting each other, usually for dubious reasons or a misunderstanding" as kind of a staple, but it was usually just when they first met, and then soon after they figured out what was going on and teamed up.  This past 2 decades, they've really leaned into the hero vs. hero thing way too hard, especially in events.  Often feels like characters aren't even friends anymore.

Yeah, I really miss the days when we would see Avengers at diners together or characters jogging together in the park or something. Now they just brawl and constantly fight off the apocalypse. 

It's called the  "we've run outta ideas/plots, so let's just make the heroes fight each other" fall back option. The very 1st Secret wars & 1st Civil war storylines were great, once they started rehashing them 2-3x more, got stale as hell.  The biggest farce in marvel comics imo, is what they've done with the Hulk universe. Everyone associated with Banner is a Hulk like version of him, they've created this BS Green Hell or whatever the heck they call it & turning the Hulk into a Galactus level God like character! The Editor at Marvel approving all that crap should be fired! They've turned Stan Lee's simple version of Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde into something he was never meant to be. The concept behind the Hulk was simple, "the madder Hulk gets, the stronger he became". Wanna combine Banner's intellect with Hulk's brawn, no problem, I was fine with that as you couldn't keep him with a child like mind forever.  What Marvel is doing with not only the Hulk, but She Hulk is a travesty imo.

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

It's called the  "we've run outta ideas/plots, so let's just make the heroes fight each other" fall back option. The very 1st Secret wars & 1st Civil war storylines were great, once they started rehashing them 2-3x more, got stale as hell.  The biggest farce in marvel comics imo, is what they've done with the Hulk universe. Everyone associated with Banner is a Hulk like version of him, they've created this BS Green Hell or whatever the heck they call it & turning the Hulk into a Galactus level God like character! The Editor at Marvel approving all that crap should be fired! They've turned Stan Lee's simple version of Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde into something he was never meant to be. The concept behind the Hulk was simple, "the madder Hulk gets, the stronger he became". Wanna combine Banner's intellect with Hulk's brawn, no problem, I was fine with that as you couldn't keep him with a child like mind forever.  What Marvel is doing with not only the Hulk, but She Hulk is a travesty imo.

Gigantor going boo-hoo at the instant classic, beautifully-written masterpiece that's been Al Ewing's Immortal Hulk, why am I not surprised?

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Yeah, I really miss the days when we would see Avengers at diners together or characters jogging together in the park or something. Now they just brawl and constantly fight off the apocalypse. 

I like to be impartial, so I'll have to point out that things like that still happen in modern comics. One of the staples of Bendis' New Avengers run was having the characters discuss things while eating breakfast. In the current Avengers run, there was even one issue of the Avengers chilling in a jacuzzi after one of the end of the world scenarios. In the first issue of Kurt Busiek's new series, The Marvels, which just came out, there was a sweet moment of Steve and Carol having lunch at a Brooklyn park, with Steve marvelling at the artisanal food movement while Carol jokingly calls him a hipster. The current Captain Marvel run has had quite a few issues of Carol hanging out with her friends.

Modern comics very much still show the down time of super heroes.

11 minutes ago, ADour said:

I like to be impartial, so I'll have to point out that things like that still happen in modern comics. One of the staples of Bendis' New Avengers run was having the characters discuss things while eating breakfast. In the current Avengers run, there was even one issue of the Avengers chilling in a jacuzzi after one of the end of the world scenarios. In the first issue of Kurt Busiek's new series, The Marvels, which just came out, there was a sweet moment of Steve and Carol having lunch at a Brooklyn park, with Steve marvelling at the artisanal food movement while Carol jokingly calls him a hipster. The current Captain Marvel run has had quite a few issues of Carol hanging out with her friends.

Modern comics very much still show the down time of super heroes.

I saw the jacuzzi scene in Avengers, I had forgotten about that one. I'm glad it still happens. Maybe I'm just reading the wrong books. 

5 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I saw the jacuzzi scene in Avengers, I had forgotten about that one. I'm glad it still happens. Maybe I'm just reading the wrong books. 

It's only happened once as after that its just infighting like Tony telling Carol we're not a family, when they're raising the Starbrand baby which was a dumb idea, like they should've kept Kevin. 

31 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

It's only happened once as after that its just infighting like Tony telling Carol we're not a family, when they're raising the Starbrand baby which was a dumb idea, like they should've kept Kevin. 

To be fair, Avengers is the only book that shows Tony and Carol bickering. In their own books, Tony has popped up to offer his support to Carol and vice versa, and they are properly depicted as close friends. Captain Marvel in specific has made an emphasis on how much Tony and Carol mean to each other.

1531456193773.jpg

2 minutes ago, ADour said:

To be fair, Avengers is the only book that shows Tony and Carol bickering. In their own books, Tony has popped up to offer his support to Carol and vice versa, and they are properly depicted as close friends. Captain Marvel in specific has made an emphasis on how much Tony and Carol mean to each other.

Yep which sucks, because Captain Marvel and Iron Man are great books, then you got Avengers that's a train wreck. I dropped the Avengers by Aaron, because it's terrible characterization, good ideas, but terrible execution. I want it to end soon for someone new to take over, but probably won't with his planned Mephisto event and his AvX 2.0 like why?

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

I mean all the stuff that was created by Stan is still there, with the whole "madder he gets the stronger" all Al did was expand on his multiple personalities, like Joe using Savage's form, Devil taking control of WB, and the personalities interacting with each other and helping each other how is seen in some DID patients. Plus Hulk isn't god level he got got by the Leader, plus the concept of the One Below All makes sense with there being a One Above All so it's only natural that there would be an opposite. 

54 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

Yep which sucks, because Captain Marvel and Iron Man are great books, then you got Avengers that's a train wreck. I dropped the Avengers by Aaron, because it's terrible characterization, good ideas, but terrible execution. I want it to end soon for someone new to take over, but probably won't with his planned Mephisto event and his AvX 2.0 like why?

With any luck, Heroes Reborn is the middle point of his run. The climax of it is definitely going to be the Iron Verse vs. Mephisto-Verse that he teased in issue #31. As an Iron Man fan I wish I could enjoy a writer putting Tony in such pivotal role, but it had to be Aaron. I had some hopes for his run when he introduced the concept of geopolitical super hero team dynamics, but instead of focusing on it, he had to relegate it to background noise while he drools over his "super mega big threat" story of the month. I think it's so funny that other concurrent writers are subtly throwing shade at his run. Can't wait until Marvel realizes they just need to drop Al Ewing on Avengers to get the next modern classic run.

2 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

That doesn't surprise me. I thought it was cool that happened but I figured it'd be a one time gag.

31 minutes ago, ADour said:

With any luck, Heroes Reborn is the middle point of his run. The climax of it is definitely going to be the Iron Verse vs. Mephisto-Verse that he teased in issue #31. As an Iron Man fan I wish I could enjoy a writer putting Tony in such pivotal role, but it had to be Aaron. I had some hopes for his run when he introduced the concept of geopolitical super hero team dynamics, but instead of focusing on it, he had to relegate it to background noise while he drools over his "super mega big threat" story of the month. I think it's so funny that other concurrent writers are subtly throwing shade at his run. Can't wait until Marvel realizes they just need to drop Al Ewing on Avengers to get the next modern classic run.

I really wish Aaron's run would end sooner than that. I want to read about my team but his characterizations and overuse of bad humor just got on my nerves. I had to let it go.