The Goblin Queen Returns And It's Judgement Day For The Hellions

JayC

One of the most buzzed about X-Men titles on stands today, Zeb Well and Stephen Segovia’s HELLIONS has delivered a dramatic and action-packed examination of mutantkind’s most dangerous mutants. This December, this unpredictable saga will come to an end in a final issue that will rock the very foundation of Krakoa and send shockwaves throughout mutantkind!

Orphan-Maker has committed a horrible crime. As he faces the ultimate penalty, the cracks in the team are on full display. Secrets, betrayals, alliances and loss all come to the surface as the fallout of Orphan-Maker’s actions threatens to end all the Hellions have worked toward!

Plus, a final decision is made regarding one of the most troublesome figures in mutant history: Madelyne Pryor AKA THE GOBLIN QUEEN. Fierce X-Men ally turned vengeful X-Men villain, the controversial clone of Jean Grey and ex-wife to Cyclops has served many roles over the years. Will Maddie return as a friend or foe?

“Hellions may be coming to an end, but our team of outcasts are gonna leave their mark on the way out the door,” Wells promises. “This includes bringing back one of my favorite characters, Madelyne Pryor! And take it from me, this is only the beginning for our Queen...

Don’t miss the final issue of HELLIONS this December.

HELLIONS #18
Written by ZEB WELLS
Art by ZÉ CARLOS & STEPHEN SEGOVIA
Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
Variant Cover by PHILIP TAN

HELLIONS2020018_Momoko.jpg

HELLIONS2020018-cover_Tan.jpg

HELLIONS2020018.jpg

Really bummed this is the last issue of Hellions.  I didn't think I'd like the book, but it's become one of my favorites.  Also, based on the December solits, it appears that maybe Marauders is also ending?  And possibly Excalibur, too?  I hope not, as I enjoy both those books, too.

On 9/15/2021 at 7:54 AM, Reno said:

"...I really want a Madelyne Pryor Legends figure...."

I have no interest in purchasing such a figure unless they do it accurately. I'm still wincing everytime I look at Storm from the Storm/Tbird 2 pack. Just no excuse for what they did to her. 

During one of the last live-streams they mentioned they were doing a new female body starting with Shriek.  This, along with the re-release of Rogue a while back and now Lady Loki, is a step in the right direction for adding some long overdue diversity to the female figures they're making. I was gratified that they put Tigra in her bikini for her upcoming figure (but for some reason the box art has her in a sports bra top), because accurate costumes go along with accurate figures. Also, there's nothing stopping them from using Pulse to really go all-out with the characters. 

Here's to hoping that if they do Goblin Queen, she'll be done correctly!!

• 1 month later...
Over the course of 18 issues, Zeb Wells and Stephen Segovia have made fans fall in love with mutantkind’s team of dangerous outcasts in HELLIONS! The hit series will come to an explosive end in December’s HELLIONS #18 with a special oversized issue that will reveal the fates of Psylocke, Havok, Greycrow, Empath, Wild Child, Nanny, and Orphan-Maker. And amidst the secrets, betrayals, alliances and loss will come the return of one of the most tragic characters in the X-Men mythos—Madelyne Pryor AKA the Goblin Queen! She was once a friend to the X-Men and a devoted wife to Cyclops but she became one of mutantkind’s greatest villains. Now, she’s back for her long overdue redemption… or will it be revenge? See her rise in HELLIONS #18 and then catch her causing trouble in the pages of Vita Ayala and Rod Reis’ acclaimed run on NEW MUTANTS where she’ll ignite a war with Magik for the throne of Limbo!

To celebrate her return, new HELLIONS #18 variant covers by Philip Tan, Kael Ngu, InHyuk Lee, and Marvel Stormbreaker Peach Momoko depict Maddy in all her fiery glory! Check out all five covers now and be there for the end of an era and the beginning of a saga X-Men fans have waited decades for when HELLIONS #18 hits stands on December 1.

HELLIONS #18
Written by ZEB WELLS
Art by ZÉ CARLOS & STEPHEN SEGOVIA
Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
Variant Cover by PHILIP TAN
Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
Variant Cover by KAEL NGU
Variant Cover by INHYUK LEE
On Sale 12/1

00-HELLIONS2020018-cover_PhilipTan.jpg

HELLIONS2020018_Momoko.jpg

HELLIONS2020018-InHyuk-Lee.jpg

HELLIONS2020018-KaelNguVariant.jpg

HELLIONS2020018.jpg

On 9/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, Reno said:

I really want a Madelyne Pryor Legends figure. 

I do agree and done right. But to be honest I also want N'astirh & S'ym. Maybe BAF (because it would be different and who would not want to some demons for their heroes to fight or a 3-pack, of a Inferno wave with demonic/tattered uniforms X-Men of that lineup

On 9/15/2021 at 10:54 AM, Reno said:

I really want a Madelyne Pryor Legends figure. I've been using that old early Hasbro Black Queen Jean Grey as the stand-in for her for far too long....

On 10/22/2021 at 5:13 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Here's another vote for a Maddie Pryor figure. She's a must have X-Villan!!

Throw my vote in there as well. As an X-Men villain she's a must. The costume will be an issue I suppose, but we can also count on Hasbro "tidy it up", even if they decide to do it through Fan Channel or Etail exclusive. My guess is they would do the Scarlet Witch method in which they would just paint the parts that are supposed to be skin a another tone to simulate a leotard. Whatever, just do it. Maybe throw a few little toady demons in there cuz it'll most likely be $25. Of course, doing a related wave with S'ym as the BAF would be awesome, but I still firmly believe in Disney's ban (on toys, anyway) on demonic and occultic characters for its evil connotations (well isn't that the kettle calling the pot black?), no matter how much ML team tries to deny it.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, monron999 said:

Throw my vote in there as well. As an X-Men villain she's a must. The costume will be an issue I suppose, but we can also count on Hasbro "tidy it up", even if they decide to do it through Fan Channel or Etail exclusive. My guess is they would do the Scarlet Witch method in which they would just paint the parts that are supposed to be skin a another tone to simulate a leotard. Whatever, just do it. Maybe throw a few little toady demons in there cuz it'll most likely be $25. Of course, doing a related wave with S'ym as the BAF would be awesome, but I still firmly believe in Disney's ban (on toys, anyway) on demonic and occultic characters for its evil connotations (well isn't that the kettle calling the pot black?), no matter how much ML team tries to deny it.

We just had a 13 inch flaming horned demon and a completely naked woman Marvel legends toy. I think the idea of we can't have demonic/occult or characters in revealing outfits figures is pretty much dead. Still a Pryor figure would be welcome.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, leokearon said:

We just had a 13 inch flaming horned demon and a completely naked woman Marvel legends toy. I think the idea of we can't have demonic/occult or characters in revealing outfits figures is pretty much dead. Still a Pryor figure would be welcome.

I mean, yeah, you'd think. But Surtur was done in context to the movie and he was more of a Diety or Demi-God rather than a demon. There seems to be some divide as to what they allow in movies vs. what they allow in toys. Maybe it's just because a lot of the mystical corner of the MU is still tied up at Hulu and they haven't been able to work them in other than the good doctor, but to me at least, the mystical/occult part of the MU has really been stepped over to this point. Sure there's a few Ghost Riders and a book of Vishanti set, and a Doctor Strange wave but that's about it. That's just what I'm reading into it.