Rumor Report: Marvel Legends Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness Wave

JayC

The folks over at Fwoosh have uncovered listing for the upcoming Marvel Legends wave for the new Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness

Doctor Strange 2 Assortment UPC: 5010993791170
RUNES 1 - 5010993790944
BLEEKER 2 - 5010993791095
BLEEPER 3 - 5010993791033
STRIPES 4 - 5010993790906
MASTER 5 - 5010993790999
SLEEPY 6 - 5010993791019
DREAMY 7 - 5010993791002

While the wave listings are using code names, based on info I have seen this will be a mix of comic and movie based figures. Some of the codenames again based on info I have seen are actually pretty easy to decipher. Of course as always treat this as rumor until officially confirmed by Hasbro.

DOCTOR_STRANGE_IN_THE_MULTIVERSE_OF_MADNESS_Logo_Cropped.jpg

so it begins again. I heard that Sleepwalker is part of this wave from someone who is pretty reliable but I'm guessing

1. MCU Strange
  2. MCU Wanda
  3. MCU Wong (for the love of god just make it so people will STOP asking!!)
  4. MCU whatever the main villain is
  5. Sleepwalker
  6. Clea?
  7. Comic Mordo or Nightmare
  8. BAF: Mindless ones.

On 10/7/2021 at 5:53 PM, McHogan said:

"...Ughhh.. hate the guessing game.. I’m terrible at it...."

I agree. Its a pointless, annoying waste of time. I get that they think its cute and clever and fun, but it just isn't, and why should anyone care? Stop making these boneheaded "tweaks" (gluing on Dr. Strange's cloak, making the female figs look like teenage kids  for example) and errors and just focus on good quality work.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:18 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

Hopefully it's only like two MCU figures so we can get a nice lineup of much needed Marvel Supernatural figures. Need Clea, Wong and Mordo for sure. Nightmare and some Mindless Ones would be aces too.

Lol, it’s the Doctor Strange movie wave, there’s going to be at least 4 movie figures in it.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, troybrownfield said:

My guesses...

RUNES 1 - Clea
BLEEKER 2 - Wong
BLEEPER 3 - Wanda
STRIPES 4 - America Chavez
MASTER 5 - Strange
SLEEPY 6 - Sleepwalker
DREAMY 7 - Nightmare

I agree with all of those, but Runes is more likely Mordo, I would assume he’s in the wave too. Probably Sleepwalker and Nightmare would be the only comic figures. It would be awesome if the BAF was Rintrah, I’d love me a big green Minotaur.

On 10/8/2021 at 6:22 AM, Benn said:

Presumably the main villain in this movie (or at least a major component of the villain equation) is Mordo, unless we think they’re going to ignore the post-credits scene from the first movie, or shelf it for Doc Strange 3.

I would like it if they wouldn't just ignore that post credit scene. 

As dumb as it sounds, this being a Doctor Strange movie and all, I have to assume that he won't actually be in the wave. Given that he's already in the Armadillo wave.

I'm thinking we'll get an updated Mordo, an MCU America Chavez, maybe another Wanda, then a classic Clea, Sleepwalker, and maybe just a reissue of that Satana from the Thunderbolts set or something.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, Dabboi said:

As dumb as it sounds, this being a Doctor Strange movie and all, I have to assume that he won't actually be in the wave. Given that he's already in the Armadillo wave.

I'm thinking we'll get an updated Mordo, an MCU America Chavez, maybe another Wanda, then a classic Clea, Sleepwalker, and maybe just a reissue of that Satana from the Thunderbolts set or something.

He'll probably have a new look for this movie, so they can get more merchandise 

On 10/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, Dabboi said:

Of course he will be in a wave with his name on it. That's like saying the spiderman  wave will not have a spiderman in it or the xmen wave have all f4 characters in it. The title characters has to be in it. No if and or buts.

Finally Sleepwalker and Nightmare, and in the same wave, at that. Who'da thought a Doctor Strange wave would be one of the better waves announced for next year. As far as the MCU characters, another Strange is a necessity, of course and another Wanda is understandable cuz she is the ACTUAL face of the MCU that people actually like. Wong has been much anticipated for a while and I imagine a figure of him would go over fairly well. Another MCU Karl would be a total mast breaker. Lame character, ultra lame figure the first time. Don't imagine they could do much with him to make it any better if they decide to drudge him up again. I wonder if Mephisto or Blackheart are even an option for the BAF. Most likely it'll be some undersized version of whatever the main villain turns out to be, like Shuma Gorath or something. He's been hinted at several times in the What If?.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:58 PM, tarot said:

Of course he will be in a wave with his name on it. That's like saying the spiderman  wave will not have a spiderman in it or the xmen wave have all f4 characters in it. The title characters has to be in it. No if and or buts.

So Chris Claremont's F4 run 😄

On 10/8/2021 at 7:51 AM, leokearon said:

He'll probably have a new look for this movie, so they can get more merchandise 

Yeah, he's supposed to have a more classic look. At the very least I'd assume for the movie we'll get Strange, Wong, Wanda and Chavez, just based on this promo art. Probably also Mordo, we got one back in 2016 but he's supposed to have a sizable role in the movie.E3C6R4gWUAExyb8.thumb.jpg.3f1c77a6ec2a8cf29955e945a4e2c03e.jpg  

On 10/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Yeah, he's supposed to have a more classic look. At the very least I'd assume for the movie we'll get Strange, Wong, Wanda and Chavez, just based on this promo art. Probably also Mordo, we got one back in 2016 but he's supposed to have a sizable role in the movie.E3C6R4gWUAExyb8.thumb.jpg.3f1c77a6ec2a8cf29955e945a4e2c03e.jpg  

Yeah, Mordo will probably also get a new look

On 10/8/2021 at 3:15 AM, Dabboi said:

"....As dumb as it sounds, this being a Doctor Strange movie and all, I have to assume that he won't actually be in the wave. Given that he's already in the Armadillo wave...."

That's like saying there can't be an Iron Man in an Iron Man wave, 'cause he was already in an Avengers wave.