Spider-Man Marvel Legends Shriek (Armadillo Build-A-Figure) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Spider-Man Marvel Legends Shriek (Armadillo Build-A-Figure) from Hasbro. This figure can be pre-ordered from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_01.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_02.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_03.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_04.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_05.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_06.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_07.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_08.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_09.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_10.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_11.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_12.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_13.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_14.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_15.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_16.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_17.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_18.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_19.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_20.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_21.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_22.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_23.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_24.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_25.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_26.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_27.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_28.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_29.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_30.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_31.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_32.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_33.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_34.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_35.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_36.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_37.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_38.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_39.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_40.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_41.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_42.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_43.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_44.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_45.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_46.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_47.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_48.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_49.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_50.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_51.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_52.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_53.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_54.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_55.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_56.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_57.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_58.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_59.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_60.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_61.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_62.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_63.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_64.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_65.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_66.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_67.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_68.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_69.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_70.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_71.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_72.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_73.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Shriek_Armadillo_Baf_By_ShartimusPrime_74.jpg

On 11/21/2021 at 4:22 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

"... This is a step in the right direction regarding the female figures...."

Its a long, long  time coming, considering that the line has been around for nearly 20 years. I've used this example over and over but I'm going to use it again- Legends has their Spider-Man, Captain America, and Thor body types. They readily understand the difference between them and other characters more or less like them, and they make the figures represent that. Therefore they need to do the same for the female figures. They are also not interchangeable, one-size fits all. The Shriek mold is a good start, lets see some variations on that. Is that the same mold to use for Misty Knight? What about Moon Dragon? The most recent She-Hulk mold is outstanding, so shouldn't that be a good base for the Valkyrie (classic) or Thundra? 

And no, I'm not saying they need to do a whole new series of female bucks. The Angela one was great, the Odin BAF Scarlet Witch was too (though the calves were far too spindly). Of course the Ms.Marvel/Gamora/Rogue should be in the running as well. So just a little more care, and it'll all be better than ever. 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:46 PM, Atlantis said:

Its a long, long  time coming, considering that the line has been around for nearly 20 years. I've used this example over and over but I'm going to use it again- Legends has their Spider-Man, Captain America, and Thor body types. They readily understand the difference between them and other characters more or less like them, and they make the figures represent that. Therefore they need to do the same for the female figures. They are also not interchangeable, one-size fits all. The Shriek mold is a good start, lets see some variations on that. Is that the same mold to use for Misty Knight? What about Moon Dragon? The most recent She-Hulk mold is outstanding, so shouldn't that be a good base for the Valkyrie (classic) or Thundra? 

And no, I'm not saying they need to do a whole new series of female bucks. The Angela one was great, the Odin BAF Scarlet Witch was too (though the calves were far too spindly). Of course the Ms.Marvel/Gamora/Rogue should be in the running as well. So just a little more care, and it'll all be better than ever. 

Yeah, they're definitely taking baby steps forward instead of making strides but at least they're slowly getting there. I absolutely agree that this buck is great but it isn't going to fit every character. We need some variation and I really hope they figure that out. As you say, it's been 20 years and they still haven't quite gotten the ladies right. I really hope we get a waist swivel one of these days. There has to be a way to make that happen.

On 11/22/2021 at 3:00 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Yeah, they're definitely taking baby steps forward instead of making strides but at least they're slowly getting there. I absolutely agree that this buck is great but it isn't going to fit every character. We need some variation and I really hope they figure that out. As you say, it's been 20 years and they still haven't quite gotten the ladies right. I really hope we get a waist swivel one of these days. There has to be a way to make that happen.

Yes. For forever, the notion was they couldn't do double elbow/bicep swivel, it was impossible, blah blah, but turns out it was absolutely doable. I don't see why a waist swivel can't be done either. Hasbro was able to do it for the GI Joe Lady Jaye. Not just the design team, but many collectors themselves seem to have some kind of mental paralysis kick in when it comes to female figures; they have a self-imposed "restriction", along with a "its good enough" attitude which just results in many of them being sub-par.

One area they are excelling in for the females are the faces (if you don't count the Sue Richards fiasco). I hope they continue. 

This new buck is really great! It will be interesting to see which characters are slated to be re-done with this buck. Since they said the Toybiz Anniversary figures would be around 12 in total, I looked back over all of the figures TB produced, and it is amazing to see how many have already been re-done by Hasbro, or are slated to be re-done in the next year.  The Toybiz figs I could see being re-done (either within the Anniversary line, or elsewhere) would be Angel, Iron Fist, Powerman, Beta Ray Bill,  Daredevil, Warbird, Ant-Man, Blackheart, Vengeance, Namor (with the vest), Longshot, Marvel Monsters, Lizard, Jigsaw, Baron Strucker... and Cyclops, Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, Beast, Black Widow, and Ghost Rider since it has been a while since they re-did these.  Amazing to think those are the only ones they haven't re-done yet (or in a while). Gotta hand it to Hasbro for really delivering for fans. 

Spidey is getting great representation of his Rogues gallery. Not sure anyone gets more villains in a Legends form.

not familiar with Shriek, is her costume low plunging and her chest is exposed or is that supposed to be white fabric (or Symbiote goo, ) as opposed to the same color being used on her face? 

Great sculpting, love how Hasbro makes characters look different and real as opposed to the old days when a lot of them looked the same and not very realistic

On 11/22/2021 at 11:31 PM, McHogan said:

Spidey is getting great representation of his Rogues gallery. Not sure anyone gets more villains in a Legends form.

not familiar with Shriek, is her costume low plunging and her chest is exposed or is that supposed to be white fabric (or Symbiote goo, ) as opposed to the same color being used on her face? 

Great sculpting, love how Hasbro makes characters look different and real as opposed to the old days when a lot of them looked the same and not very realistic

She is the lover of Carnage, she is a mutant with sonic screams and sonic harness abilites and the power to minipulate emotions, the only fabric is the black of the costume (and some black on face etc is make-up or markings) as she has stark chalk white skin, not sure why (it was never explained), but probably part of her mutation, much like Domino, which she resembles in a way (or like Sinister, Omega Red etc), as some mutants have blue skin, or purple she is one of the snow white skinned kind.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:55 PM, Atlantis said:

Yes. For forever, the notion was they couldn't do double elbow/bicep swivel, it was impossible, blah blah, but turns out it was absolutely doable. I don't see why a waist swivel can't be done either. Hasbro was able to do it for the GI Joe Lady Jaye. Not just the design team, but many collectors themselves seem to have some kind of mental paralysis kick in when it comes to female figures; they have a self-imposed "restriction", along with a "its good enough" attitude which just results in many of them being sub-par.

One area they are excelling in for the females are the faces (if you don't count the Sue Richards fiasco). I hope they continue. 

Absolutely, the face sculpts have been phenomenal. The Sue Storm in the Walgreens wave is legitimately beautiful so I can almost look the new one over. I agree about the "its good enough" sentiment.  I'm not sure if it was the Toybiz days that brought that on or what but it does usually seem half-hearted. It just blows my mind that new lines like Classified and Lightning Collection have already done more for their female characters than Marvel.

On 11/23/2021 at 11:41 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Absolutely, the face sculpts have been phenomenal. The Sue Storm in the Walgreens wave is legitimately beautiful so I can almost look the new one over. I agree about the "its good enough" sentiment.  I'm not sure if it was the Toybiz days that brought that on or what but it does usually seem half-hearted. It just blows my mind that new lines like Classified and Lightning Collection have already done more for their female characters than Marvel.

Shame the Lightning Collection still needs to o some work on their female character faces