Marvel Legends Excalibur Team 3-Pack (Captain Britain, Meggan And Shadowcat) Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Today I take a look at the new Marvel Legends Excalibur Team (Captain Britain, Meggan And Shadowcat) 3-Pack from Hasbro. This set is sold as a Pulse exclusive.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 00.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 28.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 30.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 31.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 32.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 33.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 34.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 35.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 36.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 37.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 38.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 39.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 40.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 41.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset 43.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Excalibur-Boxset.jpg

Agree about Meggan looking weird but sadly I doubt we ever gonna have another take at her, I even have planned possible face swap for her, also Cap Britain seems too nice to pass on or at least that costume is too iconic that makes less than impressive pin body not as problematic. if this set goes on some kind of sale I will be very tempted to get it. Btw, video had weird changes in quality it would go from very low resolution to very sharp HD quality and then back again to low res, wonder whats up with this.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:45 AM, Reno said:

I bought this 3-pack primarily for Meggan but ended up liking both Captain Britain and Shadowcat more than I expected. It's very well done! Now I'm waiting for the X-Force 3-pack which is supposedly en route.

I bought mine for Captain Britain (which is fantastic), but I love the other two more than I thought I would.  You will love the X-Force 3-Pack - AGAIN, so much better in hand than in the pics.  Now can the Skrulls, and Shield Agents get here already?! 

On 12/27/2021 at 12:28 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I bought mine for Captain Britain (which is fantastic), but I love the other two more than I thought I would.  You will love the X-Force 3-Pack - AGAIN, so much better in hand than in the pics.  Now can the Skrulls, and Shield Agents get here already?! 

You're absolutely right. That X-Force 3 pack arrived today and it's great. The real want from this for me was Rictor, but that Cannonball is better than either of the other that Hasbro has given us and I plan to use that Domino as Copycat. I'm very, very happy with both of these 3-packs!

On 12/26/2021 at 5:51 PM, SpiderS said:

"...Agree about Meggan looking weird but sadly I doubt we ever gonna have another take at her, I even have planned possible face swap for her..."

For once I'm gonna have to defend the Legends team here 'cause I don't know what else they could've done with Meggan....she is usually depicted as smiling (when she's not going thru some turmoil), so thats correct. I agree that is a big off putting, seeing it constantly but again not sure how else they would do it (I can see though how this could ruin the whole thing for Jay; I felt the same way about  Dormammu... the lack of the yellow eyes and mouth just make him almost unrecognizable. Amazingly ridiculous considering that they even showed his promo shots and renditions with the correct eyes and mouth he's always had). I also think Captain Britain's boots would look better in a darker navy blue.
Good review; I have this box set but never pulled Shadowcat out. Rachel Summers is not a figure I really have to have, but she's part of this core group, and not including her was silly. Team said they couldn't get her ready in time? Fine, then don't do the rest until she is.
They also screwed up Alpha Flight by not including Marrina. Foolishness.

I think Meggan looks fantastic, personally. Her feet are a little weirdly large, but her face doesn’t bother me one bit. Kitty’s hair is a little annoying, and Brian’s helmet being depicted as a more form-fitting mask is also a little irksome, but neither is a huge deal.

Meanwhile, on the X-Force front, Rictor is incredible. He’s another one that got an uncharacteristic level of attention to detail. His boots are so stupid! I love them. My one gripe is the way they handled the ‘X’ emblem on his chest. I feel like there had to be a better way to break that across the diaphragm joint. Domino’s mask is somehow more annoying than it looked like it would be, but her face looks better than expected. Cannonball? Well, he sure does have legs this time.

On 12/28/2021 at 7:30 AM, Atlantis said:
For once I'm gonna have to defend the Legends team here 'cause I don't know what else they could've done with Meggan....she is usually depicted as smiling (when she's not going thru some turmoil), so thats correct. I agree that is a big off putting, seeing it constantly but again not sure how else they would do it (I can see though how this could ruin the whole thing for Jay; I felt the same way about  Dormammu... the lack of the yellow eyes and mouth just make him almost unrecognizable. Amazingly ridiculous considering that they even showed his promo shots and renditions with the correct eyes and mouth he's always had). I also think Captain Britain's boots would look better in a darker navy blue.
Good review; I have this box set but never pulled Shadowcat out. Rachel Summers is not a figure I really have to have, but she's part of this core group, and not including her was silly. Team said they couldn't get her ready in time? Fine, then don't do the rest until she is.
They also screwed up Alpha Flight by not including Marrina. Foolishness.

They could have done her with closed mouth Smile? Anyway I will try to attempt getting another Tigra head and painting it in skin color. 

spacer.png

I love this set, it’s a random out of field 3 pack that I was not expecting but happily glad to have. Just need a Rachel now and we have a team complete! Cap looks really good glad they gave us two options for the heads, really loving that blonde beard! As for Meegan I think she’s really good as well, no complaints as far as her body, double jointed would have been nice. But her head sculpt is nice the classic smile but I would have liked to have an extra head (maybe make the hair removable? So we could just have a more beautiful or slightly angry face perhaps? 

same thing with Kitty extra head where she’s not smiling so much would be nice. She’s a great figure overall and I love the smiles but when they are in a fight scene a non smiling face would be nice. 

On 12/28/2021 at 7:08 PM, Falls22 said:

I love this set, it’s a random out of field 3 pack that I was not expecting but happily glad to have. Just need a Rachel now and we have a team complete! Cap looks really good glad they gave us two options for the heads, really loving that blonde beard! As for Meegan I think she’s really good as well, no complaints as far as her body, double jointed would have been nice. But her head sculpt is nice the classic smile but I would have liked to have an extra head (maybe make the hair removable? So we could just have a more beautiful or slightly angry face perhaps? 

same thing with Kitty extra head where she’s not smiling so much would be nice. She’s a great figure overall and I love the smiles but when they are in a fight scene a non smiling face would be nice. 

Agreed here, I want to have no complaints about Meg, she has been a figure I have dreamed of getting forever, but I do wish we could have had more then one head, Kitty I can deal with, but that Meggan smile is a bit over the top..and she can't really be put in any display positions that are not exclusively happy, like way too happy, elated..like she is having a really wonderful day, pretty sure when she's fighting a villain that's not gonna work.

On 12/29/2021 at 6:17 AM, Emnems80 said:

Got this set in the mail the other day but still haven't opened it. All will be going in my Excalibur team display. But now I need to figure out what to do with that modern Captain Britain figure 🤔

You could place him with your secret Avengers. He’s in like the perfect costume for it. Black boots and all. 

On 12/29/2021 at 2:36 PM, Falls22 said:

You could place him with your secret Avengers. He’s in like the perfect costume for it. Black boots and all. 

Oh hey good call on that, despite the fact he actually wore the custom he is wearing in this excalibur set really..with black boots, but excellent display Idea, don't have to huck that modern cap brit into a bin! (hey I still like that cap)

On 12/29/2021 at 6:43 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh hey good call on that, despite the fact he actually wore the custom he is wearing in this excalibur set really..with black boots, but excellent display Idea, don't have to huck that modern cap brit into a bin! (hey I still like that cap)

Oh yeah that’s right, I forgot. Oh well, but still it’d be a nice place to put him because even though he’s like super bulky I still like that figure. I think this new one from the 3 pack is the upgrade we needed, but can’t just forget about a figure like that. 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:42 PM, Falls22 said:

Oh yeah that’s right, I forgot. Oh well, but still it’d be a nice place to put him because even though he’s like super bulky I still like that figure. I think this new one from the 3 pack is the upgrade we needed, but can’t just forget about a figure like that. 

No I agree, I like that older modern figure, I had no problems with it, I was one of those people who was just going to be content with that as my Cap Brit, but then this new more excellent version came along and I had to have it, but I don't want to say goodbye to that old one, so yeah he has a place regardless, seceret avenges seems like a good place, since we actually can build some of that display up.....however..

since that old figure is his look from New Excalibur comic run, you could toss him in a display with Juggy and Dazzler,...welp since those are the only two members of that we currently got, but it could be a cool reason for someone to have both 80th jugs and BAF jugs on display and Outback Dazzler and Disco, or maybe just pretend one day we might get figs for Pete Wisdom, Nocturne and Sage..maybe, as justification for keeping it around

hashtag save the old figures!

On 12/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, Emnems80 said:

Got this set in the mail the other day but still haven't opened it. All will be going in my Excalibur team display. But now I need to figure out what to do with that modern Captain Britain figure 🤔

Start a Captain Britain corps display.

I'll say it again (because it clearly bears repeating): RACHEL SUMMERS. Rachel Grey Summers. Prestige. Phoenix II. Hound and Mother. 

I don't hate this: what's here is really good.  Captain Britain is (genuinely) a quality upgrade, which looks a lot better than his ML predecessor, and has more comic-verisimilitude in a line-up of X-Men. Shadowcat (which sold this box to me in a 'BUY ME! BUY ME! BUY ME!!' kinda way) is a nostalgia overdose - I have been literally dying to have this character in ANY decent plastic form since 1984. But, I have been saddened by the fact that AOA Shadowcat is a better, cooler figure in every way (if you don't ponder the odd facial expression too much) and a more definitive Kitty. And speaking of odd facial expressions...Meggan. But, actually, it's okay: it's comic accurate (well, Alan Davis comic accurate) and if it's a choice of this or no Meggan figure, then this is fine. 

This boxset is like a bikini: what you see is great, but what's hidden - or not offered - is infinitely better. Beat that for an analogy.

The bar was high because Hasbro's X-Men related 3-packs have been amazingly good. The Cyclops / Wolverine/ Jean Grey set is still an excellent example of fan-pleasing, quality multipacks using done-to-death characters in interesting new ways whilst this year's X-Force 3-way corrects a truly horrible and unforgivable single figure release (Cannonball) and adds two nice new dork-pleasing figures. I've got nothing but good things to say about those.

Conversely, the Amazon Exclusive Wolverine boxset really was a 2-pack shoved into a 5-pack (did anyone buy that for figures other than Cyber or Callisto? Maybe Wyngarde for Hellfire fetishists out there?) and, correspondingly, got the love it deserved.

The Excalibur set is not like that, but I can't help thinking that a REAL Excalibur boxset would have, like, all team members in it (or at least, those not currently immortalised as Marvel Legends) and been loved MORE because it did. Nightcrawler could be included with zero changes and I'm pretty sure people could live with a spike-free Phoenix II (on the Firestar body, fr'instance) and if it was a case of getting a swap head for Brian (which is a questionable deal breaker) or a fiery, Phoenix-effect alt head for Rachel, wouldn't we go for that? Seriously, that's not rhetorical.

And, at a time when comic z-listers like Darwin or Frog-man or Spymaster are all viable options for standard assortments, I'm somewhat baffled that Phoenix II has never been part of any X-Men related assortment other than the creaky old Brood Queen BAF wave Marvel Girl version(s).

The last time I remarked upon this, someone quoted something vague that the Hasbro team said in a reveal session, and said, "Of course they'll do Rachel Summers! Of course! Hasbro said so." Yeah, when?

Now, we've got ML X-Men figures so obscure I have to wiki half of every new assortment, and yeah,  I know that some degree of personal preference is involved, but the fact that Maggott, Thunderbird, Moira McTaggert, in-patient Legion and hot claws Wolverine have all pipped Phoenix II to the post - seems a bit 'wack'.

I jumped at the chance to get Cap Brit and he turned out excellent. Extra head, hands and sword are just icing.

pleasantly surprised how much I like the girls exactly as I remember them from the early issues of Excalibur. Like everyone else here I want the Hound version of Rachel and I can put another team to bed. 

The nightcrawler we already got is perfect so no need to include him again.. though could see them having made a partially translucent one to represent his BAMF.. 

On 12/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, LandoTucker said:

Conversely, the Amazon Exclusive Wolverine boxset really was a 2-pack shoved into a 5-pack (did anyone buy that for figures other than Cyber or Callisto? Maybe Wyngarde for Hellfire fetishists out there?) and, correspondingly, got the love it deserved.

Errrrr... I was “that” guy that got the set for Wolverine. 

Before anyone laughs in my general direction the original plan was to split the set with a buddy but he bailed and the set inexplicably got released months before it was originally supposed to. He was taking everyone but Wolverine and I had a prime account. Haha repeating this out loud it was never a good plan.

Callisto, and Cyber turned out really nice. May keep them or do some minor part swapping to create other characters. Wyngarde is cool but needs the others ( passed on the Hellfire Club Set... seeing a disturbing pattern here..) 

anyway, I was in for $20 but ended up dolling out the full $117 ( Amazon Key discount). But hey, Legends.. supporting my hobby