Marvel Legends Retro Collection Vision (White Version) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

GeekHangover takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Retro Collection Vision (White Version) from Hasbro Toys.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_001.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_002.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_003.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_004.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_005.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_006.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_007.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_008.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_009.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_010.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_011.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_012.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_013.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_014.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_015.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_016.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_017.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_018.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_019.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_020.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_021.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_022.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_023.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_024.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_025.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_026.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_027.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_028.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_029.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_030.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_031.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_032.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_033.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_034.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_035.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_036.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_037.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_038.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_039.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_040.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_041.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_042.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_043.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_044.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_045.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_046.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_047.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_048.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_049.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_050.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_051.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_052.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_053.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_054.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_055.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_056.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_057.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_058.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_059.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_060.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_061.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_062.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_063.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_064.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_065.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_066.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_067.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_068.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_069.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_070.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_071.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_072.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_073.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_074.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_075.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_076.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_077.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_078.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_079.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_080.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_081.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_082.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_083.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_084.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_085.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_086.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_087.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_088.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_089.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_090.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_091.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_092.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_093.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_094.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_095.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_096.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_097.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_098.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_099.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_GeekHangover_100.jpg

I don't know what it is about this figure but I'm not really a fan, and it surpirses me because I forever really wanted them to re release a white comic vision, since I had a like for that 3 pack version that was somewhat clear, but this one just doesn't hit right, I'm still on the fence about getting this one, it seems so bland. the Clearish with the black that was the 3 pack was just so much more interesting, this figure desperately needed a gray wash or something  it's an overpriced lump of white plastic.

On 1/2/2022 at 1:19 PM, RyanDaly said:

I hate what John Byrne did on West Coast Avengers. He ruined the Vision to such a degree that the character has never fully recovered. Needless to say, this is an easy pass.

Yeah, it was awful what he did to Vision and Wanda and all because he didn't understand the Vision.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, RyanDaly said:

I hate what John Byrne did on West Coast Avengers. He ruined the Vision to such a degree that the character has never fully recovered. Needless to say, this is an easy pass.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, leokearon said:

Yeah, it was awful what he did to Vision and Wanda and all because he didn't understand the Vision.

I have so much ambivalence about John Byrne. Amazing talent, huge artistic inspiration for me as a kid, but man...what he did to Alpha Flight. Never forgave him for that. Imagine if Stan Lee at the start of Avengers went all Snuff film and started killing off major characters just to get his juices flowing?? Imagine Captain America killed after only 12 freaking issues! 

Sigh, any how, yeah, I have no attachment to this version of Viz other than he's classic. I'll likely get it for the hands, because the white plastic will be perfect to paint for the Retro style Vision (which they really should have given gesturing hands!)

The feet on this one is also a head scratcher. The bare feet they used for Namor ( flat bottom) make more sense, but instead they used the same rounded/ no peg hole) they used the first time around. Makes this figure hard to stand. And that cape... just poorly implemented..

but... the stark white is miles better than the first attempt where he looks icy.. not a great figure but again, better than their first try and will look good on a flight stand so will be looking for this guy along with the other retro carded Avengers wave

On 1/2/2022 at 7:44 AM, leokearon said:

Years back, Byrne wrote on his blog that he considered the Vision to be a "walking toaster"; couldn't grasp the idea of him having feelings, getting married, etc. He underscored that by purposefully making it clear (with White Vision) that that kind of thing would be impossible. However, he either didn't know or didn't care that in the Vision's very first appearance, Goliath (Dr. Henry Pym) examined him thoroughly and stated: "According to my examination, he's every inch a Human Being...except all of his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials". When Ultron was trying to revive the original Human Torch ( to use as the base material for the Vision) he admitted to being confounded, because the Torch wasn't a "robot" in the usual sense; Ultron was used to circuits, wires, "plastic tubes and microchips", to borrow from Oingo Boingo.

And while I can agree with Byrne that Vision and Scarlet Witch having actual kids was a bit too far ( I can't see his synthetic blood making seminal fluid that could be compatible enough to fertilize a human ova), those were created out of Wanda's magic (and that whole convoluted Mephisto-soul thing).

On 1/3/2022 at 4:31 PM, Atlantis said:

Years back, Byrne wrote on his blog that he considered the Vision to be a "walking toaster"; couldn't grasp the idea of him having feelings, getting married, etc. He underscored that by purposefully making it clear (with White Vision) that that kind of thing would be impossible. However, he either didn't know or didn't care that in the Vision's very first appearance, Goliath (Dr. Henry Pym) examined him thoroughly and stated: "According to my examination, he's every inch a Human Being...except all of his bodily organs are constructed of synthetic materials". When Ultron was trying to revive the original Human Torch ( to use as the base material for the Vision) he admitted to being confounded, because the Torch wasn't a "robot" in the usual sense; Ultron was used to circuits, wires, "plastic tubes and microchips", to borrow from Oingo Boingo.

And while I can agree with Byrne that Vision and Scarlet Witch having actual kids was a bit too far ( I can't see his synthetic blood making seminal fluid that could be compatible enough to fertilize a human ova), those were created out of Wanda's magic (and that whole convoluted Mephisto-soul thing).

Oh boy were those interesting times. I hated the whole white Vision / Evil Wanda Thing at first. The Wanda thing still but I did come around on Vision as a back to basics White ghostly version. Not my favorite version but he does hold a place of affection in my comic collecting years. 

I think the thing I hated most about Byrnes Avengers run was the title change he implemented on all Avengers books. The West Coast Avengers ( cool, fun, breezy, great logo) became Avengers West Coast ( unfun, too proper, decidedly less cool sounding, sterile cold logo) Solo Avengers became Avengers Spotlight ( ok this one was ok, Solo Avengers seems contradictory). Small complaint for sure but I had always loved the ring of the WCA.. 

This was however, an amazing era of comics for the Avengers. I miss those days when stories had long lasting ( I mean YEARS) consequences and characters had actual development ( good or bad) We were spoiled on Avengers as we got Stern, Byrne, Gruenwald back to back to back..good times 

On 1/3/2022 at 9:31 PM, Atlantis said:

My personal head canon has always been that the Vision should be able have kids after all he is every inch a Human Being and Jim Hammond can donate blood. It's just Ultron dummied out the code from his programming since he didn't need his assassin to make out with Scarlet Clad Witches.