New Thor: Love And Thunder Movie Images Surface Online Revealing New Looks For Thor, Jane Foster And Valkyrie

JayC

New concept art has surfaced online giving us a look at Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) new looks for the upcoming Thor: Love And Thunder movie.

Also shown is an image from the set featuring Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie in her new outfit for the movie.

I would imagine we will be seeing all three of these showing up in Hasbro's Marvel Legends line sometime next year. Right now the movie is slated with a July 8, 2022 release date.

Hmm, i do dig Valkyrie's new look she looks awesome.

Though i may like the MCU, can't say Thor is my favorite and I'm not sure if i may like Thor/Jane as well, but i do confess i kinda miss Thor being fat 😆 or at least i was ok with that look.

I like this armor for Thor. It's new and different from everything else and I like his look as well. I'm glad his back in shape and that his long hair wasn't just a one time thing for endgame. Gold with blue can be a tricky colour combination to get looking right, but I think it'll look good in the movie. 

I'm into Valkyrie's new look as well. The way that this looks more like MCU Asgardian wardrobe than what we've previously seen her with, is fitting now that she's a queen. 

Jane's look is nice and a cool translation of a comic book look into live action, but I never really cared about Foster's Thor run so I'm not going crazy for her taking the mantle in the new movie. Also what's up with the shattered Mjolnir she's holding? Food for thought, I guess. 

PS. For God's sake Hasbro, give Thor a proper Stormbreaker this time. I'm tired of the miniatures of an actual massive Battle Axe, they've been giving him. 

Thor’s new suit looks great. I’m loving the blue and gold. Valkyrie looks pretty good too, a lot more comic accurate with the cones and a lot closer to typical Asgardians royalty dress. Jane looks pretty much spot on to the comics, I never really cared much for her as Thor, but she looks good and I’m curious how Mjolnir gets reformed. Definitely excited for the wave, my guess is it’ll consist of these 3, Gorr, some other MCU character like one of the GOTG or another Asgardian, and a couple comic characters.

On 1/4/2022 at 9:57 AM, JohnF said:

PS. For God's sake Hasbro, give Thor a proper Stormbreaker this time. I'm tired of the miniatures of an actual massive Battle Axe, they've been giving him

What are you talking about? All 3 Stormbreakers so far are properly sized for a 1:12 fantasy figure, and the last 2 are screen accurate. Any bigger is cartoonier. Have you ever seen a battle axe or hammer? They’re not nearly as big as this, those things are heavy. This kind of weapon is not designed to be historically accurate in any way, I know, but as it currently is, it’s already cool on the shelf

On 1/4/2022 at 7:54 AM, MightyThorness said:

So Jane can have her actual costume from the comics WITH HER HELMET but THE TRUE THOR doesn't get to have a comic accurate costume or HIS HELMET that's just  wrong!!! I've been wanting Thor to where his Helmet since the first Thor movie where he had it for barely one scene !! 

Right?? That never made ANY sense. Thor's helmet is his iconic look! Its just ridiculous for him to not wear it. 

Jane Thor is very cool but haven’t had enough exposure to know if I’m a fan of her character. But big fan of Portman so I’m sure I’ll be a fan after this movie.

valkyrie is bad a$$ and has gotten a better costume in every appearance. Tessa Thompson is beautiful, she makes a stunning Asgardian. Can’t wait to see her again.

not thrilled with Thor’s suit but it’s not the worst. Seems out of character. Guess we will see

On 1/4/2022 at 10:13 PM, memocromatico said:

What are you talking about? All 3 Stormbreakers so far are properly sized for a 1:12 fantasy figure, and the last 2 are screen accurate. Any bigger is cartoonier. Have you ever seen a battle axe or hammer? They’re not nearly as big as this, those things are heavy. This kind of weapon is not designed to be historically accurate in any way, I know, but as it currently is, it’s already cool on the shelf

Properly sized? I don't think so. Movie accurate, yes, the last two like you said, but still small for what they should be (didn't use the term battle axe for actual historical accuracy, as this is fiction and Stormbreaker isn't a regular battle axe and it's not supposed to be). If you pay attention to Stormbreaker in the movies, it's pretty massive. Hot Toys did a good job on translating Stormbreaker in action figure form and eventhough it's not 1:12 scale, it's what it's supposed to be for that Thor in that scale. The Hasbro one, not so much. 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:40 PM, JohnF said:

Properly sized? I don't think so. Movie accurate, yes, the last two like you said, but still small for what they should be (didn't use the term battle axe for actual historical accuracy, as this is fiction and Stormbreaker isn't a regular battle axe and it's not supposed to be). If you pay attention to Stormbreaker in the movies, it's pretty massive. Hot Toys did a good job on translating Stormbreaker in action figure form and eventhough it's not 1:12 scale, it's what it's supposed to be for that Thor in that scale. The Hasbro one, not so much. 

Matter of perspective I suppose. Doing a quick comparison on what Stormbreaker looks like on the Hot Toys and the 1:12 ML, I think both are properly scaled. I hope you get your wish granted, tho, I’ll probably skip any further Thors since I already have my favorite from Endgame 🙂 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:33 AM, memocromatico said:

Matter of perspective I suppose. Doing a quick comparison on what Stormbreaker looks like on the Hot Toys and the 1:12 ML, I think both are properly scaled. I hope you get your wish granted, tho, I’ll probably skip any further Thors since I already have my favorite from Endgame 🙂 

Yeah, the Endgame Thor is probably the best MCU Thor out there, from Hasbro that is.