Iron Man Marvel Legends Iron Man Model 70 Armor (Marvel's Controller BAF) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Erivera94 takes a look at the new Iron Man Marvel Legends Iron Man Model 70 Armor (Marvel's Controller BAF) from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_21.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_22.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_23.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_24.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_25.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_26.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_27.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_28.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_29.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_30.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_31.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_32.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_33.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_34.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Iron_Man_Model_70_Armor_Controller_BAF_By_Erivera94_35.jpg

The figure's decent, but I think the biggest misfires are the eyes and the color. The suit is supposed to be dark chrome, so it should've used a dark red and a paler gold. And if they wanted to go the extra mile, Hasbro could've applied that carbonized technique they have for Star Wars figures. I mean, Alex Ross' design notes on this figure literally say a key distinction is a reflective mirror finish.

The eye slits should be thinner. And another extra-mile effort would've been to include the eyes under the mask, another distinct feature of this armor. Hasbro did it for Iron Man 2020 and they do it for Doctor Doom figures, so it would've been doable.

I'm still happy that this figure got made. It's rare for Hasbro to make modern figures for a new look while the character is still sporting it. Alongside this wave's Thor and the House of X stuff, Hasbro seems to really be picking up the pace when it comes to making topical figures, and I'm happy for it.

I just wish this is how the armor looked like:

marvel_legends_model_70_fix.png

On 2/22/2022 at 10:47 PM, ADour said:

The figure's decent, but I think the biggest misfires are the eyes and the color. The suit is supposed to be dark chrome, so it should've used a dark red and a paler gold. And if they wanted to go the extra mile, Hasbro could've applied that carbonized technique they have for Star Wars figures. I mean, Alex Ross' design notes on this figure literally say a key distinction is a reflective mirror finish.

The eye slits should be thinner. And another extra-mile effort would've been to include the eyes under the mask, another distinct feature of this armor. Hasbro did it for Iron Man 2020 and they do it for Doctor Doom figures, so it would've been doable.

I'm still happy that this figure got made. It's rare for Hasbro to make modern figures for a new look while the character is still sporting it. Alongside this wave's Thor and the House of X stuff, Hasbro seems to really be picking up the pace when it comes to making topical figures, and I'm happy for it.

I just wish this is how the armor looked like:

marvel_legends_model_70_fix.png

And I would have bought that in a heartbeat instead of passing.

I hear you on showing the eyes under the mask, but Iron Man 2020 and retro Doom efforts looked really, really bad in that department. If this figure had a removable face-plate, so they could face-print, it would look incredible, but sticking a paint brush through the eye slits to smear some white paint with slightly less black paint on top of it probably isn't worth continuing to do.

On 2/25/2022 at 1:23 AM, Benn said:

I hear you on showing the eyes under the mask, but Iron Man 2020 and retro Doom efforts looked really, really bad in that department. If this figure had a removable face-plate, so they could face-print, it would look incredible, but sticking a paint brush through the eye slits to smear some white paint with slightly less black paint on top of it probably isn't worth continuing to do.

The visible eyes look great on the modern Doom headsculpt though. The process doesn't require to paint through the eye slits. Rather, the headsculpt has a framework where the eyes are sculpted and painted, and then the external layer of the face is added on top, with no need to make the faceplate removable. Hasbro also applied the same principle in a slightly different way on the Rage figure.

AVvXsEh0pNAJZopDIIi-2pcl-7_5DjTpVVqv6Gl6

Rage08.jpg

On 2/25/2022 at 2:29 PM, ADour said:

The visible eyes look great on the modern Doom headsculpt though. The process doesn't require to paint through the eye slits. Rather, the headsculpt has a framework where the eyes are sculpted and painted, and then the external layer of the face is added on top, with no need to make the faceplate removable. Hasbro also applied the same principle in a slightly different way on the Rage figure.

AVvXsEh0pNAJZopDIIi-2pcl-7_5DjTpVVqv6Gl6

Rage08.jpg

Those look freaky