Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Classic Sabretooth Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Classic Sabretooth figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Sabretooth-01.JPG

Sabretooth-02.JPG

Sabretooth-03.JPG

Sabretooth-04.JPG

Sabretooth-05.JPG

Sabretooth-06.JPG

Sabretooth-07.JPG

Sabretooth-08.JPG

Ehhhhh....man did Hasbro ever fuuuutz this! That stupid cartoony face....omg! And those hands....yes, the finger-gloves (Why Hasbro? Why???) but the size of them!! They're enormous....like cartoonishly stupidly enormous!! And they're not even in good clawing or swiping poses either; in fact they look rather non-chalant in their clawing/ swiping intensity, lol

Any how, I get the sense that Hasbro tried too hard here; it's like they were trying too hard to make him look really impressive, when all they had to do was keep it simple. Maybe they thought Sabertooth's original look wasn't cool or striking enough? Whatever the case, this was a major bucket-list character for me man and they just fuuuutzed it. On the positive side, minus the head, hands and feet, it's the perfect Classic Sabertooth, lol. I'll get him and customize him to perfection! 👌

Man, I would have preferred if Hasbro just updated the Apocalypse wave Sabretooth with the Omega Red body. This guy looks dumb and spindly. The grin looks weird and I think the body does not fit the character. The 2099 mold with the butterfly joints or the Vulcan mold would have been preferable. The Apocalypse wave version is still my favorite Sabretooth.

There have been a few characters that bum me out who look a little cartoony, both comic and MCU versions

Captain Marvel ( whoops, he was never called that: Mar-Vel,) Rage, the upcoming Viper (Madame Hydra, depending on when you read comics) the latest MCU Winter Soldier.. all look a little less realistic and more ‘artistic license-y) 

this Sabretooth though I think looks pretty decent. Outside of the bare bones costume, he looks pretty spot on from my recollection. The caveat being I really have zero interest in this character so I may be missing a few finer details in his presentation.

i do get a STONG Willem Defoe vibe from him

A lot about this figure is just bugging me, and seems off/wrong, the head, yes that face, way too cartoony, it has such a specific artists look, and none of it is nodding at the way Sabretooth looked in his first appearances, also the body, way too skinny, and those gloves and toeless socks, he had brown gloves back then Brown foot whatevers, this figure really not doing it for me, this could have been done wonderfully by applying the asthetics from the first appearance to the Apocalypse BAF wave figure at least, the Apocalypse Wave Sabretooth is still the best Hasbro has done yet, I'm sticking with that. Sad thing is so many people have been asking for a new Sabretooth and it's too bad this is the one they got, although here is to hoping there are people who like this.

This looks NOTHING like Sabertooth, certainly has nothing to do with either his first appearance back in Iron Fist, or the Toy Biz figure, any subsequent appearances. 

When I see this kind of thing, that's the product from a team that are supposedly made up of die-hard Marvel fans, I have to wonder. With maybe the exception of Captain America, this whole "Toybiz tribute Marvel Legends 20th" has just been all over the place; the choices for costumes, the silly postcards, these ridiculous faces, and the outrageous price hikes. 

I'm only getting the Havok and maybe Vulcan from this wave (and Vulcan only because of the new buck). They couldn't bother to do right by Siryn, Wolverine's a solid figure but let's face it, theyr' gonna d so the actual Astonishing outfit before long so this one's not necessary, and Sabertooth is just such a joke that he's a hard pass.  

I dunno. I think the body is pretty accurate for his early Iron Fist and Spider-man appearances. I don't mind the Reaper mold but I do hope they get around to giving it the redo treatment they gave to the Bucky Cap mold (basically meaning butterfly joints). What really kills this thing is the face sculpt. It's just a head scratcher. There is no resource material that I, or anyone, have been able to find to base this look on. The comparison to Willem Dafoe is right on. It's weird. I haven't seen anyone try a head swap, but it's not like any of the previous versions look all that good anyway. Alas, poor Sabes looks like he's damned to never see a proper action figure. I'll just bag him up next to all my Silver Surfer figures, which incidentally shoulda been done on this buck. Well at least they tried a few different bucks with Sabretooth. All they do with SS is keep giving him sh**tier paint jobs on the same undersized buck.