Marvel Legends U.S. Agent (Classic) (Marvel's Controller Build-A-Figure) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends U.S. Agent (Classic) (Marvel's Controller Build-A-Figure) from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_US_Agent_Classic_Controller_BAF_By_Dan88w_21.jpg

Finally a new Comic US Agent, I like what they did here, although the face sculpt seems somewhat dated when put next to 20th Cap, they could have given him a more improved look, but other then that I'm really happy to finally get this figure re-done after all of this time, obviously Walker technically should be a bit taller then Steve, but I'm not going to fret, I wouldn't have expected them to take that into consideration.

I dunno about this figure, it's a disappointment for me, we are getting really good figures for the most part but this ain't it. This figure makes me realize how bad the arms on this figure are, they aren't muscular enough and are improperly attached to the shoulder, shoulders should bulge out while this figure has no such thing, you can notice a difference in these pics too when you see how much better Bucky Cap arms look. The Head they made also seems way too big which makes the body look even smaller. Box art (again) shows what U.S.Agent should have looked like. I wonder if this figure can be remedied with new arms and a smaller head, maybe a head swap with an older figure can be of some benefit.

spacer.png

I like this buck alright, but it will be nice when they finally get around to doing same sized buck with butterfly shoulders so they can stop doing crap like Surfer and Firelord on that idiotic Sunfire buck.

The thing about this buck is, much like the Juggernaut buck, it looks really odd in the "at attention" straight up and down stance. It almost has the outline of those ridiculous 3.75 inaction figures. Dan Who will straight out admit that he's terrible at posing figures so pretty much all he does is the straight up and down, but if you look at previewers that are better at posing this figure certainly looks a lot better.

Great review!

Problems: He’s not big enough . Should’ve been on the Hercules body. Walker is supposed to be at least a head taller than Cap and wider.

The stripes need work . Could’ve been tapered down towards belt to get rid of the misalignment at the ab crunch. Last stripe above belt isn’t the same size as the rest .

Hate the outer shield ring color. Should be black.  

Pass. Yet another much-anticipated figure, that winds up being kind of a let down. Another relatively simple one to do, just following the tweaks pointed out here in the thread, but somehow the team missed the mark. My advice is to save your money, and see what they do for the next Cap wave (or who knows, they may decide to do a WC Avengers set of some kind). 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:42 AM, Biggbubb said:

Great review!

Problems: He’s not big enough . Should’ve been on the Hercules body. Walker is supposed to be at least a head taller than Cap and wider.

The stripes need work . Could’ve been tapered down towards belt to get rid of the misalignment at the ab crunch. Last stripe above belt isn’t the same size as the rest .

Hate the outer shield ring color. Should be black.  

Ya that’s a big miss — definitely should’ve used that body or even the Odinson mold would’ve been better than this. And also not a fan of the torso deco being a straight up rectangle vs the classic trapezoid shape.

My theory: this will retroactively become Steve Rodgers agent from when he donned the costume  (hence the blue eyes and same body as all the Cap legends). The plan is to release a beefier, more accurate Walker USAgent fig under the West Coast Avengers retro card back line and get all the fans to buy it who didn’t want to miss out on the character, so they caved and bought this, less accurate release. I bet the same will happen with Havok, all of a sudden the bone breaker wave becomes “modern costume” Havok then they’ll sell us a retro backed one with while chest graphic and silver collar. 

Yes the last ring on the shield should be black. Said as much when they dropped the first look. I have no idea why they went with the color they did. Reminds me of the way they didn’t quite get Dr Strange..just off enough so we will all buy them again when they do get them accurate 

The head is way to big, same issue that the Cap Wolf figure. The new Agent also looks right size-wise against the old Agent in the way Agent should be bigger than Cap. 

I don’t mind the chest logo, the trapezoid shape only lasted as long as Byrne drew it that way. 

Overall, I’m excited to get The Agent but this isn’t the definitive version I was hoping for. Though it is miles better than the too thin Hit Monkey version.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:59 PM, McHogan said:

"...Yes the last ring on the shield should be black. Said as much when they dropped the first look. I have no idea why they went with the color they did. Reminds me of the way they didn’t quite get Dr Strange...just off enough so we will all buy them again when they do get them accurate ...Overall, I’m excited to get The Agent but this isn’t the definitive version I was hoping for...."

Again, this is why I say save your money, and see what they do for the next Cap wave (or who knows, they may decide to do a WC Avengers set of some kind).

This may sound like I have a negative tone, and yes, I do. Because hasbro is counting on panic and fomo to dupe people into buying these "off" version so they can double-dip when they do the real thing. We have the power to say No.

There are figures that probably won't get a do-over in the next 5 years or so, but this guy isn't one of them. Hasta.