New Character And Promotional Posters For Thor: Love And Thunder

Outsiders

Check out the wide selection of character posters and promotional posters for Thor: Love and Thunder, hitting theaters on July 8th.

The film finds Thor (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey, unlike anything he's ever faced -- a quest for inner peace. But his retirement is interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi), and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who -- to Thor's surprise -- inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, as the Mighty Thor. Together, they embark upon a harrowing cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the God Butcher's vengeance and stop him before it’s too late.

Thor: Love and Thunder stars Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, Tessa Thompson, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, Taika Waititi, Pom Klementieff, Dave Bautista, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Jeff Goldblum, Jaimie Alexander, Russell Crowe, Sam Neill, Melissa McCarthy, Matt Damon, Luke Hemsworth

thor_love_and_thunder_ver4_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver5_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver6_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver7_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver8_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver9_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver10_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver11_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver12_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver13_xlg.jpg

thor_love_and_thunder_ver14_xlg.jpg

I apperciate these posters going so retro, they got some good feels, that filmed for IMAX poster almost is Frazetta-esqe , so nice to see posters that don't look like an A.I. or algorithm using photo shop made, although they probably did Ha.

Really didn't give us that much reason to see or not see it. Guess we got a little better look at Gorr, but he's pretty toned down, as we knew he'd be. It doesn't look all that bad, but as we know, the trailer usually has the best parts. I'm gonna see it either way, because Hemsworth is Thor and this may be one of the last few times we see him reprise the role. Whether it turns out good remains to be seen. The best thing is there are a few stinkers that it can't possibly be worse than if anyone is able to pull off Lady Thor it's Natalie Portman. Assuming she doesn't just mail it in like she did in The Dark World.

• 3 weeks later...
Disney's Thor: Love And Thunder opened in theaters this weekend with an impressive $143 million North America debut at the box office. Thor: Ragnarok opened in 2017 with an opening weekend of $123 million.

Thor: Love And Thunder has had the third largest opening for 2022 so far following behind "Jurassic World: Dominion” ($145 million) and “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” ($185 million).

Internationally the movie has opened in 47 markets and brought in $159 million putting the total box office take at $302 million.

Saw this last Thursday. Hemsworth clearly is enjoying himself and Portman is a lot of fun too. A little surprised by the heavy tone of certain parts ( when you see it you will know what I mean) but overall another fun Thor movie.

i didn’t really like the way Zeus is portrayed but I guess that’s the directors take. 

Gorr is one note but that’s been the story for most of Thor’s movie villains. This is my first exposure to Gorr so had no expectations. Not that Bale does a bad job, he is actually quite great as usual, just motivations etc.. never really took him as a threat to Thor. Either one.

This did drift past light-hearted into downright goofy way more so than Ragnarok did but again, as long as Hemsworth is having fun and wants to continue being Thor I’ll take it. He has always impressed me how he takes a serious ( my opinion from his comic  stories) character like Thor and is able to bring comedy, drama, ass kicking to make one of the best all around characters in the MCU. 

Yeah Saw Love & Thunder Today, I gotta say it's starting to feel like the MCU is getting very lost, this movie felt rushed, it had heart but it all felt so disposable, wasn't really moved by the romance or the emotional aspects, it felt hollow, the movie felt so empty in a way, sure it looked beautiful, had funnies and had some very good action scenes (emphasis on some), but characters (not saying who or what) felt disposable and there was no attachment, because it all felt so quick paced, The deviation from the source material was really jarring and all in all, I kinda didn't like this movie, It felt like it had a direction that was very quickly lost, I left the theatre saying...but why? huh? I don't care. This movie felt like it was missing a lot, it was fairly short for an MCU film maybe like 1hr 45 minutes.

Either way I keep getting worried about the direction the MCU is going in, with Moon knight, Ms Marvel and now this....

Yeah just watched it was pretty bad. Felt so confused watching it. No smooth transitions felt like it was jumping scenes definitely rushed in all aspects. The cgi was so bad in some parts and amazing in others. The power dampened all the gods. Gorr was so damn disappointed rushed his orgin/build up, could have done so much better. Did not care for some of the performances not blaming the actors cuz when watching the emotional scenes I felt no type of way. I will say I enjoyed laughing at how bad the movie was when I left tho. So that was a bonus.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:49 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

... way I keep getting worried about the direction the MCU is going in, with Moon knight, Ms Marvel and now this....

I completely agree with everything except moonknight I really enjoyed moonknight except for the fact that he needs to be rated r to show him whooping fools. But yeah the last few marvel movies in phase 4 have been so bad or just decent (really only liked doctor strange). Idk there rushing to many ip's at once and running so many projects that there all becoming mediocre. Like there trying to overhaul so much down consumers throats that there not creating quality entertainment. I think they need to relax, ik there not cuz the money is going to come regardless. Man...the last few have been bad. But (to me atleast) Disney plus has created some bangers, so it's just merky waters for the MCU right now. We will see what happens with black panther 2.

On 7/11/2022 at 9:01 PM, tarot said:

Groot and Starlord should not have been included in the wave but I don't blame Hasbro for that as the advertising marketed them as having a bigger role.

They shouldn't have been included anyways. Given they would be getting new figures and probably new looks next year. They could have easily given us some Thor comic figures or done some other MCU Thor characters.

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, McHogan said:

"...i didn’t really like the way Zeus is portrayed but I guess that’s the directors take...."

I too was unhappy with how they did Zeus in this movie. I didn't expect much, as he's not the focus, but the forced humor and overall incompetence of the character just made no sense. Also, I didnt appreciate the dismissal of the Warriors Three. And the point of Sif losing her arm, to be just another background/cameo character, and then never building on that, is just disrespectful. 

A serious, dramatic Thor is what I was hoping for. Clearly thats not what the MCU wants here. While Hemsworth certainly looks the part, the light, almost silly tone, is a miss for me. I did enjoy getting at least a glimpse of Thor in his classic outfit. 

On 7/11/2022 at 4:25 AM, McHogan said:

i didn’t really like the way Zeus is portrayed but I guess that’s the directors take. 

Interestingly a cut scene shows Zeus helping Thor and being a bit more like the wise King of the Gods in the comics. It seems that they changed their mind about Zeus's role