SDCC 2022 - Marvel Animated Panel

Outsiders

Marvel Studios held their Animated Panel in Ballroom 20 with moderator Paul F. Tompkins.  The panelists included Brad Winderbaum, Marvel Studios’ head of streaming television and animation; Ryan Meinerding, head of visual development; Bryan Andrews, director of What If…? and executive producer of Marvel Zombies; AC Bradley, writer and executive producer of What If…?; Beau DeMayo, writer and executive producer of X-Men ’97; Kirsten Lepore, writer, director and executive producer of I Am Groot; and Jeff Trammell, writer and executive producer of Spider-Man: Freshman Year.

The panel detailed 4 series with I Am Groot, which we posted the trailer and new promotional poster earlier.  The original shorts premiere on August 10th and it was announced that Season 2 of I Am Groot is coming soon.

Marvel Studios’ animated series Spider-Man: Freshman Year, will begin streaming in 2024 on DisneyPlus and follows Peter Parker on his way to becoming Spider-Man in the MCU, starting with his freshman year of high school.

Highlights from the panel included:

Trammell teasing the show with the cast of characters, and Meinerding showed off the new Spider-Man suit designed for the series — additionally Tompkins is set to voice a role.
Nico Minoro will be Peter's best friend.
Charlie Cox will voice Daredevil.
Villains for the first season: Unicorn, Chamelon, Scorpion, Speed ​​Demon, Tarantula, Rhino, and Doc Ock
Doctor Strange will be making an appearance in an episode.
Spider-Man will have 5 different costumes.
The series has already been renewed: Spider-Man: Sophomore Year.

The second season of Marvel Studios' What If...? was announced to be streaming in 2023, Doctor Strange will be appearing in an episode and the Ballroom was shown a preview episode titled "WHAT IF... CAPTAIN CARTER FIGHT THE HYDRA SOMPER?"  After the episode ended, it was announced that the series was renewed already for a third season.

Marvel Zombies was announced it will be coming soon.  No official date was mentioned but Marvel described the series as "The animated series from Marvel Studios reimagines the Marvel Universe as a new generation of heroes battle against an ever-spreading zombie scourge. Directed by Executive Producer Bryan Andrews and written by Executive Producer Zeb Wells."  The series will also be rated for ages 18+

The final series announced was Marvel Studios’ X-Men ’97 which will begin streaming in 2023 with characters Professor X, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Rogue, Storm, Gambit, Magneto, and more.

Highlights from the panel included:

Magneto will be the leader of the X-Men.
Villains for the first season: Seb Shaw, Emma Frost, Calypso, Val Cooper, Mister Sinister.
The series will have Sentinels.
A second season has already been renewed.

Source: Marvel | Check out images to all the series mentioned above at Multiverso Marvel

Spider-man and X-men are exciting for sure, I still don't get how the series will have Doc ock and Osborns? Like what? I think they just gonna reveal it's alternate universe like they did with Superman and Lois.  Either way I'm glad we are getting new decent Spidey series that will have care and attention from Disney unlike two previous DisneyXD shows that were horrible.  Charlie's DD and Strange appearances make it even better. X-Men screens I saw look amazing and way more exciting than any new X-Men comic book, kinda makes me wish we could get 90s Spidey revival as well.