Marvel Legends Series X-Men Morph 90s Animated Series Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Bluecomet takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Series X-Men Morph 90s Animated Series from Hasbro.  This figure is sold as a Hasbro Pulse Exclusive in the United States.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_X_Men_Morph_Animated_Series_By_Bluecomet_13.jpg

This is easily the best figure in this line, actual pin less joint and the most original sculpting, Jean had horrible paint colors, Storm had horrible new hair, others were simple repaints all but wolverine who has new cool head, but I didn't care for any of them what I care if Mystique and she will sadly feature outdated kate bishop body which is personally slap in the face in comparison with Morph and other figures that reuse Shriek body. 

I didn't know Morph was played by Bruce Campbell, but that chin don't lie... I am glad that there is consistency in the colors between figures now, his blue and yellow match the Love Triangle Wolverine and Cyclops, which was the only real bummer about the first release of those two. Still not crazy about the "cel shading" but a little diluted acetone can take care of that...

Wasn’t this guy retconned from just being a cartoon creation to being a actual comic XMan?

and what’s the difference between Morph and Mimic? Was Morph based on Mimic? 

On 8/23/2022 at 1:42 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I didn't know Morph was played by Bruce Campbell, but that chin don't lie... I am glad that there is consistency in the colors between figures now, his blue and yellow match the Love Triangle Wolverine and Cyclops, which was the only real bummer about the first release of those two. Still not crazy about the "cel shading" but a little diluted acetone can take care of that...

That IS definitely Bruce Campbell

oh hey, whatever became off that odd Pizza guy MCU Thing Bruce was tweeting about? They didn’t actually make THAT guy into a Legend did they?

On 8/25/2022 at 3:38 AM, McHogan said:

Wasn’t this guy retconned from just being a cartoon creation to being a actual comic XMan?

and what’s the difference between Morph and Mimic? Was Morph based on Mimic? 

Mimic is a different character altogether. Mimic copy's the original xmen powers. 

Morph is based on changling.

On 8/24/2022 at 10:43 PM, tarot said:

Mimic is a different character altogether. Mimic copy's the original xmen powers. 

Morph is based on changling.

Ok yeah I get they are two different characters. But the info that Mimic copies only the  original XMens Powers is the interesting part. I admit, I wasn’t a committed follower of that cartoon but it seems like from spotty memory and an old ToyBiz figure that Morph only copied XMen too. Again, spotty recall her but didn’t the old Toybiz figures extra heads include Cyclops, Wolverine and I want to say Gambit heads? Seems an argument can be made that Morph draws inspiration from both Mimic and Changling

And side note: what an oddly specific power set. Only copying a very small group of XMen. What would have happened to this guy if the XMen didn’t exist? Haha comics are a special place

On 8/25/2022 at 3:57 AM, McHogan said:

Ok yeah I get they are two different characters. But the info that Mimic copies only the  original XMens Powers is the interesting part. I admit, I wasn’t a committed follower of that cartoon but it seems like from spotty memory and an old ToyBiz figure that Morph only copied XMen too. Again, spotty recall her but didn’t the old Toybiz figures extra heads include Cyclops, Wolverine and I want to say Gambit heads? Seems an argument can be made that Morph draws inspiration from both Mimic and Changling

And side note: what an oddly specific power set. Only copying a very small group of XMen. What would have happened to this guy if the XMen didn’t exist? Haha comics are a special place

The original Toy Biz toy had good and evil heads along with Wolverine and Cyclops heads.. Morph is the XTAS version of Changeling and can shapeshift into anyone like Mystique. Mimic can copy any mutant powers as long as he is near them, though some like the original X-Men powers eventually came permeant due to prolonged exposure.

• 4 weeks later...

Marvel's Morph Marvel Legends Series Action Figure – X-Men Animated Series is IN STOCK over on Shopdisney.com! Order $75 in instock items and use SHIPMAGIC for free shipping!

Mutant shapeshifter Morph from the 1990s X-Men: The Animated Series makes his debut as a Marvel Legends action figure! This 6-inch scale figure comes with alternate hands and alternate head inspired by the character’s villainous turn on the show!

Magic in the details

Marvel Legends 1990s X-Men: The Animated Series animation-inspired Marvel's Morph figure
Multiple points of articulation
Accessories include alternate hands and head
Comes in premium collectible packaging inspired by 1990s X-Men: The Animated Series video cassette box covers

The bare necessities

Ages 4+
Plastic
Scale 6'' H
Imported

Morph.0.jpg

Morph.1.jpg

Morph.2.jpg

Morph.3.jpg

Morph.4.jpg

Morph.5.jpg

On 9/19/2022 at 7:46 PM, Silvermaen said:

I reached out to Hasbro Pulse.  I pre-ordered Morph there for a dollar more months ago and it still says it won't be available until December?  WTF?  I'm seeing more and more things that make me get less inclined to continue purchasing Marvel Legends at all. 

Retail takes priority for many toy company mate. That's where the money for them mainly comes from not come the Pulse store.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:49 PM, tarot said:

Retail takes priority for many toy company mate. That's where the money for them mainly comes from not come the Pulse store.

lol, Except for that X-Force boxset that those of us who pre-ordered from Disney got screwed on since they only shipped from Pulse and Disney canceled all their orders for.