Marvel Studios’ Special Presentation: Werewolf By Night Trailer

JayC

Did I see classic Man-Thing in that trailer as well?

and is that Zombie looking thing supposed to be an animatronic or is it the Zombie from Marvels horror library?

on first glance this trailer reminds me of a film called The Beast Must Die. With some key differences the basic plot is people gather at a eccentric millionaire ‘s house who is convinced that one if the guests is a Werewolf. Fun movie as well.

geez, I can’t wait for this show, maybe this could be a yearly thing with different monsters.

Watched trailer again. So excited that we could get a Marvel Legend out of this series

Im glad they went with Jack Russell as our WBN, that recent series by Taboo was trash bin worthy. 

This series will be combining a few of my loves: MCU, Werewolves, Halloween, classic horror movies. Can’t wait for October!

This looks super fantastic actually, not sure what I was expecting from this Werewolf By Night thing, but this totally wasn't it, love the black & white, love the vintage vibe, and it looks like it's got some real potential, I am really stoked to see Man-Thing here, and giving Werewolf by Night the proper treatment it seems. Now can we get a WBN Legend? , and also great this means everyones going to want to buld that man-thing, the parts I need will be going up *sigh* maybe they will release a deluxe, but then I wasted tons of money trying to build that figure for years.

'

Turns out Elsa and her father are huge elements of this film as one may have suspected, the girl you see throughout is Elsa Bloodstone played by Laura Donnelly. Gael Bernal is Jack Russell aka Werewolf by Night, if anyone was wondering. members of the TVA will also appear in this film (unknown if it will be any familiar faces from Loki)

Really do hope WBN does well, and will encourage them to look at Tomb of Dracula. This is a gold mine that the studio has been sitting on and its ready-made for screen adaptation. None of that pony-tailed, red super costume nonsense, mind you.  Just some good ol' fanged, mustached, swirling black caped Gene Colan goodness. 

Looking forward to seeing more of the Werewolf here....and while I'm puzzled at Gael Bernal playing Jack Russell, I cannot wait to see Harriet Sansom Harris chew up some scenery! That woman is incredible. Loved her on the X-Files and Fraiser.

On 9/11/2022 at 1:36 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Turns out Elsa and her father are huge elements of this film as one may have suspected, the girl you see throughout is Elsa Bloodstone played by Laura Donnelly. Gael Bernal is Jack Russell aka Werewolf by Night, if anyone was wondering. 

This actress looks nothing like either the first appearance, subsequent appearances, or Legends Elsa. But this time its not surprising because the Elsa of the comics has such an incoherent and inconsistent background. MCU is free to do what they want, 'cause the comics sure haven't bothered to put a lot of thought or detail into the character. It will be interesting to see their take.

Fingers crossed that this may finally get them to do a Marvel Monsters box set....halloween release would be killer. Think of it, for a werewolf. What a Happy Howl-oween present. How great that would be, and so fond to look back on and say fangs for the memories. But I doubt they have a real stake in this as much as I'd wish. Too bad, maybe they're scared to do it. Some people have no guts.  But those that do, are my kind of people. Just my (blood) type.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:08 AM, Atlantis said:

Fingers crossed that this may finally get them to do a Marvel Monsters box set....halloween release would be killer. Think of it, for a werewolf. What a Happy Howl-oween present. How great that would be, and so fond to look back on and say fangs for the memories. But I doubt they have a real stake in this as much as I'd wish. Too bad, maybe they're scared to do it. Some people have no guts.  But those that do, are my kind of people. Just my (blood) type.

Lol. I’m still right there with you man. You been lobbying hard for this for years and It’s about damn time they listen. 

On 9/13/2022 at 4:08 PM, LordVenger said:

Lol. I’m still right there with you man. You been lobbying hard for this for years and It’s about damn time they listen. 

I know I'm a broken record on that. But that is exactly the kind of project they can go all out on, make a limited run of, and make all kinds of money on it. You know that such a set will sell out in a nanosecond!

Disney+ has released the official synopsis and first-look image of Gael Garcia Bernal as Jack Russell from Marvel Studios' Special Presentation: 'Werewolf By Night.'  

On a dark and somber night, a secret cabal of monster hunters emerge from the shadows and gather at the foreboding Bloodstone Temple following the death of their leader. In a strange and macabre memorial to the leader’s life, the attendees are thrust into a mysterious and deadly competition for a powerful relic—a hunt that will ultimately bring them face to face with a dangerous monster. Inspired by horror films of the 1930s and 1940s, the chilling special aims to evoke a sense of dread and the macabre, with plenty of suspense and scares along the way as we explore a new corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The special presentation of Marvel Studios' 'Werewolf By Night' premieres on October 7th and stars Gael Garcia Bernal, Laura Donnelly, and Harriet Sansom Harris.

The presentation is directed by Michael Giacchino from a script by Heather Quinn and Peter Cameron.  Kevin Feige, Stephen Broussard, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, and Brad Winderbaum are executive producers with Brian Gay and Trevor Waterson as co-executive producers.

Gael_Garcia_Bernal_Jack_Russell.jpg

Being in black and white, I wondered if maybe they were going for a different era, like the 70s or even earlier. However, the stylized clothing they're wearing, light fixtures, and  the tech ops gear, electric prods and weapons say this is current timeframe. Far as the werewolf goes, at 1:06 there's a clear shot of his face, and it doesn't look wolf-like at all to me, not even 1940s Lon Chaney Wolf Man make up. But maybe he's in mid-transition, or maybe that's not even the Jack Russel werewolf. At any rate I'm hoping this is going to be great.

As a big horror and big Marvel fan, I am also looking forward to this. I love the Bloodstones and glad to see them introduced to the MCU. I also second a Tomb of a Dracula series. I’d want it set in the 70s so that Quincy could be in it, along with Blade, King, Rachel, and Drake. 

A Colan-esque Dracula is also at the top of my Marvel Legends want list. I detest that stupid red armor look they are using currently. 

On 9/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, DrZarnak said:

As a big horror and big Marvel fan, I am also looking forward to this. I love the Bloodstones and glad to see them introduced to the MCU. I also second a Tomb of a Dracula series. I’d want it set in the 70s so that Quincy could be in it, along with Blade, King, Rachel, and Drake. 

A Colan-esque Dracula is also at the top of my Marvel Legends want list. I detest that stupid red armor look they are using currently. 

YES. I've been screaming this forever. When Morlun came out I thought for a beat he might be a good buck for Count Dracula, but the figure's way too small. Dracula is 6'5" so he needs a bigger "civilian" mold. That red armor thing looks like a nod to the Coppola movie, supposedly Bram Stoker's version. But that armor Oldman's wearing never existed in the original novel. A brand new, Colan-accurate figure, is long overdue.

The Colan-Wolfman (no pun intended) Tomb of Dracula is the perfect depiction of Count Dracula. Marvel is sitting on a gold mine, and they really need to put this into production.