New Marvel Select Fantastic Four Mr. Fantastic Figure Revealed

JayC

Shown below via ShartimusPrime is the new Marvel Select 7" Fantastic Four Mr. Fantastic figure coming from Diamond Select Toys. The figure which will go up for pre-order on Friday (12/23) at midnight at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth will have alternate stretch arms and an alternate lower body piece.

Marvel-Select-Mr-Fantastic 0.jpg

Marvel-Select-Mr-Fantastic 1.jpg

Marvel-Select-Mr-Fantastic 2.jpg

Marvel-Select-Mr-Fantastic 4.jpg

Marvel-Select-Mr-Fantastic.jpg

This looks good, but that lower body in picture 1 is redonculous (although very creative!). Hats off to Marvel Select for what looks like a very nicely done figure, but I'll stick with my Hasbro versions that better scale with the rest of my collection. I am looking forward to the Super Skrull that they announced earlier in the year though! And I love the Immortal Hulk and Titanium Man that they put out not too long ago. Skipping Iceman and Beta Ray Bill though also.  Still love my 2 Chitauri footsoldiers, Mephisto, skrull and brood soldiers, Mistress Death and Lucky the Pizza Dog from Marvel Select. They're all proudly displayed alongside my Legends figures as well. I'd love to see them try to do Rockslide or Armor from the X-Men. I'd also love to have a Goblin Queen figure with the look that they did for their statue not too long ago.

Looks like a nice sculpt but still no one has managed to make a better strech feature for Reed than that tall hasbro Reed from the Fing Fang Foom Wave, that strechect out torso should be an accessory for most Reed figures

This is pretty good minus those wonky eyes, what's up with those? looks like he's staring at a fly on his forehead , but this comes with good accessories, that should have came with at least any of the recent Reeds that were offered by Hasbro. I'm actually really impressed with the current output from Diamond in the Legends department they have really stepped up their game and become a decent competitor (although on a different scale) , let's see how they do a new Sue and Ben, they could really kill a good Ben figure (but may make it too big), but I'm curious to see if they can make a pretty Sue.

A Diamond Select Toys release! This is a fantastic figure! The Fantastic Four finally get their leader with the release of Reed Richards, a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic, in the Marvel Select line. This 7 inch action figure features 16 points of articulation, as well as interchangeable hands and stretched parts, including a lower body section that can wrap around an opponent. It comes in display-ready Select action figure packaging with side-panel artwork for shelf display. Designed by Yuri Tang; sculpted by Thamtarana. This is available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Eeeeeyeah.......no. This thing is a train wreck. Cross eyed head sculpt, typical uninspired stretch fists, weird ayass fruit roll up body. Nothing about this thing is new or inspired. If the same old with a little WTF is that supposed to be is what you're looking for I guess this is for you. For me there's just nothing here I need or want.

I do like the idea.
But it’s hard to imagine how effective  it would look with anyone in his grasp. At first I thought he could be pulled apart appearing like a spring so that he could coil around someone but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Looks more like a loose wrap on the ground.