Marvel Legends Guardians Of The Galaxy Comic Yondu Figure Revealed

JayC

I love this! It's so long overdue. I'll be so happy to replace the MCU Yondu in my display with this comic version. This is great!! Like Ronan, Yondu wasn't on Rektangular's leak list due to being a store exclusive. I hope there are more non-leaked store exclusives like Ronan and Yondu coming!

Can we get a classic comic version of Nebula next? She should be easy to do on the Shriek buck. I'd also love comic versions of Collector, Grandmaster and Mantis. I'd also love to see a comic Starfox figure before they inevitably do a Harry Styles MCU version.

Everybody now....recall that golden oldie from way back in 1995....

THIS IS HOW WE DO IT!

First look, its fantastic....the belt, the quiver strap, the colors....true, the badge insignia was originally red white and blue, but there a number of appearances where it was just yellow. He should be on a larger buck of course. 

Now this I would go out and buy instantly. Along with the upcoming Spiral, has my vote already for best of 2023!

Just shows what they can do when they try. Really great job here, if these pics are any indication!

First off, long overdue and glad Yondu finally got some love. My issue, cuz I always have one, again is with the use of the Sunfire buck for another long overdue, long awaited figure who stands over 6 foot tall . Throw him in the same "looks good, but still wrong" pile with Silver Surfer, Firelord, Falcon, and others. I'll take the head sculpt and do it right myself. Again.

Oh boy! now that's a figure I'm happy to see, long overdue for a Comic Yondu, and this looks good, def a buy for me, only thing that makes me feel down about this is the Target exclusive business, because Target usually means TRU exclusive in Canada and TRU are wreckless price gougers, so this figure if it comes to TRU will be like 50 bucks, ugh, but hey maybe somebody else will pick this up. I really want this figure, I hope with Comic Ronan, Star Lord and now this, we are seeing the gates open for more Comic Guardians figures to come, Comic Nebula Please! she's been so overdue, and more important then Yondu

On 1/24/2023 at 4:43 PM, Jormungand said:

Wow, how many years has it been since we got that random Vance Astrovik? Finally moving towards completing the original GOTG! Just hope its not another, what, 5, 7 years before we get Martinex, Charlie, Nikki and Starhawk.

as long as we get Martinex and Charliee we complete the original team. Everybody else were recruited after that. Yes even Starhawk.

I would love to see Hasbro do the entire original team of Guardians as those have always been my preferred members for that team. That being said I dont have a lot of faith in Hasbro will do that being they have so many teams now with outstanding team members being done as figures that I am pretty hesitant on getting this one. Yondu by himself doesnt interest me that much. I feel like Hasbro needs to start completing existing teams like New Warriors, Thunderbolts, X-Force, X-Factor, Alpha Flight before starting new ones. And yes we got the older Vance years ago so you could throw Guardians in as an uncompleted team as well they already started, but Gurdians are much more uncompleted than the others.

On 1/24/2023 at 12:00 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I saw that, I just wasn't expecting a reveal of something else before that, sort of rubs extra salt in the wound for me.

The Ant-Man wave reveal is based more on when Disney gives the ok. We are making an assumption it will be next month since the movie is out next month but I dont see a problem if Hasbro reveals something else(s) before they have the ok to show off the Ant-Man stuff.

It just occurred to me; is this the first (Hasbro) Legends figure that comes packed with a singular arrow? 

Personally, I like it, and I'll scoop it up, but I don't think I'll care much if they neglect to finish out the rest of the OG Guardians.  Maybe it's because I never really cared much for the team as a whole, or maybe it's because Charlie-27 low-key creeped me out as a kid, but for those that really want them, I hope you get your wish.  More cosmic characters are always a good thing, at the end of the day.  I do think Starhawk has a great design though, so I wouldn't mind seeing him make the cut. 

On 1/24/2023 at 7:57 AM, JayC said:

I would love to see Hasbro do the entire original team of Guardians as those have always been my preferred members for that team. That being said I dont have a lot of faith in Hasbro will do that being they have so many teams now with outstanding team members being done as figures that I am pretty hesitant on getting this one. Yondu by himself doesnt interest me that much. I feel like Hasbro needs to start completing existing teams like New Warriors, Thunderbolts, X-Force, X-Factor, Alpha Flight before starting new ones. And yes we got the older Vance years ago so you could throw Guardians in as an uncompleted team as well they already started, but Gurdians are much more uncompleted than the others.

Agree. I never connected with the current roster, as fun as the movie was. And while its good that Starlord is coming in his first appearance, he wasn't part of the team then (they first formed in '69 and then again in their most familiar outfits, '74. Starlord appeared in '76).

I'm fine with Yondu by himself, but a box set of the entire team (including corrected Vance Astro on the vulcan buck) would probably have been the better option. 

Totally agree that hasbro needs to finish off these uncompleted teams! Imagine if they had ended 2022 that way. 

On 1/24/2023 at 10:02 AM, JayC said:

The Ant-Man wave reveal is based more on when Disney gives the ok. We are making an assumption it will be next month since the movie is out next month but I dont see a problem if Hasbro reveals something else(s) before they have the ok to show off the Ant-Man stuff.

It's more of just a representation of the sheer lack of anything MCU related recently. We've had like 3 livestreams and several reveals and absolutely nothing MCU except for that What If Gamora. I'm just really getting tired of not seeing them reveal anything I'm interested in except for that overpriced PS5 Spider-Man and few pipeline reveals.

On 1/24/2023 at 12:00 PM, Ironspider428 said:

It's more of just a representation of the sheer lack of anything MCU related recently. We've had like 3 livestreams and several reveals and absolutely nothing MCU except for that What If Gamora. I'm just really getting tired of not seeing them reveal anything I'm interested in except for that overpriced PS5 Spider-Man and few pipeline reveals.

It's about to flip, which should make you happy. The rest of the reveals that we'll get for the first half of the year will likely be almost all MCU or tv related with Quantumania, GOTG3, Marvels, Disney+ wave, Best of MCU wave and the X-Men '97 animated wave. The next comic waves will be a Spider-Man wave and there's a 2-pack of Hyperion and Dr. Spectrum both due out in August, but they'll likely get revealed after most, if not all of that MCU/TV stuff.

I'm just the opposite of you, I only buy MCU characters if they've never had a comic release (Attuma, Mantis, Collector, Grandmaster, Korg, Wong, etc) - so I've been thrilled with the recent reveals, but will likely be bored out of my mind all spring/summer when they're showing mostly MCU figures that I just don't care about. That's just the way it seems to be working out this year - but the MCU stuff is definitely coming. It'll even out.

We all have our personal preferences and I think Hasbro tries to hit them all. For me personally, the comics are THE source material that I've been reading my whole life whereas as I see the MCU as something that just tries to copy them (sometimes well, sometimes poorly) where all the actors are inevitably all going to be recast and replaced, so I don't get attached to the actors that play them or the figure representations of those actors. Anyone who thinks there's not going to be a different actor who ends up playing Steve Rogers or Tony Stark down the line (for example) is kidding themselves, possibly as soon as Secret Wars. Again it's just how I look at it, I just see the MCU versions as temporary versions of the characters whereas I see the comic versions as timeless representations. Again, just my opinion - not putting down MCU figures, but they're just not my personal preference. Fortunately Hasbro makes enough figures of both.