Marvel Legends Series Classic Dark Phoenix Video Review And Images

Outsiders

While this is a vast improvement over the Celine Dion (credit to ShartyPrime) Phoenix from the Juggs Wave, I still prefer my Dark Phoenix from the TRU Exclusive Cyclops/Dark Phoenix 2 pack. Color palette is much better and the body mold is even better. I once placed it as the Psylocke mold, but it is different and I honestly don't think it's ever been used again. Anyway, for those who weren't able to get ahold of that figure this is a decent alternate, and it does actually have the double jointed elbows, as wonky as they look when bent.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:07 AM, monron999 said:

While this is a vast improvement over the Celine Dion (credit to ShartyPrime) Phoenix from the Juggs Wave, I still prefer my Dark Phoenix from the TRU Exclusive Cyclops/Dark Phoenix 2 pack. Color palette is much better and the body mold is even better. I once placed it as the Psylocke mold, but it is different and I honestly don't think it's ever been used again. Anyway, for those who weren't able to get ahold of that figure this is a decent alternate, and it does actually have the double jointed elbows, as wonky as they look when bent.

I agree here, sadly this isn't a superior figure then the TRU 2 pack, The TRU figure has the muted darker colors, plus the face, and the translucent hair, it's a far more aesthetically pleasing figure then this one, the colors are too bright, and it gives the figure some what of a cheaper appearance, the face also has a less fine tuned look (if comparing it to the original release, it almost looks like a bootleg), and the paint apps are generally applied poorly on this figure in the face.

anyways I could never get my hands on the TRU 2 pack for a price that seemed reasonable, so I have settled for this, sure it's a nice figure, but compared to the previous release it's not as nice, it's just the sad truth.

spacer.pngmuted red color, multiple heads, translucent hair effect, better paint apps on face

spacer.png

retro just doesn't look like they cleary gave it the love and attention to detail it deserved

Good figure, especially for those who missed the last one. Yes there are some pinless updates here.  Some missed opportunities though...sash could indeed have been some kind of soft goods material, thigh boots and evening gloves should have been molded on. Good figure, absolutely. But again we see hasbo's laziness and disregard for the collector on display. Other lines, like Mythic Legions, also re-use and re-use their figures....but each time, they at least add vibrant, different paint schemes and incorporate new materials to keep the figures fresh and interesting.

But I'm not gonna rag on hasbo all by itself here, because if they know that re-selling figures with nothing new, and still gets sales (and it does), why should they make the effort? 

Wonder if they'll ever update the original Phoenix?