Marvel's Former EIC Joe Quesada Signs Exclusive Deal With Amazon Studios

Outsiders

Former Marvel Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada has signed an exclusive deal with Amazon Studios to develop series and films for Prime Video, focusing on adapting existing and new comic book IPs.

“I can’t begin to express just how thrilled I am to be joining the Amazon Studios family. From the moment Nick Pepper, Matt King, and the team approached me, it was clear we spoke the same language and shared the same creative goals. What was also clear is that they’re creating a collaborative environment and unique methodology that I’m surprised no one has yet thought to implement, but I’m certain will be quickly imitated,” said Quesada in a statement.

Quesada worked at Marvel Comics as an artist and later as Marvel Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer for 24 years.  He helped create many of the company's storylines, that went on to be adapted for the big screen, including Civil War, Age of Ultron, and Guardians of the Galaxy.  He worked and served as executive producer for numerous Marvel TV series, including Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage for Netflix and Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D for ABC.

“Joe has been a singular and influential creative force guiding some of the most iconic storytelling that exists today,” said Nick Pepper, Head of US SVOD Wholly Owned Development, Amazon Studios. “The opportunity to bring his expertise and vision to Amazon Studios presents a world of possibilities and we can’t wait to see what he brings to life next.”

Source: Deadline

Well this is right up his alley. All the superhero shows on prime are all about build up to some grand event that never comes to fruition. Do your thing Joe. As with most Amazon shows, I'll wait till I hear from the fans (not the bought and paid critics) and watch what interests me. At least he has experience in the field.

Sounds fine, interesting they are letting Amazon produce Marvel shows with Disney+ around, I did hear a word that Disney wanted to shop out some potential shows to other streaming services so I guess this is that happening, as long as they are up to standard of the D+ stuff this is welcome news, I hope they get to some unique characters, Maybe a Ghost Rider show could work here, but wasn't already Spider-Man Noir supposed to be an Amazon show?

On 3/31/2023 at 8:27 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sounds fine, interesting they are letting Amazon produce Marvel shows with Disney+ around, I did hear a word that Disney wanted to shop out some potential shows to other streaming services so I guess this is that happening, as long as they are up to standard of the D+ stuff this is welcome news, I hope they get to some unique characters, Maybe a Ghost Rider show could work here, but wasn't already Spider-Man Noir supposed to be an Amazon show?

Are they actually doing Marvel though?

On 3/31/2023 at 10:27 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

On 3/31/2023 at 12:04 PM, Emnems80 said:

Are they actually doing Marvel though?

I don't think they got him to do Marvel shows, but possibly some more indi properties more like The Boys. We just automatically make the connection to Marvel through name recognition, but I don't think anything indicates that they brought him on to do Marvel shows.