Avengers 60th Anniversary Dr. Doom and Monica Rambeau 2-pack Pre-Order Coming Next Thursday (4/6)!?!

JayC

It looks like next weeks Marvel Legends pre-order is going to be the Avengers 60th Anniversary Dr. Doom and Monica Rambeau 2-pack that Hasbro showed off in their last live-stream. Today Hasbro's Dan Yun revealed a new image of the Secret Wars Dr. Doom figure showing it will have a removable mask.

Our sponsor Entertainment Earth has listed on their pre-order Drop Page a Hasbro listing going live next Thursday (4/6) at 1pm ET with the following clue:

"Failure to learn from history will doom people to repeat it - so click on the banner and set up a reminder for these new figures today!"

From these two things it seems pretty obvious the item going up next week will be that Avengers 60th Anniversary Dr. Doom and Monica Rambeau 2-pack.

Secret-Wars-Doom-01.jpg

Secret-Wars-Doom-02.jpg

Secret-Wars-Doom-03.jpg

Secret-Wars-Doom-04.jpg

I didn't like that Doom the first time I saw it, but it's growing on me now. Captain Marvel, that's actually her codename in this costume, and actually the last time anyone named Captain Marvel was universally liked, is just a no brainer, and Hasbro knows it. She will be the thing driving this set. Oh, the pain these comic based pre-orders are putting on my wallet are massive, but it's better than the constant flood of repetitive and boring MCU/Disney+/Gamerverse rubbish that has become the norm for ML these days.

This Monica is a must get figure for me, Loved this time period for her, the Doom is cool as well, but mostly into this for Monica, but since Secret Wars is one of my fav stories and Doom was awesome in it, I'm happy to have this Doom as well, this is a pick up for me despite me having 1 of each of these characters in the collection already, I'm trying to stay away from doubling up on characters going forward and just having my fav version of everyone, but I do love having variations of characters I like so I'm into this.

Two MAJOR boxes checked for my "Unofficial because it isnt technically Secret Wars branding but hey c'mon.. this IS Secret Wars" collection. 

Ive been trying to build both Hero and Jerks teams for years but fell asleep at the wheel a few times (Doc Ock) and had to chase him down and a few like those awful Wrecking Crew figures I just skipped because how bad they were. But when Galactus was announced I jumped back to my hopes that one day my Secret Wars display will be complete. 

Monica is a figure we have literally waited years to get and she looks amazing. and Ive always loved this version of Doom going back to the comics and the original Mattel toys so i really want this guy too. 

Overall the Avengers 60th Anniversary is shaping up quite nicely 

Hasbro's Dan Yun has released a new preview image of their upcoming Marvel Legends Bruce Banner figure that will be part of the Marvel Legends Avengers 60th Anniversary Bruce Banner and Grey Hulk 2-pack they first showed in their last live-stream. He has suggested this will be going up for pre-order sometime this week. Last week we told you how it looked like we would be seeing Avengers 60th Anniversary Dr. Doom and Monica Rambeau 2-pack, likely on Thursday April 6th. This was based on a clue dropped by our sponsor Entertainment Earth on their pre-order Drop Page.

It's unknown if the Hulk 2-pack will be going up on the same day. Entertainment Earth has pre-order listing from Hasbro this week taking place on April 4,5,6 and 9. The Hasbro pre-order on the 5th appears to be Star Wars related and the one the pre-orders on the 9th appears to be Transformers related. We have no idea what the one on the 4th is for and the second pre-order on the 9th that takes place at 9pm PT is Marvel related, but it's not clear if its something for Hasbro or Marvel Legends.

Dan Yun has also hinted that besides the two Marvel Legends pre-orders this week we might also be getting some kind of new reveal as well. Since we just got the new Disney+ Secret Invasion trailer yesterday and we know there will be two figures from that series released in the next Disney+ wave which are Nick Fury and Talos, it's possible Hasbro could go on and show those off this week. That is just speculation on my part se we will have to wait and see. If those two figures were going to be revealed my guess is that would happen later today.

Hulk-2pk-01.jpg

Hulk-2pk-02.jpg

Hulk-2pk-03.jpg

Hulk-2pk-04.jpg

I don't know. It looks like it could have been part of the Fin Fang Foom wave. Those characters had some decent sculpts, but terrible joint articulation. Those elbows are terrible. It's not like they can't make double-jointed elbows on big figures.

It looks cool. Didn't the 90's Hulk line have a version that was hollowed out so Bruce could fit inside? That's what this figure needs! 😄

As much as I do like Bruce & Gray Hulk 2 pack, that's a super definite pass for me, I don't need a Bruce in the least and I'm happy with the Previous Gray Hulk I have, the new one does look great but not enough for me to replace the one I got, I do think it's good to see a comic Bruce figure after all these years, I'm sure there are tons of people who are very excited to get that in to their collection, but for me happy to say no to this set, and keep the bucks for the next items up for order.

I'm extremely happy they are finally giving us Doc Bruce Banner in ML scale. I have had the old Hulk line one for many years and he is passable, but definitely needs replacing. I will await an individual release of him down the line, or packaged with another character(s) I want... Grey Hulk not being one of them. But, as always, very happy for those who are looking for these two together.

Bruce is definitely the highlight of this set for me. A 2nd Grey Hulk I'm less thrilled about but I'll take the hit for Banner.

What I'd love to see though is a true 1st Appearance Hulk like the one Toybiz did. Even that one was oversized but it at least looked like the Hulk did then. 

After that I just want Hulk in his purple underwear. I mean, the Toybiz Homage figure came with a comic cover showing this very look but we still got another ripped jeans Hulk 

clean.jpg

Not sure what's up with Hasbro's sudden insistence to start applying color to some of these male figures' lips, but I wish it would stop. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was a characteristic of that person or part of their design, but as far as I know Banner, Corsair and Avalanche don't wear lipstick.

So I guess Victor's face sculpt is meant to be secret. No problem, someone will leak it soon enough. I complained about the FA Hulk sculpt being a bit to large to be accurate, but from these pictures it does seem to be smaller than the standard Hulk mold. Not sure if it's real or just real good camera work. Either way the Doom/Captain Marvel (mostly Captain Marvel) pack is the only one I'm really interested in right now.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:12 AM, Atlantis said:

Soft goods might've been the better choice for Captain Marvel here but I'm still getting this one. I'm glad they chose a solid white instead of any kind of wash; they just don't come out well and this looks way better.

Yeah, I'm surprised Hasbro went this route especially after the way they did Storm, Siryn, and Banshee.