Disney+ Secret Invasion: New Preview Images

Outsiders

In Marvel Studios' new series "Secret Invasion," set in the present-day MCU, Nick Fury learns of a clandestine invasion of Earth by a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls. Fury joins his allies, including Everett Ross, Maria Hill, and the Skrull Talos, who have made a life for himself on Earth. Together they race against time to thwart an imminent Skrull invasion and save humanity.

Marvel Studios' "Secret Invasion" stars Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Cobie Smulders, Martin Freeman, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Charlayne Woodard, Killian Scott, Samuel Adewunmi, Dermot Mulroney, Christopher McDonald, Katie Finneran, with Emilia Clarke and Olivia Colman, and Don Cheadle.

Ali Selim directs the series and executive-produces, along with fellow executive producers Kevin Feige, Jonathan Schwartz, Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Samuel L. Jackson, Ali Selim, Kyle Bradstreet, and Brian Tucker. Kyle Bradstreet is also the head writer, and Jennifer L. Booth, Allana Williams, and Brant Englestein serve as co-executive producers.

The live-action, original series premiering June 21st, exclusively on Disney+.

• 01 - Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
  • 02 - Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
  • 03 - Olivia Colman as Special Agent Sonya Falsworth
  • 04 - Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill
  • 05 - Don Cheadle as James 'Rhodey' Rhodes
  • 06 - Olivia Colman as Special Agent Sonya Falsworth
  • 07 - Ben Mendelsohn as Talos/Keller
  • 08 - Kingsley Ben-Adir as Rebel Skrull leader Gravik
  • 09 - Emilia Clarke as G'iah and Ben Mendelsohn as Talos
  • 10 - Martin Freeman as Agent Everett Ross
  • 11 - Emilia Clarke as G'iah
  • 12 - Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as Talos
  • 13 - Kingsley Ben-Adir as Rebel Skrull leader Gravik
  • 14 - Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
  • 15 - Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

Secret_Invasion_01.jpg

Secret_Invasion_02.jpg

Secret_Invasion_03.jpg

Secret_Invasion_04.jpg

Secret_Invasion_05.jpg

Secret_Invasion_06.jpg

Secret_Invasion_07.jpg

Secret_Invasion_08.jpg

Secret_Invasion_09.jpg

Secret_Invasion_10.jpg

Secret_Invasion_11.jpg

Secret_Invasion_12.jpg

Secret_Invasion_13.jpg

Secret_Invasion_14.jpg

Secret_Invasion_15.jpg

• 1 month later...

Still on the fence about this show. Hopefully it's a pleasant surprise! 

In general, I am tired of them using the name of an event that was the culmination of years of set up, (Decades in this stories case.) to introduce us to a concept or character. "Age of Ultron" for his birth. Civil War was more of a skirmish. And so on. I like both of those movies, but feel like those titles were a bit wasted. Definitely afraid that this introduction to ill willed Skrulls will not live up to one of the best event titles ever. We need the whole Kree Skrull war first imo. Plus Hulkling doesnt mean as much without the ginormous backstory of warring empires. This is probably the place to introduce him.

I'm a little concerned about how Marvel tends to deviate from the comic arc but it does look entertaining still. I wish they would have just made a Fury movie instead of trying to piggyback it onto one of the last really good crossover stories from Marvel. It seems like the story and the Fury both deserved a focused project but if it's good who cares I guess. This is the first Disney+ show I've been interested in in a long time. The entertainment value seems to be there but let's see if Disney knows how to properly conclude it or not make the draw on too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I can't wait for this show, It's looking like a great Spy Thriller, Something we have be sorely missing in the MCU for awhile, gives me that Winter Soldier vibe, gritty espionage stuff, Sam Jack as Fury is always a favorite to me so him being the star of this is a thing I'm really happy about, and at this point he's been so integral to the MCU and shaping it, that he deserves his own somewhat solo outting, I also can't imagine Sam is going to be doing this Nick fury thing forever he's like 75 years old, man he looks good though, I also just love Ben Mendelsohn in almost everything he does, I have really high hopes for it, I want this to be the Andor of the MCU.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Marvel’s Secret Invasion dropped on Wednesday and it has been creating some problematic news, but not about the series itself, but about the opening credits.

Director Ali Selim confirmed and explained to Polygon that the opening credits are designed and generated using artificial intelligence by Method Studios.  The director felt the use of AI for the opening credits would fit into the theme of the series.

“When we reached out to the AI vendors, that was part of it — it just came right out of the shape-shifting, Skrull world identity, you know? Who did this? Who is this?”  “We would talk to them about ideas and themes and words, and then the computer would go off and do something. And then we could change it a little bit by using words, and it would change.”

The opening credits may enrich the series for a fitted theme but the use of AI has received much backlash from audiences on social media, given that using AI presumably eliminated the need for graphic designers and animators to craft the opening credits.

Many believe that just as the WGA is currently on strike after failed negotiations with the Association of Motion Picture and Television Producers, which included language about protecting writers against the use of AI in the writing process.  Many are replacing laborers with the use of AI and it has caused more problems within the strike.

I get why the director would think to use AI for the opening credits, for that kinda "shifting, shwoobly effect", but not only does it undercut real artists...... it also just looks really bad.  Like, it does not look good at all.  From start to finish, every picture that shwoobles across the screen in that intro just simply looks bad.  They easily could've hired real artists to create something to a similar effect AND have it look good.

On 6/24/2023 at 1:43 AM, Jeddostotle7 said:

I get why the director would think to use AI for the opening credits, for that kinda "shifting, shwoobly effect", but not only does it undercut real artists...... it also just looks really bad.  Like, it does not look good at all.  From start to finish, every picture that shwoobles across the screen in that intro just simply looks bad.  They easily could've hired real artists to create something to a similar effect AND have it look good.

yeah it looked so bad I fast forwarded past all of it

On 5/12/2023 at 3:17 AM, AndyL said:

I'm a little concerned about how Marvel tends to deviate from the comic arc but it does look entertaining still. I wish they would have just made a Fury movie instead of trying to piggyback it onto one of the last really good crossover stories from Marvel. It seems like the story and the Fury both deserved a focused project but if it's good who cares I guess. This is the first Disney+ show I've been interested in in a long time. The entertainment value seems to be there but let's see if Disney knows how to properly conclude it or not make the draw on too long.

I would've liked to see Fury on the SHIELD tv series and for it to have much closer ties to the comic SHIELD; back then it would've been too expensive to have Sam Jackson on weekly tv, but they could have had a different actor playing Fury at an earlier phase of his time with SHIELD. A missed opportunity. The D+ show thus far looks good enough to keep me interested for now, but its not "wowing" me just yet. 

On 7/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, Atlantis said:

I would've liked to see Fury on the SHIELD tv series and for it to have much closer ties to the comic SHIELD; back then it would've been too expensive to have Sam Jackson on weekly tv, but they could have had a different actor playing Fury at an earlier phase of his time with SHIELD. A missed opportunity. The D+ show thus far looks good enough to keep me interested for now, but its not "wowing" me just yet. 

He did turn up in the season 1 finale. Still a young fury series would have been interesting

On 7/3/2023 at 7:35 AM, leokearon said:

He did turn up in the season 1 finale. Still a young fury series would have been interesting

I meant as an ongoing regular cast member. The show's budget likely couldn't have supported his salary. But my idea was, another actor, featuring Fury in some flashback arcs, maybe when he was 10 or so years before the series timeline. Just enough to see SHIELD as the organization it was supposed to be, but not something that could interfere with whatever the movies were going to do. Anyway that's over, and I'm hoping they do SHIELD and him justice in this Invasion show.

So far this show is pretty good, I had high hopes, and it's not exactly meeting those hopes, but I have a feeling it's going to really ramp up with the 3rd episode, the 2nd was a ton more exciting then the 1st other then the thing that happened...wink nudge if you know you know. I do love just seeing Sam Jackson being Nick Fury, I can never get enough of that and Ben Mendelsohn is just a great actor, I do enjoy the twos dynamics, some of the other characters are sorta flat though not overly impressed with Gravik or Game of thrones chick, but I see potential in the Villain, he got pretty menacing in the 2nd episode.

On 7/3/2023 at 9:40 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

".... I do love just seeing Sam Jackson being Nick Fury, I can never get enough of that and Ben Mendelsohn is just a great actor, I do enjoy the twos dynamics, some of the other characters are sorta flat though not overly impressed with Gravik or Game of thrones chick, but I see potential in the Villain, he got pretty menacing in the 2nd episode..."

I agree that most of the others do seem flat, but Oliva Coleman's Sonya Falsworth is very intriguing. Far as I can tell, she is new to the MCU and the comics; of course I'm betting she has some relation to the WWII Falsworths ( James Montgomery and Jaqueline, Union Jack and Spitfire respectively); who knows, we might see some early Captain America here. I'm all for it, if this can nudge hasbo to do some comic golden age figures like FA Cap, Bucky, Human Torch, and guys like Red Raven, Destroyer, Blazing Skull, Miss America and the Whizzer. But thats getting way ahead of anything....very interested in how Secret Invasion plays out.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney+ released a brand-new trailer for Marvel Studios' "Secret Invasion." Don't miss the last two episodes of this exciting espionage thriller with Nick Fury trusting no one as he rushes to avert chaos.

In Marvel Studios' new series "Secret Invasion," set in the present-day MCU, Nick Fury learns of a clandestine invasion of Earth by a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls. Fury joins his allies, including Everett Ross, Maria Hill, and the Skrull Talos, who have made a life for himself on Earth. Together they race against time to thwart an imminent Skrull invasion and save humanity.

Marvel Studios' "Secret Invasion" stars Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Cobie Smulders, Martin Freeman, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Charlayne Woodard, Killian Scott, Samuel Adewunmi, Dermot Mulroney, Christopher McDonald, Katie Finneran, with Emilia Clarke and Olivia Colman, and Don Cheadle.

Ali Selim directs the series and executive produces with fellow executive producers Kevin Feige, Jonathan Schwartz, Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Samuel L. Jackson, Ali Selim, Kyle Bradstreet, and Brian Tucker. Kyle Bradstreet is also the head writer, and Jennifer L. Booth, Allana Williams, and Brant Englestein serve as co-executive producers.

Marvel Studios' "Secret Invasion" is streaming now exclusively on Disney+. The series finale will stream on Wednesday, July 26.

On 7/18/2023 at 2:36 AM, since83 said:

Is that a "Super Skrull" with Hulk powers? Or is it Hulkling? Or is Hulkling now a "Super Skrull"? 

Super Skrull before the FF was introduced?...pfft.

technically yes, Teddy would be considered a Super-Skrull since he has the abilities of a Skrull and the extra abilities of a Kree.

by the sounds of think your haven't been watching the series as yes, Super-skrulls have been introduced. The one we know is not only one in the comic. Now there are hundreds. So that version can still be presented later. And no this is not a recent thing. They have multiple Super Skrull for decade. Paibok and Lyra for example are super-skrulls.

Don't think anyone has referred to Teddy as a Super Skrull. I get that you said technically, so OK. But a hybrid isn't the same as what I am fearing. If the kid with the earflaps hat is Teddy, and he's just a Skrull who walks into the machine and gets Hulk powers, that will suck. The future King of Space deserves  better.

I feel like this show is another case of severe "jumping the gun" that the MCU does. What was the rush to do Secret Invasion?  Other than a few minutes of exposition in a mediocre movie, most people have no connection to this story to care about. I feel like we needed a lot more cosmic drama dealing with the Kree/ Skrull war for viewers to care about this subject. That being said, I am watching. It's not horrible. All the scenes of SLJ talking one on one to whoever else are great. But overall the show is lacking oooompf. I felt nothing during the last three "deaths". 

Plus with the Avengers gone, the real plot should be Zemo deciding if he can't beat em join em and starting the Thunderbolts. And I mean the real Thunderbolts. Then when they actually did Secret Invasion right, we could get one of my favorite parts....where all the villain teams help the heroes since its their world too.

On 7/18/2023 at 1:19 PM, since83 said:

"...I feel like this show is another case of severe "jumping the gun" that the MCU does. What was the rush to do Secret Invasion?  Other than a few minutes of exposition in a mediocre movie, most people have no connection to this story to care about.... overall the show is lacking oooompf. I felt nothing during the last three "deaths"...."

This is my concern about how this show is going: there's nothing distinguishing the Skrulls from any generic, human, bunch of "radicalized" terrorist/freedom fighters we've seen a million times already.  They're not alien.

I get that in sci-fi shows like this, budget restraints are always going to limit the "alien" makeup, prosthetics, etc. but even character wise, the writing doesn't reflect what it should. Case in point, Skrull is "killed" but after its resurrected, it reverts back to its human disguise, not its Skrull default. Doesn't make sense.

To celebrate the highly anticipated "Secret Invasion" finale on Disney+, The Walt Disney Company will offer viewers a special opportunity to watch the first three episodes of the hit series on its Hulu platform, starting tomorrow. Marking the occasion, a Skrull invasion is imminent at San Diego Comic-Con this weekend: fans attending the convention may bump into - or become - one of the menacing shapeshifters.

"Secret Invasion" episodes "Resurrection," "Promises" and "Betrayed" will stream on Hulu from Friday, July 21, through Thursday, August 17.

Marvel Studios' thrilling espionage series "Secret Invasion" is streaming on Disney+, where subscribers currently have access to the first five episodes, with Episode 6, the finale, premiering next Wednesday, July 26.

In Marvel Studios' new series "Secret Invasion," set in the present-day MCU, Nick Fury learns of a clandestine invasion of Earth by a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls. Fury joins his allies, including Everett Ross, Maria Hill, and the Skrull Talos, who has made a life for himself on Earth. Together they race against time to thwart an imminent Skrull invasion and save humanity.

Ali Selim directs the series and executive produces along with fellow executive producers Kevin Feige, Jonathan Schwartz, Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, Samuel L. Jackson, Ali Selim, Kyle Bradstreet, and Brian Tucker. Kyle Bradstreet is also the head writer, and Jennifer L. Booth, Allana Williams, and Brant Englestein serve as co-executive producers.