Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Rumour! Vintage wave 2

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tarot

tarot

Faker

• Moderators
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

Rektangular just posted what looks to be a line up for a vintage wave 2.

No idea what versions (except Scarlet Spider that is obviously just a repack)

• Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Black Panther 
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Vision
  • Hawkeye

#2 tarot

tarot

Faker

• Moderators
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

as some one who completely skipped the first one, this wave is miles better then the first.

#3 monron999

monron999

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Uuuuhhhmmm, just let me get the numbers straight for a second. That makes Black Panther number 4, Scarlet Spider number 5, Vision number 4, Hawkeye number 3, and Ant-Man number 5 (if you count MCU versions). I get that this will be the first Pym version of Ant-Man and probably an improvement on Wasp, who happens to have thousands of costume changes as part of her character bio, so I'm cool with those two, but just so we're really clear, we still haven't seen hide nor hair of an updated Quicksilver who is a long standing member of the Avengers (mutant or not), nor have we seen updated versions of Thor (meaning freaking ankle pivot), Tigra or Hercules or Falcon (with wings, for the love of god) or War Machine, Yellow Jacket (male or female, I don't give a damn), Hulk (again, ANKLE PIVOT) or Goliath. Better than the first wave? Perhaps, based on each person's character preferences, but still pretty freaking lame overall. Ant-Man is a definite purchase, but the set as a whole is a resounding "PASS".

#4 tarot

tarot

Faker

• Moderators
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

I think you are forget what the vintage line is about. it's not about giving us "Brand new figure" (IE if they were to give us a Classic Thor figure that would require a bit of retooling), it about giving us

1. figures that are hard to find and are costing quite alot on secondary markets.
  2. Using older figure and repainting them in different colors so they can save up on money and sculpt.
  3. Giving MOC collector something fancy.

So yeah don't expect new sculpts or figures in this line. Just Repaints in different colors on fancy cards.

#5 monron999

monron999

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

No, no, I do understand exactly what the vintage wave is about. I mean, aside from the obvious cheap money grab. What I think you might be misunderstanding is my use of the word update, which I did debate using for that very reason, but allow me to elaborate. When I use the word update I can mean newer or more modern versions of characters, though I'm usually careful to actually regard them as "modern" version, but in this particular case I only used the word in reference to the use of the newer molds or sculpts. Many of the characters I named were done (usually rather poorly) in the Toybiz or early Hasbro lines and could easily be "redone" in classic form using the superior current molds. Thor can be easily revisited using the Odinson buck, Tigra can be done using the Moonstone buck with some glued on auxiliary parts, similarly Hercules, Falcon & Yellow Jacket can all be done on existing bucks with little to no retooling

#6 ChefDeadpool

ChefDeadpool

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

This will let me skip the Odinson wave for exactly the reasons tarot described. Ill probably be buying everything except Scarlet Spider. I hope thats Scarlet Witch instead.

#7 jdgi

jdgi

Andorian

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

I hope the Black Panther is in the modern outfit without the vibranium effect, the Hawkeye is in the classic outfit, Antman and Wasp in their classic outfits, the same for Vision.

As for Scarlet Spider, I assume this will be the Ben Reilly version that came in the Rhino Wave, with paint differences, maybe an alternate head

#8 tarot

tarot

Faker

• Moderators
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

I hope the Black Panther is in the modern outfit without the vibranium effect, the Hawkeye is in the classic outfit, Antman and Wasp in their classic outfits, the same for Vision.

As for Scarlet Spider, I assume this will be the Ben Reilly version that came in the Rhino Wave, with paint differences, maybe an alternate head

I'm thinking peters head painted blond

#9 jdgi

jdgi

Andorian

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

I'm thinking peters head painted blond

Exactly!

#10 nieman257

nieman257

Andorian

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:34 AM

I think it'll be

Ant-Man - classic Pym

Wasp - red trim

Black Panther - damn near reissue of first appearance with a different wash or dagger fist

Scarlet Spider - reissue with Peter Parker head, maybe blonde perhaps 5 o'clock shadown

Vision - classic

Hawkeye - slightly modified of that horrible classic version

I'm hoping they'll do an X-Wave

Cyke - X-Factor

Emma Frost - rerelease

Iceman - classic which would be same mold, painted white, new face sculpt and hands that allow Iron Man blue blast effects

Angel - blue 

Magneto - classic

And I can't think of another straight repaint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us