Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Classic Spidey with smaller eyes?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChefDeadpool

ChefDeadpool

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

So, I'm looiking for a late '70s/early '80s spidey.  Some heads get close like the Homecoming head, but obviously the suit is super-modern.  Can you long-time collectors of the 6" range point me to the best "classic" Spidey?  I'm wanting a pre-McFarlane look (I already have the retro Pizza Spidey, he's alright I guess)

Suggestions?

#2 greenlucario

greenlucario

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

For a truly "classic" Spidey I can only point at one from the Toy Biz days called by most collectors "Snap Shot" Spidey.  It has a very John Romita Sr. feel to it.  I sadly don't have this one in my collection, but would like to eventually add one.  One thing to note though, is that last I looked it demands a pretty high price on the secondary market.

gpo5j-459DJYHPBD4-Full-Image_GalleryBack

#3 ChefDeadpool

ChefDeadpool

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

Hey Spidey, 1985 wants their big puffy shoulders back.

#4 greenlucario

greenlucario

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:26 PM

The sculpt is a bit outdated, but the articulation of the Toy Biz Spideys can't be topped by the modern Hasbro stuff, so I suppose it's all a matter of preference.

#5 greenlucario

greenlucario

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

Your other option for smaller eyes looks like it will be a head swap between the upcoming "Gamerverse" PS4 Spider-Man that's going to be a gamestop exclusive, and the Pizza Spidey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us