Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Official NYCC MU Discussion

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 QthaGreat

QthaGreat

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

Well, what ever the causes or justification for the licensing bickering, the FF and X-Men fans are migging out on their characters being made into figures. The pending MCU Infinity War on the horizon, will be without any X-Men or FF involvement. That sucks too because normally a cosmic event like that involves ALL of Earths heroes. I don't even know why the two studios can't agree on a joint venture to bring the MCU together. Fox and Sony could still get their percentages but let Marvel lead the creative process and production. It would be awesome to see the MCU have a synergy and continuity of characters from all major titles like the comics.

#52 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

If I can be permitted to derail the conversation for a minute (possibly to take the conversation in a more positive direction), I'd like to say that the most exciting thing for me to come out of NYCC was seeing the character art for my character as part of the forthcoming Kindle Worlds Author Fan Poll.  Did everyone see this?  If not, check it out at Hasbro's Pulse.  My character is Stiletto. 

Having a character I created made into an action figure would be a dream come true.  I'll be spending a lot of time in the coming weeks campaigning for Stiletto.  I would really appreciate everyone's vote when the time comes.  As action figure fans yourselves, I'm sure you can imagine the excitement I'm feeling right now and the anticipation of hoping to see Stiletto be made.

#53 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:49 AM

...the most exciting thing for me to come out of NYCC was seeing the character art for my character as part of the forthcoming Kindle Worlds Author Fan Poll.  Did everyone see this?  If not, check it out at Hasbro's Pulse.  My character is Stiletto.

Link for other lazy people like me http://pulse.hasbro....gi_joe_fan_vote (or maybe you're too busy checking HTS to finally put Emma up like me).

#54 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

As action figure fans yourselves, I'm sure you can imagine the excitement I'm feeling right now and the anticipation of hoping to see Stiletto be made.

You've got my vote. That's a dream come true for most of us.

#55 x-man77

x-man77

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:48 PM

Congrats Wedge! Just keep us updated on when the voting begins. :)

#56 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:27 AM

I'm going to apologize right now for how annoying I'm going to get when the voting goes live.  I'm working this weekend so I can clear the decks and just devote myself to promotion when everything goes live.  I'll let everyone know as soon as I see that it is up. 

Thanks for the support, guys.  It will be a dream come true to see my character hanging on the pegs. 

#57 Dodge76

Dodge76

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

If I can be permitted to derail the conversation for a minute (possibly to take the conversation in a more positive direction), I'd like to say that the most exciting thing for me to come out of NYCC was seeing the character art for my character as part of the forthcoming Kindle Worlds Author Fan Poll.  Did everyone see this?  If not, check it out at Hasbro's Pulse.  My character is Stiletto. 

Having a character I created made into an action figure would be a dream come true.  I'll be spending a lot of time in the coming weeks campaigning for Stiletto.  I would really appreciate everyone's vote when the time comes.  As action figure fans yourselves, I'm sure you can imagine the excitement I'm feeling right now and the anticipation of hoping to see Stiletto be made.

Wow, Congrats!!!!

#58 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

Voting is now live for the Hasbro Kindle Worlds Poll.  I would greatly appreciate everyone not only voting for Stiletto but reaching out (text, email, Facebook page) to your family, friends, coworkers, mailmen, butlers, enemies and asking them to do the same.

I'm obviously computer illiterate in that I can't figure out how to post the link, but if you follow the one above, you will reach your destination.

Thank you, all.

#59 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:07 PM

I'll shout you out at joe club, but fair warning- they seem pro adventure team right now...

#60 x-man77

x-man77

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

Done Wedge. I'll try to get others to vote as well. Best of luck!!

#61 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the support.

Voting goes until Monday, so anyone else who can jump on the bandwagon and throw a quick vote to Stiletto is welcome to do so. She'd make an excellent Hydra agent, Black Widow villain, or Shield turncoat in your Marvel display. Plus, it would be a dream come true for me. Please, take twenty seconds out of your day to throw me your vote, and post the link on Facebook asking your friends and loved ones to do the same.

Thanks again.

#62 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

So Tombstone is rumored (according to the front page) for a new wave of Spidey Legends. The original tease didn't clearly specify which scale he'd be in, so it's possible that we won't get him. Then again, maybe he'll be like Morbius and Chameleon and both scales get him at once.

#63 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:44 PM

Based on how things were presented at sdcc, it was very clear to me that the tombstone showed was 3.75. Regardless, to your point, there is precedence for dual releases and I personally think that will be a continuing trend.

#64 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

Based on how things were presented at sdcc, it was very clear to me that the tombstone showed was 3.75. Regardless, to your point, there is precedence for dual releases and I personally think that will be a continuing trend.

Hopefully we'll find out by the end of the weekend.

But man, it's Preview Night and we get nothing. Not one single tease or reveal. I've tried to stay positive while the ship has been going down in flames, but it would have been nice to see something.

#65 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

Any news on any 3.75 figures at the nycc? As all ways the 6" DOLLS are getting plenty of love!

#66 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

Nothing.  I just watched the interview posted on the front page, and there wasn't even a question asked about the real line.

#67 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:52 PM

I seriously thought we'd get to see a 3.75"  Dr Strange deluxe figure like Cap and Falcon. Maybe, maybe 3.75" Guardians movie figures (even if they are 5POA). But no. Nothing. At. All. No tease, no hints, not even a question from the interview in that video on the front page. Nothing.

Meanwhile, the 6" figures are pegwarming into oblivion here. A lot of them haven't even gotten the recent Spidey or Cap waves because they are choking on the Absorbing Man, Odin, and Onslaught ones. Hell, Several Wal-Marts didn't even get the exclusive Winter Soldier or Falcon because the shelves are overflowing with the Hulkbuster wave from last year. Oh and those 5" Spidey and GotG figures? Yeah, they aren't moving either.

None of the local retailers can keep 3.75" on the shelves for long, and then they take months to restock. So tell me again Hasbro, how well are the 5" and 6" lines actually selling? After the black sheep treatment we've gotten, I am going to laugh like Dr Evil when the 6" hype train eventually crashes and burns.

On the flip side, new Joes are a month away. I'm really looking forward to Stiletto and Tombstone, and more Zombie Vipers are always welcome. And there's Rogue One stuff to look forward to, even if it's not as much as I'd like.

#68 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

The 3.75-4 inch lines are just trended out of favor.
The only figures in this scale I saw where overpriced old waves and 5 POA star Wars stuff...
Such a waste.

The 6 inch figure love steamrolled over this line
And all we get is under articulated stuff at inflated prices.
They releasing so many waves in The 6 inch line it's insane (great for those that collect that)

But screw it,
Not gonna fight to give a bunch of asses my money they don't want, and over charge us at the same time.

I went to cherry picking the new figures to fill in blank spots with their get what we feel like giving you and you better like it figures....to why bother.

Time to move on..

Ironically the same company owns my other main collecting (Transformers)
So guess my grumbling will be hollow.....

Really wish they just let another company (a GOOD company) handle this scale and play with all the 6 inch figures they want to and stop killing this line.

#69 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

The new Joes hit parts of the States today. I'm going to forget my sorrow over the lack of news here by hunting for the character I created. I'm disappointed by the Marvel news this year, but I'm more personally excited by this.

It still sucks we are getting ignored, though.

#70 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

The new Joes hit parts of the States today. I'm going to forget my sorrow over the lack of news here by hunting for the character I created. I'm disappointed by the Marvel news this year, but I'm more personally excited by this.

It still sucks we are getting ignored, though.

I think it is absolutely classless that they didn't give you a copy of the figure.

I remember when the creator of Wraith was asked what he thought of his creation getting a figure and his reply was to the effect of "it's cool... wish I could find one at the store." 

#71 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Where can I got those Joes,
I want the Zombie 2 packs and The female characterd but they sold out a day before I even knew they dropped on pre-order on BBTS.

#72 ssg4life

ssg4life

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:53 PM

tru exclusives, again

#73 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, definitely a little lame that Wedge didn't get a complimentary copy.

#74 illestr8r

illestr8r

Andorian

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:09 AM

Stiletto is available for preorder again on BBTS.

Funny. I don't collect Joe's but, from what I've picked up on clearance while hunting for Stiletto, I've amassed quite a collection. Or rather a non-collection. I'm not ready to admit this is a thing with me yet (but it clearly is lol. Thanks Wedge!). Also, I agree, total BS you weren't given a copy of the figure you created. Congratulations to you though, sir.

#75 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

Thank you, everyone, for the thoughts and well-wishes.  My buddy Bill grabbed me a full set of all of the figures yesterday, so I can't complain.  I am at work all day today, so I wasn't able to pop them out and move the around (except for the Shooter 3-pack).  I am going to test my customizing skills tomorrow, though, and see if I can highlight the scar and white out the eye on Stiletto.

I'm not upset that people are talking about my minor contribution to G.I. Joe lore (free publicity is good publicity, and if anyone would like to know more about Stiletto, Shooter, Storm Shadow, Duke, or Snake-Eyes...I think those are all of the characters who were just released who are in my novels, feel free to check out my novels on Amazon by searching Bill Nedrow), but it is a shame that NYCC left us no Marvel news to talk about. 

Again, thank you to all for the kind words. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us