What are in your opinion, some of the worst costume designs in a superhero movie? Now, I am going to ignore the 2000 X-Men film and its use of black spandex because it was at a time where superheroes wearing their comic accurate costume was unheard of and a pipe dream.
1. Eternals, it is no secret that the Eternals had terrible costumes. You can easily tell that the reason why Hasbro was able to pump out all 10 Eternals in one go is because when it comes down to it, it is just a bunch of dudes in robes with different geometric shapes and colors. They work as initial costumes for when they come down to earth. But as they learn about earth culture. It would have been easy to see them incorporate earth culture into their new modern suits. Why could we not have received comic accurate costumes in a franchise that is supposed to give us comic accurate costumes? I especially hate Kingo's design. While it would not have made sense to make his costume look like a samurai in the comics, given he is played by Pakistani actor Kumail Nanjiani. They could have easily given us a costume based on Indian Rajput armor and it would have still demonstrated his sword fighting abilities. Gilgamesh wearing a face mask was the coolest aspect of his comic design as it conveys this sense of mystery to him as the Forgotten One. The movie eschews that for a big beefy dude in a gross combination of green and yellow. There is also Makkari's visor which makes sense, given she runs a lot and the visor would protect her eyes and it just screams speedster. I am rambling too much. Next!
2. Fantastic Four reboot. Nani, Superheroes wearing all black costumes in 2015? Yep, extremely bland. It makes the characters feel like in-name only versions of the Fantastic Four. This is not like Fox did not know how to design comic accurate Fantastic Four suits. The Tim Story duology had great costumes. I rank this one lower than the Eternals because while the color scheme is all black. At least their suits tell the audience about each members' powers. Also, what is up with the Thing being buck ass naked and lacking genitals? Did the trip to planet zero castrate him?
3. Deadpool, and I mean the 2009 X-Men origins: Wolverine version. Where do I even begin with this design. He has no mouth. He is shirtless and the red markings on his face look wrong as hell. I know the guy in charge of Fox at the time hates Deadpool and he was the one who ordered his mouth to be sewn shut. But to what extent? He is making that movie for money. No one whpo went to see the movie in theaters were there to see Deadpool, the merc with no mouth.
4. X-Men Apocalypse: every costume barring Psylocke. They are one dimensional. The lore behind the method of obtainment of these flight suits is dumb, they stole them from Stryker's base, and the fact that it makes them look ore like a mono chromatic army is dumb as hell. As for the horsemen, Magneto is wearing an edgier version of his outfit, same for Storm and Archangel is not blue like in the comics. Why add a significant character into the movie when you are not going to adapt his iconic storyline that involves the movie's main villain. Apocalypse looks like he came from a Power Ranger show instead of the comic book beefy dude with a commanding presence.
5. Black Panther: the new suits. I have mixed bags about the new suits used by T'Challa and Killmonger in the final battle. Why could we not have gotten mercenary Killmonger in the final version? While the new Black Panther suit has what looks to be a bra and a mouth, something the Civil War version laced and looked cool. It makes up for it in powers, Granting T'Challa the ability to redirect kinetic energy. But the cat mouth on the mask really bugs me.
Obviously there are more out there. These are just the ones that came from the top of my head. Feel free to let me know what live-action movie costume you hate.